ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SEPTEMBER-08 TIER-1 APPLICANTS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vimukt
Newly Registered

Post by vimukt » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:50 am

hi datastage,

You should get your bank statements just a day or two before your date of appointment for Visa at Visa office...the date when statement was given by bank shud not be more than 7 days prior to ur appointment date...all your formalities including biometrics would be done on the same date.

All the best...

Vimukt

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi,

I am having one doubt in the Visa fee structure.
I am planning to apply for the Tier 1 general application by 10 of Oct 2008.
When I am submitting the application I am submitting for my dependant also, for my wife and son. In this case I need to separately pay for my dependant or it will be including in the main applicant fee itself.

Please clarify this

Regards
Kandasamy

1. VAF9 + Appendix 1
2. Online Points Calculator (PDF print)
3. CV
4. Cover Letters (also Cover Letter for each category separately attached)

5. Age Points ---- 20
a. Passport

6. Qualifications Points ----- 35
a. Original Degree Certificate
b. Original Academic Marks Sheet

7. Previous Earnings Points ------ 20
I am showing One sources of earnings

A. Salaried Employment
i. 12 signed salary slips
ii. 15 months bank stmt
iii. OandA conversion page

9. English Language Requirement
a. IELTS test report waiting for the result will be declared on 12
b. Degree certificate and marks sheet
c. Online points calculator

10. Maintenance Funds
I am showing from one accounts to meet 2800GBP+1600+1600 requirement for last 90 days. Separate documents provided for EACH bank account.

a. Original Bank stmt from each bank of last 90 days
b. Letter from each bank stating that I have been maintaining the account from a specified period.
C. OandA conversion page

12. Photocopies of All the original documents

Kindly let me know if I have put the documents in right sequence and if there is any document missing.

Thanks & Regards,[/quote]

mjmani

Fee is separate for each of the applicants

Post by mjmani » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:27 pm

Hi Kandasamy,
Fee is separate for each of the applicants. Dependents need to pay the same fee as you (and separately), it will not be included in your fee.
Best regards,
Mani

devilish
Newly Registered

Post by devilish » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:31 pm

I belive you need to fill an vaf10 form for your dependent

kandasamy

Re: Fee is separate for each of the applicants

Post by kandasamy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your immediate response. I am having few more doubts.
1. Whether I need to show the accommodation proof in UK with my application
2. For the maintenance fund I want to show my wife salary account. I plan to submit following documents
a. My bank statement for 3 months
b. Letter from my bank stating that I am having minimum balance of 2,800 pounds
c. My wife bank statement
d. Letter from my wife bank my stating that she is having minimum balance of 3,200 pounds

I need to get any NOC from my wife or above document is sufficient to show my maintenance fund

Could you please confirm the above of list of document is ok for maintenance fund

Regards
Kandasamy

[quote="mjmani"]Hi Kandasamy,
Fee is separate for each of the applicants. Dependents need to pay the same fee as you (and separately), it will not be included in your fee.[/quote]

devilish
Newly Registered

Post by devilish » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:12 am

kanwar25 wrote:Dear Delvish,

It is not tricky as per the guidlines it should be
immediately preceding and dated no more than 7 days prior to the date you submit your application.
if the date of submission is the 7 day than also it solve the purpose

regards,
kanwar

But my frd what would happen if the date of submission is the 8th day i.e a statement dated 23rd September would it still be valid if someone applies on 30th September.

Please reply
Thanks.

devilish
Newly Registered

Post by devilish » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:12 am

kanwar25 wrote:Dear Delvish,

It is not tricky as per the guidlines it should be
immediately preceding and dated no more than 7 days prior to the date you submit your application.
if the date of submission is the 7 day than also it solve the purpose

regards,
kanwar

But my frd what would happen if the date of submission is the 8th day i.e a statement dated 23rd September would it still be valid if someone applies on 30th September.

Please reply
Thanks.

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:33 am

no it will not be valid as the day you got your letter will also be counted and it makes 8 days

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:51 am

Hi
From my employer I can get the 12 months salary slip duly sealed n signed but as per my company policy they don't provide me the salary certificate in the letter head. They will give only the scan copy of the salary certificate. I got this salary certificate when I am in UK three months old Can I show this salary certificate. Please guide me.

Regards
Kanasamy

[quote="deepinder7090"]Dear SPPC,

It is not mandatory to submitt form 16 TAX DOCUMENT .
You can submitt 12 months salary slip duly sealed n signed
12 months bank statements showing your net salary crditet again sealed n sign

as per the guidelines you can see that the embassy has also warn against the submission the form 16 reason been the tax document does not always cover the whole period so it makes EC officer difficult to cosider

regards,
deepinder[/quote]

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:52 am

deepinder7090 wrote:Dear SPPC,

It is not mandatory to submitt form 16 TAX DOCUMENT .
You can submitt 12 months salary slip duly sealed n signed
12 months bank statements showing your net salary crditet again sealed n sign

as per the guidelines you can see that the embassy has also warn against the submission the form 16 reason been the tax document does not always cover the whole period so it makes EC officer difficult to cosider

regards,
deepinder

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Jedi001 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:01 pm

deepinder7090 wrote:DEAR Mjmani,
IN your case if you want to call your family within one year you have to shows funds for them n if not you are calling them after one year than you don;t have to

To show funds
2800+1600+1600 ==6000 pounds

these funds should be available in your saving and can be in the joint account with your wife only. your wife is not eligible to show her savings to support her, reason being you are the principal applicant

dear sandeep,

Only passport is required to show your age proof as per the PBS guidelines if any confusion go thru the guidelines first n if not able to locate it tellme will help you.

regards,
deepinder
Please find the answer below for calling family members after 6 months or 1 year:

From: PublicVisaEnqs@fco.gov.uk [PublicVisaEnqs@fco.gov.uk]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 8:55 PM
To: XXXXX X XXXXX
Subject: RE: UK Tier 1 - Dependants query

If you are not coming with them but they are to join you in 5 months time their cost will apply now, for them to have their visas. If it is more than 6 months to 1yr then it is reasonable to process just yours for now.

Sent by:
Public Enquiries [C], VCS/UKBA,

here4tier1

Post by here4tier1 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:23 pm

Applied from within U.K.

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

HO office Update

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:21 am

Hi All,

Long and painful process :)

Called HO today (delays connecting to customer services for Tier1), Applications made on 27th August 2008 are processing, long time to go for the September :(....

I asked about my case and they told me still not allocated to the case worker.

Applier for Tier 1 (General) from IGS on 06/09/08
Payment Deducted: 09/09/08
Ack Recd: 10/09/08
Waiting...

Wish everyone all the best....
AZ

coolguyIndia

Re: HO office Update

Post by coolguyIndia » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:10 am

Hi,

Not sure if this is useful for those who applied from UK, however for India applicants it take approximately 40 calendar Days, no doubt some people get it within 30 calendar days as well..

Regards

Sep08T1Applicant wrote:Hi All,

Long and painful process :)

Called HO today (delays connecting to customer services for Tier1), Applications made on 27th August 2008 are processing, long time to go for the September :(....

I asked about my case and they told me still not allocated to the case worker.

Applier for Tier 1 (General) from IGS on 06/09/08
Payment Deducted: 09/09/08
Ack Recd: 10/09/08
Waiting...

Wish everyone all the best....
Thanks & Best Regards

fahad123
Newly Registered

Re: Applying next week but a problem

Post by fahad123 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:35 pm

hi there, my details are below

student to Tier 1 (general) within UK
application date: 14th sep 2008
ref rcvd: 18th sep 2008 (issued on 16th sep 2008)
payment deducted: 17th sep 2008

HO website stated that
"We aim to decide 70% of all work permit applications within five working days of receipt by our payment handling service and 90% within 15 working days.
We are currently meeting published service standards for consideration of all work permit applications."

this is only for workpermits or for Tier 1(general) as well?

does anybody know that how much time they r taking for decision and how many applications they r rcvng in a day?
I called HO today and they said that they r considering 27th aug's applications at the moment.

morgoth wrote:I have received an invitation letter for accomodation from my friend, however his tenancy agreement is in his and his partner's name.

Will this be a problem ....or will i also need a letter from his partner

Shubhi

Post by Shubhi » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:30 pm

Hi All

Finally applied on 25th Sept.

VFS people are really helpful. Please take a DD and an appointment before going there that will save your time.

According to VFS people it will take 3 weeks for the final decision.

lets hope for the best :D

Shubhi

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:58 pm

Dear ALL,
ANY BODY WHO FILED THEIR APPLICATION IN THE MONTH OF Sep 08 has got approval.

REGARDS,

palxxx
Newly Registered

Got it stamped!!

Post by palxxx » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:13 pm

I have been seeing this forum since 2 weeks. I recon it as one of the very informative forums with very helpful people aroud. God bless you all!!

Here are my dates:
Applied: 04/09
Integra started: 09/09
Passport collected: 30/09
Visa stamped from: 26/09

I really wondered that it took only 17 working days including the day of application submission at Mumbai North VFS office.

I would be very happy and pleased to help anyone who needs some tips while preparing their docs/files.

Now, I shall need some help on my job search. With God's grace and your help, it will also be done for sure.

Cheers,
Palxxx

nitin_tier1
Newly Registered

Post by nitin_tier1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:20 pm

Congrats palxxx !!

I missed to use this forum before I applied for tier1.

Date applied in Mumabi VFS - 8 sept 2008
Status - Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission 08 Sep 2008
still waiting...

Bit worried as I have forgotten to submit supporting bank letter for 12 month online bank statements. However I have submitted supporting letter for maintenance fund.
fingers crossed....
Any comments on my missed document?
Anybody got it stamped applied on 8th Sept?

Regards,
Nitin

kanwar25

Post by kanwar25 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:53 pm

Dear Nitin,
My case is also the same i mean exact same . I have submitted the online statements and have attatched the supporting maintanence fund letter.

we both are in the same boat
finger crossed

amitkddas

Hi

Post by amitkddas » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:56 pm

Applied on 4th Sept
Visa got rejected on 23rd Sept.

Got passport back by courier on 24th. They have held back other original docs, why i dont know. But its with them, have confirmed the same from theri helpline.

Refusal reason:

“You have claimed points for the English language requirement from your Masters Degree from ICFAI University. However the points based calculator is unable to confirm this qualification. The published guidance stipulates that if the point-based calculator is unable to confirm qualification, points will not be awarded (paragraph 191, 192â€

betterlatethannever

Post by betterlatethannever » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:40 pm

Timelines
--------------
Center: VFS-Hyderabad
Application Date : 1-Sep-08
Integra: No idea
Result: Waiting...

Last week mailed to integra and got following reply:
Please contact the nearest office of British High Commission to know the
status of you application
After that replied back asking whether integra verification is done or not but didn't get any reply. ANY IDEA???

Last week mailed to BHC Chennai and got following reply:
Thank you for your e-mail. The below mentioned application is yet to be assesed. All applications fall into a queue once they reach British Deputy High Commission Chennai. An Entry Clearance Officer will assess your application as soon as it reaches the end of the queue

Today i called BHC Chennai but no one replied... i think it is taking long this days...

palxxx
Newly Registered

Post by palxxx » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:59 pm

@ nitin
You have posted the application on 08/09, so wait for a week and don't worry on the "supporting bank letter for 12 month online bank statements". I have just provided last 3 months bank statement and a bank covering letter mentioning my minimum balance during that period in INR. My bank statements didn't have bank logo, but was signed and stamped by bank.

*The balance shouldn't fall below GBP 2800 + (GBP 1600 * number of dependents) for even a single day during last 3 months and the statement end date should not be < (application submission date - 7).

One more thing which I have read in this forum that someone mentioned that VFS has advised to make sure that the last transaction date also is not < (application submission date - 7). I was bit concerned as my last transaction date was 25 days older than the application date. So, you should be fine if you have the money sitting idle with not much activity.

@ betterlatethannever
You will not get any reply from integra and you are not supposed to. But you can always check whether your HR, university, bank got any kind of communication from Integra on behalf of BHC. In my case my HR got a call after 5 days of application date and my university received a courier after almost 2 weeks requesting them to validate my certificates and mark sheets. My previous company and banks didn’t get any call after 2 weeks, so I decided to send an email to VFS with detailed address, email, fax, telephone, mobile numbers etc. of at least 2 contact persons for each document and requested them to forward these information to Integra. While collecting my documents from VFS, I was surprised seeing the copy of my email with a stamped acknowledged date along with my original docs, which made me to believe that the additional information mentioned in the email was considered.

All the best!!

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

08/09/2008 are currently processing

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:15 am

Hi All,
Hope everyone is fine and doing gr8, I know people are waiting for so long for having their results.

Homeoffice automated voice message is telling us that "we are currently processing application recieved on 29th of August 2008".

I luckily spoke to one of the representative at HO, she told me we are currently processing applications recieved on 08/09/2008 (8th of September 2008) which is a good news. The lady also told me your application is still waiting for allocation which might take couple of days more, so finger crossed.

I just wanted to share this information with you all.

My timelines are :
Applied from UK (IGS to TIER1)
Application sent 06/09/2008
Ack receieved : 10/09/2008 (dated 09/09/2008)
Waiting for allocation yet...
AZ

Shubhi

Re: Reply

Post by Shubhi » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:38 pm

Hi Palxxx

Congrats!!!!

I have submitted my application on Sept 25th. My previous employer has rcvd a call which means Integra process has been initiated.

I am facing a problem now.
a) My college is in Indore
b) My college is affiliated to a University.
c) My college is not listed in NARIC but the university is...
d)My college can confirm my educational background but the university cant...

Please suggest...can I email the contact details of both, the college and University?

please help me
Shubhi
palxxx wrote:@ nitin
You have posted the application on 08/09, so wait for a week and don't worry on the "supporting bank letter for 12 month online bank statements". I have just provided last 3 months bank statement and a bank covering letter mentioning my minimum balance during that period in INR. My bank statements didn't have bank logo, but was signed and stamped by bank.

*The balance shouldn't fall below GBP 2800 + (GBP 1600 * number of dependents) for even a single day during last 3 months and the statement end date should not be < (application submission date - 7).

One more thing which I have read in this forum that someone mentioned that VFS has advised to make sure that the last transaction date also is not < (application submission date - 7). I was bit concerned as my last transaction date was 25 days older than the application date. So, you should be fine if you have the money sitting idle with not much activity.

@ betterlatethannever
You will not get any reply from integra and you are not supposed to. But you can always check whether your HR, university, bank got any kind of communication from Integra on behalf of BHC. In my case my HR got a call after 5 days of application date and my university received a courier after almost 2 weeks requesting them to validate my certificates and mark sheets. My previous company and banks didn’t get any call after 2 weeks, so I decided to send an email to VFS with detailed address, email, fax, telephone, mobile numbers etc. of at least 2 contact persons for each document and requested them to forward these information to Integra. While collecting my documents from VFS, I was surprised seeing the copy of my email with a stamped acknowledged date along with my original docs, which made me to believe that the additional information mentioned in the email was considered.

All the best!!