ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Miss-Suz » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:41 pm

Mata wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:31 pm
lolwe wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:52 pm

The key is to avoid being forcibly removed after 31 December 2020 while the judge decides your case. You could be a target for a removal because you will not have LTR and the Home Office will likely say you are not a Zambrano carer.
So, if the HO removes/deports me to my country would they also remove/deport my British citizen children (to where?) whose their other parent is non-existent? Or would they take the children to care? I meam what would to these British children after their only parent has been deported?
Good question! Only the Home Office knows
They are capable of everything! I even saw an article where they were discussion around this question, I think it was the judgment of Luiz Zambrano itself.
They were an argument whether the child could be sent to care 🙄
How can someone even think like that !! It’s just inhumane

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:45 pm

Thanks for deleting. I just edited, Will repost it

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:20 pm

Mata wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:31 pm
lolwe wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:52 pm

The key is to avoid being forcibly removed after 31 December 2020 while the judge decides your case. You could be a target for a removal because you will not have LTR and the Home Office will likely say you are not a Zambrano carer.
So, if the HO removes/deports me to my country would they also remove/deport my British citizen children (to where?) whose their other parent is non-existent? Or would they take the children to care? I meam what would to these British children after their only parent has been deported?
The Home Office works VERY closely with Social Services. Social Services has been putting British children of Zambrano carers into foster care since 2012. Do you see? Zambrano carers do not qualify for important benefits. They have to go to Social Services and ask for support under Section 17. But Social Services refuse most Zambrano carers. They tell the Zambrano carers, "Go away, stop asking us for help, or we will take your children and put them into foster care." The crazy thing is, European parents of British children were deported. They give you a choice. Take your child with you, or they put the child into foster care.

Mata

Post by Mata » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:26 pm

[/quote] Good question! Only the Home Office knows
They are capable of everything! I even saw an article where they were discussion around this question, I think it was the judgment of Luiz Zambrano itself.
They were an argument whether the child could be sent to care 🙄 How can someone even think like that !! It’s just inhumane [/quote]

Unless the UK withdraws from the ECHR, the decision of the Supreme Court in ZH (Tanzania) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2011] UKSC 4 stands.

Even if the UK withdraws from the ECHR, the judgment also makes clear that citizenship has intrinsic importance, in addition to any other ECHR rights that may have accrued.

Obviously, gaining UK immigration status will be very expensive in future, but fundamental rights such as citizenship rights will prevail. Taking a child in care is very expensive than granting their parents leave to remain to care for their children.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:36 pm

Mata wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:26 pm
Unless the UK withdraws from the ECHR, the decision of the Supreme Court in ZH (Tanzania) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2011] UKSC 4 stands.

Even if the UK withdraws from the ECHR, the judgment also makes clear that citizenship has intrinsic importance, in addition to any other ECHR rights that may have accrued.

Obviously, gaining UK immigration status will be very expensive in future, but fundamental rights such as citizenship rights will prevail. Taking a child in care is very expensive than granting their parents leave to remain to care for their children.
So the Zambrano carers who were deported from the UK, who had their children placed into foster care, just imagined it?

There are no citizenship rights for Zambrano carers.

Social Services would rather place a British child into care, than support a single parent who needs housing benefit, income support, etc.

There exists a real and palpable disdain for Zambrano carers in the UK.
Last edited by lolwe on Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:37 pm

Mata wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:26 pm
Good question! Only the Home Office knows
They were an argument whether the child could be sent to care 🙄 How can someone even think like that !! It’s just inhumane [/quote]

[/quote]
Home Office is using taxpayers money for this kind of things. So if nothing for them.
Just last week, have seen in an article that they used £10000 on each asylum seekers just to be deported
This is huge and scandalous!
And again that represent nothing for them as this money is from the taxpayers
What a shame!

Mata

Post by Mata » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:39 pm

The Home Office works VERY closely with Social Services. Social Services has been putting British children of Zambrano carers into foster care since 2012. Do you see? Zambrano carers do not qualify for important benefits. They have to go to Social Services and ask for support under Section 17. But Social Services refuse most Zambrano carers. They tell the Zambrano carers, "Go away, stop asking us for help, or we will take your children and put them into foster care." The crazy thing is, European parents of British children were deported. They give you a choice. Take your child with you, or they put the child into foster care.
I am sorry to say that this is very misleading and a big lie. I have read your posts in this thread and I don't understand why you are trying to scare people. Working with looked after chidren and forster cares, I have never came across with what you are trying to say. Within social services, I have worked with parents who had no leave to remain and supported them all the way, working closely with HO, and were able to regularise their status on the basis of their British children. Please let's not intimidate people with unsubstantiated claims. UK leaving the EU is not the end migrant rights in the UK.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:44 pm

Mata wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:39 pm
I am sorry to say that this is very misleading and a big lie. I have read your posts in this thread and I don't understand why you are trying to scare people. Working with looked after chidren and forster cares, I have never came across with what you are trying to say. Within social services, I have worked with parents who had no leave to remain and supported them all the way, working closely with HO, and were able to regularise their status on the basis of their British children. Please let's not intimidate people with unsubstantiated claims. UK leaving the EU is not the end migrant rights in the UK.
@Mata, You dishonor all of the Zambrano carers who had to fight Social Services from 2012 onwards to remain with their children with your comments.

Just because you work with the lucky ones, does not mean you got to see the entire picture.

I paste quotations from people who work in a variety of fields. From Social Services, to Parliament, to Human Rights, these people are clear that something is VERY WRONG with the way Zambrano carers are treated.

Are you aware of the reasons why we are working so hard to create a Group Litigation Order?

I suppose you think our efforts are unnecessary or exaggerated?

Well, no. You are wrong. Until you have lived in the UK as a Zambrano carer, you can't convince me that your occupation gives you the right to deny the truth.

I suggest you educate yourself.

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:50 pm

1ED01BEF-9D15-4F44-AEB0-557196CB7F54.jpeg
1ED01BEF-9D15-4F44-AEB0-557196CB7F54.jpeg (969 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
8882F859-F350-46AD-8ADB-89B64245D81A.jpeg
8882F859-F350-46AD-8ADB-89B64245D81A.jpeg (771.97 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
EA6D13B3-BDE5-4DEC-B73C-F16D30AE47DB.jpeg
EA6D13B3-BDE5-4DEC-B73C-F16D30AE47DB.jpeg (517.37 KiB) Viewed 1120 times

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:52 pm

In the same way people could not comprehend that the horrors of the Windrush scandal were real, the average Brit will not believe the stress and barriers Zambrano carers face - for just trying to raise their children. Children who happen to be British.

I am going to focus on responding to people who want to help their family and other families because I am concerned about rights for Zambrano carers after 31 December 2020. I have a long day tomorrow as I have to figure out how to write a statement for a Group Litigation Order. Good night.

Mata

Post by Mata » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:58 pm

lolwe wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:36 pm

So the Zambrano carers who were deported from the UK, who had their children placed into foster care, just imagined it?
I would appreciate it if you can provide evidence of court orders ordering deportation of parents of British children.
I dont think you read and understood my point. I am talking about British chidren.
Social Services would rather place a British child into care, than support a single parent who needs housing benefit, income support, etc.
Again this is intimidation and misleading. For those who work in social services will know how misleading this is. Do you know how much it cost to place a child in care?

Why are you making false claims anyway? Why? I thought the aim of this forum is to inform people and not to intidimate them with false claims.
Only time will tell.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:03 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:50 pm
Thank you so much for taking the time to upload a redacted version of your refusal letter, Miss Suz!

It is much appreciated. That just leaves LULUBABY's refusal letter :) :lol:
“None of us is as smart as all of us.”

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:05 pm

ZAMBRANO CARERS V SSHD ---Join the Group Litigation Order (GLO) against the Home Office!

This joint legal claim is for Zambrano carers who have been refused settled or pre-settled status after making an settlement application for EUSS (under Appendix EU).
Tell @LULUBABY the issue number that relates to you. She will add you to the list.

Issue 1: Zambrano carers who do not currently have leave to remain under Appendix FM
  • Miss Suz
  • Gee
Issue 2: Zambrano carers who were refused because they had leave to remain under Appendix FM
  • Greatgreat
  • Lagosbos
Issue 3: Zambrano carers who were refused because they did not renew their leave to remain under Appendix FM
  • Lulubaby

Mata

Post by Mata » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:07 pm

lolwe wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:45 pm
Here are a few quotes taken from an article:
As the Zambrano infants are UK citizens residing in the UK, and therefore not migrant EU citizens, they do not fall under the Citizenship Directive. Neither the UK nor the EU specified what rights they will have. They were also ignored in the final stages of negotiations.
Those children are already British citizens and entitled to the same rights just like other British citizens. The fact that their parents aren't British will not affect their citizenship.

Mata

Post by Mata » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:45 pm

lolwe wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:44 pm

@Mata, You dishonor all of the Zambrano carers who had to fight Social Services from 2012 onwards to remain with their children with your comments.
I have asked you to provide evidence of British children who were removed from the care of their parents and became look after children because their parents were Zambrano carers. So far you haven't.
Just because you work with the lucky ones, does not mean you got to see the entire picture.
For your information, there are no lucky looked after children. It is not lucky for a child to be separated from their parents and become a looked after child. Those children have gone through traumatic experinces, loss and separation. These arent lucky things, so please choose your words wisely.
I paste quotations from people who work in a variety of fields. From Social Services, to Parliament, to Human Rights, these people are clear that something is VERY WRONG with the way Zambrano carers are treated.
Contradicting yourself. Did you just said above that social services work very close with the HO to deport Zambrano carers and place their British chidren with foster carers.

I am not happy with the way Zambrano carers have been treated in the UK. At the same time, I am not happy with the way you try to intimidate them here.
Are you aware of the reasons why we are working so hard to create a Group Litigation Order? I suppose you think our efforts are unnecessary or exaggerated?
Focus on that then than sending out threats that the children will be removed from their care. The only thing I don't want to happen is for these people to be exploited by some professionals out there because of their vulnerability.
Well, no. You are wrong. Until you have lived in the UK as a Zambrano carer, you can't convince me that your occupation gives you the right to deny the truth.
Well, does yours give you the right to intimidate people?
I always believe in continuous learning but definitely not from you.

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:13 am

Mata wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:58 pm
lolwe wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:36 pm

I would appreciate it if you can provide evidence of court orders ordering deportation of parents of British children.
I dont think you read and understood my point. I am talking about British chidren.
Again this is intimidation and misleading. For those who work in social services will know how misleading this is. Do you know how much it cost to place a child in care?

Why are you making false claims anyway? Why? I thought the aim of this forum is to inform people and not to intidimate them with false claims.
Only time will tell.
Mata, what Lolwe is trying to say is true! Theresa May once argue that those children can stay with other relatives or in care here and have Skype video with the other deported parent.
So yes the Home Office will note think twice if they have to do that

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:15 am

I don’t think Lolwe is trying to scared us. It’s better we’re prepared in case of the worst case scenario

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:27 am

Mata wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:45 pm
lolwe wrote:

I have asked you to provide evidence of British children who were removed from the care of their parents and became look after children because their parents were Zambrano carers. So far you haven't.
For your information, there are no lucky looked after children. It is not lucky for a child to be separated from their parents and become a looked after child. Those children have gone through traumatic experinces, loss and separation. These arent lucky things, so please choose your words wisely.
Contradicting yourself. Did you just said above that social services work very close with the HO to deport Zambrano carers and place their British chidren with foster carers.

I am not happy with the way Zambrano carers have been treated in the UK. At the same time, I am not happy with the way you try to intimidate them here.
Are you aware of the reasons why we are working so hard to create a Group Litigation Order? I suppose you think our efforts are unnecessary or exaggerated?
Focus on that then than sending out threats that the children will be removed from their care. The only thing I don't want to happen is for these people to be exploited by some professionals out there because of their vulnerability.
Just so you know, in my DFR1 refusal letter, the Home Office encourage me to leave the country knowing that I am a parent of a British Citizen. So they just don’t care about the future of our children.

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:43 am

Home Office hostile environment policy

The UK Home Office hostile environment policy is a set of administrative and legislative measures designed to make staying in the United Kingdom as difficult as possible for people without leave to remain, in the hope that they may "voluntarily leave".[1][2][3][4][5] The Home Office policy was first announced in 2012 under the Conservative-Liberal Democrat coalition.[6] The policy was widely seen as being part of a strategy of reducing UK immigration figures to the levels promised in the 2010 Conservative Party Election Manifesto.[7][8][9]

The policy has been cited as one of the harshest immigration policies in the history of the United Kingdom, and has been widely criticised as inhumane, ineffective, and unlawful.[10][11] The United Nations Human Rights Council has stated that the policy has fostered xenophobia within the UK, while the Equality and Human Rights Commission has found that the policy broke equalities law.[12][13]

It has notably led to significant issues with the Windrush generation and other Commonwealth citizens being deported after not being able to prove their right to remain in the UK, despite being guaranteed that right.[14]

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:51 am

In October 2013 May stated, "we will extend the number of non-suspensive appeals so that, where there is no risk of serious and irreversible harm, we can deport first and hear appeals later".[19][20]

The policy included the removal of homeless citizens of other European Union countries.[2][21][22] Additionally, through the implementation of the Immigration Act 2014 and Immigration Act 2016, the policy included requirements for landlords, the NHS, charities, community interest companies and banks to carry out ID checks.[23][24][25][26][27][28][29]

The policy also implemented a more complicated application process to get 'leave to remain' based on the principle of 'deport first, appeal later', whilst encouraging voluntary deportation though strategies including "Go Home" vans as part of "Operation Vaken", as well as adverts in newspapers, shops, and charity and faith buildings used by ethnic minorities.[30][14][31][32]

In 2018 the Home Office lost 75% of their appeals against applicants for refugee status who challenged rejections by the Home Office.[33] Sonya Sceats, the chief executive of Freedom from Torture, said:

A 2018 governmental review revealed that the Home Office had tried to deport at least 300 highly skilled migrants (including teachers, doctors, lawyers, engineers and IT professionals) under the 322(5) provision, at least 87 successfully. This mostly affected people who had lived in the UK for more than 10 years and had children born in the UK. Many were given only 14 days to leave the UK and were made ineligible to apply for visas to return. The review found that 65% of 322(5) decisions were overturned by an upper tribunal and 45% of applicants for judicial review were successful (28% of judicial reviews found in favour of the defendant). Additionally the review found that 32% of "complex cases" were wrongly decided.[34]

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:54 am

Imagine, this policy came out while the UK was still part of the EU. Now that they’re out, everything can be possible.
I just hope and pray that God is by our side.

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:58 am

lolwe wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:03 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:50 pm
Thank you so much for taking the time to upload a redacted version of your refusal letter, Miss Suz!

It is much appreciated. That just leaves LULUBABY's refusal letter :) :lol:
“None of us is as smart as all of us.”
Thanks to you Lolwe 🙏🏽

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:09 am

lolwe wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:06 pm
An important point you really need to understand

If you read the documentation, it says that "derived" rights of the TFEU will continue after 31 December 2020.

You may think, that is great news! My rights are derived under Article 20 of the TFEU. Ruiz Zambrano was granted status because of Article 20 of the TFEU.

The problem is only derived benefits that have not been "disapplied" continue. Your derived rights have been disapplied.

The only part of Article 20 of the TFEU that continues, is the part related to the Citizenship Directive.

The Citizenship Directive only covers EU citizens who exercised their right to free movement and moved to another country.

Zambrano carers are not covered by the Citizenship Directive and therefore they have no rights after 31 December 2020.
Yeah that confused me the other day. That’s why I posted many articles on here last time.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:48 am

Miss-Suz wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:27 am
Just so you know, in my DFR1 refusal letter, the Home Office encourage me to leave the country knowing that I am a parent of a British Citizen. So they just don’t care about the future of our children.
Oh no, Miss Suz! I thought they stopped doing that!!! How awful. :(

The English public should be made aware of these things...

Did you know you can hide posts from people on this forum? You just click the exclamation point et voila! Their posts disappear from your feed. You can just ignore them.

Yesterday was a breakthrough for Zambrano carers. So many people working together.

People will try to distract us, but we can not let that happen.

I realised last night, that in a few years, no one will believe the mass refusals that went out to Zambrano carers. They will say, that could not have happened because the children are British. Or, it must have just been you who got the letter and something must be wrong with you, blah blah blah.

Anyway, here is a quote from an online newspaper published just this morning. It looks like at least one newspaper could be interested in stories about Zambrano carers.
This series is an in-depth look at beloved in the UK in 2020 and beyond. We aim to look at how, where and why individual and structural beloved impacts people of colour from all walks of life.

It's vital that we improve the language we have to talk about beloved and continue the difficult conversations about inequality - even if they make you uncomfortable.

We want to hear from you - if you have a personal story or experience of beloved that you would like to share get in touch:

Read more: url hidden

Twitter: hidden | Facebook: hidden

Also from the article
Those without lived experience have to make an active decision to care about this issue. She appreciates every single person who has made this choice, but she needs them to get there on their own.
‘We can’t wait for anyone,’ says XXX. ‘You don’t get to people being killed in the street with impunity overnight. ‘But also, that means things are so dire that we can’t afford to mince our words, or slow down for everybody to catch up. ‘We have to keep going. We’ve still got a long journey ahead of us.’

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:19 am

Mata wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:45 pm
lolwe wrote:

A social worker behaved as if her job description was to make life difficult for me, kept talking to me like trash, threatening me with the HO and reminding me that she will write about me to HO, keeping me miserable on end, using both landlord and care taker of the house given to us by children services against me, using divide and rule tactics, using other Zambrano mothers in a shared accommodation against me, using accommodation officers in the Council against me, the list is endless, just because I was an overstayer, had no papers, NRTPF and was vulnerable.

Until I showed her I was no longer ‘AN APPRENTICE’ by telling her not to talk to me on the phone anymore only via emails, then stopped picking her calls. I also insisted on taking minutes during our face to face discussions.

Meanwhile my child was placed on a high pedestal, because of being British but me the goose that laid that GOLDEN EGG, was treated like trash because I am a TCN and had no papers. Even the Health Visitor at the Communal Asylum accommodation for no reason kept reminding me that my child being british didn’t mean I could stay in this country.
Even the food banks then in 2013 refused me help because according to them it wasn’t my british child that will enjoy the food.
Even the LA in 2015/2016 refused me help because according to their staff, I will enjoy the house without papers.
We all know they were ready to look after our children those years while we are asked to go back to our countries. After all what led to the term Single Parent of a British child?. They wanted the British fathers/ British relatives or Children’s services to look after our children will we ‘go back home because we were illegal.

Even a Charity caseworker reminded me during that period that when I go for section 17 help that the Social Services will offer that they can look after my baby but that I shouldn’t agree.

There was another Social worker we had whom my child still remembers fondly till today because of her kindness, warm words and the big football she gave him.

No matter how long we debate this, all I know is that Zambrano years and my experience with HO and SOCIAL WORKERS is ‘SEE FINISH’.

SEE FINISH is a pidgin term that translates as 'to have seen it all'. It is used to describe a situation where two people have become too familiar that the boundary of respect / tolerance is pushed.
Remember the saying that familiarity breeds contempt.

Apparently some people feel Zambrano is a loophole.

As for this forum, we have it all, it is up to the member to see the the glass ‘half full’, it’s up to the member to take a step back and see the ‘bigger picture’ from time to time. It is up to member not just to start reading from the current page of this Zambrano topic but to read from page 1 of the old thread, then from page 1 of the new thread and remain focused. If you don’t know where you dropped your dry clothes before going swimming, how will you know where to go and dress up when you come out of the water?.

We are all wearing the Zambrano shoes but we know individually where those shoes hurt.