ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizenship application by UK citizens in December 2020

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrworld9

Irish citizenship application by UK citizens in December 2020

Post by mrworld9 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:31 pm

Hi all,

My post may be a little awkward but I'm wondering if some other people out there are in my shoes.

I sent in my Irish citizenship application (UK citizen) on Wednesday, December 23rd by registered mail hoping that it would be delivered the next day. Up till now, the tracking status still says "we tried to deliver your post at 8.23am on Dec 24" and I'm worried the application may not be delivered by 31st Dec when UK finally leaves the EU. I called An Post today and was informed that office of the Department of Justice in Tipperary is currently closed and that explains the reason the parcel has not be delivered to them.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Please I would like anyone who sent in their application this month to share their experience. I'm not even sure if their phone lines are being attended to at the Department of Justice for now. Thanks in advance.
Life is a journey.........

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Irish citizenship application by UK citizens in December 2020

Post by Vorona » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:04 pm

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:49 pm

Hi,

When I submitted mine this December 14th to CM1 address, it was sent to Tipperary DSU the next day.

I saw the following notes from one of the topics for delivery of Citizenship applications:

"All the posts/letters that are sent to this Citizenship department will be delivered to the TIPPERARY D.S.U. (Anpost Delivery Service Unit) and the department collects them from the D.S.U on a daily basis".

So I am surprised why yours didn't go to Tipperary DSU. I can only hope it gets delivered today.

I hope it helps.

mrworld9

Post by mrworld9 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:03 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:49 pm
Hi,

When I submitted mine this December 14th to CM1 address, it was sent to Tipperary DSU the next day.

I saw the following notes from one of the topics for delivery of Citizenship applications:

"All the posts/letters that are sent to this Citizenship department will be delivered to the TIPPERARY D.S.U. (Anpost Delivery Service Unit) and the department collects them from the D.S.U on a daily basis".

So I am surprised why yours didn't go to Tipperary DSU. I can only hope it gets delivered today.

I hope it helps.
Thanks @raja. Actually, this makes some sense. The application was delivered to An Post Delivery Service Unit (DSU) the next day but they had to keep it because the department wasn't open.

I got delivery notification today saying the application has now been delivered to the Dept of Justice today. Hopefully, it matters not that it was received today since I am more than 5 years before Dec 31st when UK left. Appreciate your response. Thanks once again.
Life is a journey.........