ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee Visa - Fixed Term Contract Permanent vs Temporary option

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

FIANCÉE VISA - BREAK IN EMPLOYMENT

Post by hemp382 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:27 am

I have been in my current job since October as a full time employee. I earn above the threshold (80k). I was in a Fixed Term Contract for 6months (90k) between May and October 2020. Before that I was in a permanent job between June 2018 and May 2020.

I had a 3 week break in October so only earned £1,100 which is below the threshold for that month.

However, on average over 12 months I earned over 100k with a redundancy payment.

I am providing 12 months of payslips and bank statements plus letters from all 3 employees I had in the year 2020 (applying in Jan 2021).

I regularly put money into savings but have some months overdrawn by up to 3k. The last few months i have ensured to stay positive at all times.

Will the fact I earned less then the threshold in October count against me. Will having three employees? Will the overdrawn months be an issue?

I have explained the reason for my job changes and gap in October. Should I explain the overdrawn reason of putting too much into savings?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: FIANCÉE VISA - BREAK IN EMPLOYMENT

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:53 am

hemp382 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:27 am
I have been in my current job since October as a full time employee. I earn above the threshold (80k). I was in a Fixed Term Contract for 6months (90k) between May and October 2020. Before that I was in a permanent job between June 2018 and May 2020.

I had a 3 week break in October so only earned £1,100 which is below the threshold for that month.

However, on average over 12 months I earned over 100k with a redundancy payment.

I am providing 12 months of payslips and bank statements plus letters from all 3 employees I had in the year 2020 (applying in Jan 2021).

I regularly put money into savings but have some months overdrawn by up to 3k. The last few months i have ensured to stay positive at all times.

Will the fact I earned less then the threshold in October count against me. Will having three employees? Will the overdrawn months be an issue? NO issue

I have explained the reason for my job changes and gap in October. Should I explain the overdrawn reason of putting too much into savings? this is no need because they are not interested in this.
It will only count against you if you are applying under CAT A salaried since they take the lowest but the benefit of applying under CAT B will be safest option for you upon satisfying both conditions of CAT B which in your situation it looks like you are a high earner so you could easily meet both conditions.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: FIANCÉE VISA - BREAK IN EMPLOYMENT

Post by hemp382 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:53 am

Thanks for the clarifications. Much appreciated.

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

Barclays online bank statements - accepted format

Post by hemp382 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:28 am

Hi.

I have been receiving online only statements for a number of years. I recently switched to paper statements but as I haven't been in my current role for 6 months I have to provide 12 months of statements. I have a standard Barclays current account (not an online only one).

I got Barclays to send me statements in the post but the accompanying letter states these are copies. Also not all pages are on headed paper so look the same as you can print online. They won't write a letter to say these are genuine as per the guidelines.

I was told to go to branch to get them stamped but was refused. They said they don't stamp statements they don't print themselves but can only print 3 months worth themselves.

What options do I have. Other than go to lots of different branches which is hard as most or closed.

I think it will be ok to scan the statements I got via the post. Should I include or exclude the letter saying they are copies as not confuse things?

I know this has been covered before but there aren't recent posts.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Barclays online bank statements - accepted format

Post by TODMATT » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:30 am

hemp382 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:28 am
Hi.

I have been receiving online only statements for a number of years. I recently switched to paper statements but as I haven't been in my current role for 6 months I have to provide 12 months of statements. I have a standard Barclays current account (not an online only one).

I got Barclays to send me statements in the post but the accompanying letter states these are copies. Also not all pages are on headed paper so look the same as you can print online. They won't write a letter to say these are genuine as per the guidelines. If the statement was sent through the post, it would fulfil the requirement.

I was told to go to branch to get them stamped but was refused. They said they don't stamp statements they don't print themselves but can only print 3 months worth themselves.

What options do I have. Other than go to lots of different branches which is hard as most or closed.

I think it will be ok to scan the statements I got via the post. Should I include or exclude the letter saying they are copies as not confuse things?

I know this has been covered before but there aren't recent posts.

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by hemp382 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:52 am

Thanks for the reply.

Do you think I should include the covering letter from Barclays to say the are copies?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:01 pm

hemp382 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:52 am
Thanks for the reply.

Do you think I should include the covering letter from Barclays to say the are copies?
No need as long as it was sent to you via the post, it will be printed on their own bank stationaries rather you printing them by yourselves.

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:42 pm

Hi,

I had the same problem. When I went to the branch I was told to download the Mobile banking app on phone and it had all the bank statements (as in normal paper format).

Hope this helps :)

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

FIANCÉE VISA - Large Transactions on Bank Statements

Post by hemp382 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:25 pm

I am applying for my fiancee's visa using 12 months of bank statements (as I changed jobs recently).

Over the course of the year I have moved large amounts of money in and out of my savings accounts I.e. opened savings accounts and transferred isas. I also provided my father with savings to invest which he transferred back and I then reinvested.

I have a regular salary which meets the income requirements and am not relying on savings. However, do I need to mention the reason for these transactions (between 5-100k). There are about 20 such transactions. Will I need to provide proof of the sources of income? I earned the money through previous employment but this goes back 10 years.

I am particularly worried about the amounts from my father, but am not reliant on him to support me or meet the Financial requirements.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: FIANCÉE VISA - Large Transactions on Bank Statements

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:48 pm

hemp382 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:25 pm
I am applying for my fiancee's visa using 12 months of bank statements (as I changed jobs recently).

Over the course of the year I have moved large amounts of money in and out of my savings accounts I.e. opened savings accounts and transferred isas. I also provided my father with savings to invest which he transferred back and I then reinvested.

I have a regular salary which meets the income requirements and am not relying on savings. However, do I need to mention the reason for these transactions (between 5-100k). There are about 20 such transactions. Will I need to provide proof of the sources of income? I earned the money through previous employment but this goes back 10 years.

I am particularly worried about the amounts from my father, but am not reliant on him to support me or meet the Financial requirements.
You are not relying on savings so therefore it is not needed and caseworker are only interested in your income matching your payslips and bank statements.

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re-issued Bank Statement older than 28 days

Post by hemp382 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:53 pm

I have read in a few places that bank statements should not be older than 28 days. I am somewhat confused as if I had received these in the post monthly they would have been up to 1 year old.

I was receiving online statements only so requested the previous years worth of copy statements that barclays sent in the post in November.

I then got November and December in the post as normal after switching to paper statements.

As the copy statements for the full year came more than 28 days before application should I re-request them. I was going to include the letter that came with the statements saying they were copies but have come from Barclays in the post and this is dated in Nov but the statements are not dated (other than statement period). I guess I could exclude the letter and just include the statements.

Both the re-issued copy statements and the ones that came in Nov and Dec only show the Barclays header on the first page only. Will that be an issue?

All statements do have an electronic stamp that you don't get when you get them online. Should I point this out as further proof of authenticity.

Barclays would not stamp the statements when I went into branch. I did receive an email from their secure messaging system that includes a basic Barclays Header to say statements were sent by them in the post. Again, should I include this?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Re-issued Bank Statement older than 28 days

Post by Korekt » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:45 am

You can include just the bank statements and don't unnecessarily worry about the 28-day rule here.

Do ensure the statements cover the required period.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

Fiancee Visa - Fixed Term Contract Permanent vs Temporary option

Post by hemp382 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:25 pm

Hi,

I am filling out the online application for the Fiancee Visa. I have had 3 jos in the last 12 months. One of these was a Fixed Term Contract. Should I select Permanent or Temporary on the form?

I think Temporary but I am not 100% sure.

Kind regards,

Hemant

hemp382
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Fiancee Visa - Fixed Term Contract Permanent vs Temporary option

Post by hemp382 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:25 pm

Issue resolved. Set to temporary

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Fiancee Visa - Fixed Term Contract Permanent vs Temporary option

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:49 pm

hemp382 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:25 pm
Hi,

I am filling out the online application for the Fiancee Visa. I have had 3 jos in the last 12 months. One of these was a Fixed Term Contract. Should I select Permanent or Temporary on the form?

I think Temporary but I am not 100% sure.

Kind regards,

Hemant
Temporary.