ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

seeking advice before submitting form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aniko84
Newly Registered
Mood:

seeking advice/help filling my application form in

Post by Aniko84 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:08 pm

Good evening all,

I was advised I could to use this platform to ask some questions about how to correctly fill in the British citizenship application. It's a fairly intimidating process and I'm nervous I'll make mistakes...

So my first concern is the section with convictions and penalties. A few years ago I was fined for driving in the bus lane. I paid the fine and had no trouble with it at all, no points on my license. Do I have to put this on the application form? It seems silly to do, but also don't want to make the wrong call here.

I'd appreciate the help very much!

Cheers, Aniko

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: seeking advice/help filling my application form in

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:28 pm

No need to declare a PCN.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Aniko84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Aniko84 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:07 am

Thank you for this!
Aniko

Aniko84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Aniko84 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:34 am

Good morning,

I have passes the IELTS life skills B1 Speaking and Listening test over 2 years ago and I'm unsure if that's still ok to use as my proof of level of English on my application form. I have read on the Home office website that when it's used for neutralisation, this test does not "expire".
Can anyone advise me on this?

Thank you in advance!
Aniko

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:54 pm

Aniko84 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:34 am
Good morning,

I have passes the IELTS life skills B1 Speaking and Listening test over 2 years ago and I'm unsure if that's still ok to use as my proof of level of English on my application form. I have read on the Home office website that when it's used for neutralisation, this test does not "expire".
Can anyone advise me on this?

Thank you in advance!
Aniko
Have you used the same for ILR? If you have you can simply use that for AN anyways.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Aniko84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Aniko84 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:45 pm

When I applied for ILR they didn't ask for this (or at least I can't remember)
I applied for ILR in January 2020 and was accepted to the scheme. This was the newer, quicker, brexit version, done online.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:58 pm

Aniko84 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:45 pm
When I applied for ILR they didn't ask for this (or at least I can't remember)
I applied for ILR in January 2020 and was accepted to the scheme. This was the newer, quicker, brexit version, done online.
In that case, if it is 2 years old, you must have used if for any previous UK immigration application AND should be on the recognised list. Google: “Prove English Requirements UK gov” and check details there.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:07 pm

I think OP refers to settled status which doesn't require a language test. If it's older than two years he needs to take a new B1 test of course.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:12 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:07 pm
I think OP refers to settled status which doesn't require a language test. If it's older than two years he needs to take a new B1 test of course.
👍

Aniko84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Aniko84 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:15 pm

If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.

Applying for citizenship
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It does not matter if the B1 level test you took is not on the current list of recognised tests. You do not need to take another test.

Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter

This is from the government's website. If I understand correctly, my B1 is still valid for applying for citizenship, but please correct me if I misunderstood something here.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:18 pm

No. You will have to take a new B1 SELT as @alterhase58 correctly pointed out.

https://www.trinitycollege.com/qualific ... SE-grade-5
Applying for citizenship
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

You did not use your current test when you settled in UK.

Aniko84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Aniko84 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:29 pm

Thank you for clarifying this!

Aniko84
Newly Registered
Mood:

seeking advice before submitting form

Post by Aniko84 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:34 pm

Good afternoon,

I just completed my online citizenship application form and was wondering if anyone knows of/ever used some kind of services that can check the form over before submitting and paying the fee. I am pretty confident I will be fine, but it's a lot of money to loose if I did make mistakes or misunderstood something on the form.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, Aniko

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: seeking advice before submitting form

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:02 pm

As long you meet the requirements and have made sure you provide all documents as per the checklist you are fine. The documents checking service is a waste. UKVCAS knows nothing about immigration rules. They only go by the checklist. Do not waste your money on it.

Aniko84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Aniko84 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:22 pm

thank you, that's very helpful!

The only worry I have is the permanent residency card section. I never applied for one and now it's not available any longer. I have applied for the EU settlement scheme a year ago, which has granted my Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. Would that be accepted with my citizenship application instead of the permanent residency?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:21 pm

All you need is your Settled Status - PR document is not a requirement (and you cannot apply for that now anyway, since 1.1.2021). Both are types of ILR which is required for naturalisation.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Aniko84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Aniko84 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:46 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:21 pm
All you need is your Settled Status - PR document is not a requirement (and you cannot apply for that now anyway, since 1.1.2021). Both are types of ILR which is required for naturalisation.
thank you for clarifying!

One more (perhaps silly) question. On the 2 referee documents they ask for ID photos. I assuming that's of me and not the referees?

Aniko84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Aniko84 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:46 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:21 pm
thank you for clarifying!

One more (perhaps silly) question. On the 2 referee documents they ask for ID photos. I assuming that's of me and not the referees?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:03 pm

Correct - yours.