ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Error (Name).

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajuksh
Newly Registered
India

BRP Error (Name).

Post by rajuksh » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:31 pm

Hi Members,

I had applied for a Student VISA (from UK) on 04/Nov/2020. Received the decision email on 17/Nov/2020 and finally the BRP card on 20/Nov/2020. Unfortunately there was an error (with respect to my name) on the BRP card as mentioned below.

My name as per passport and old BRP card:
last name : CCC
first name : AAA BBB

Name printed on the new BRP card:
last name : AAA BBB
first name : <blank>

I had reported this error online on the same day i.e 20/Nov/2020 and received an acknowledgement mail stating that it may take up to 20 working days to resolve the issue. Today is the 20th working day and there had been no update so far from the UKVI.

Is there anyone facing similar issue recently? Considering the upcoming Xmas holidays, is there any possibility that I can hope to hear from them in the next couple of weeks ? What are escalation options I can consider address my issue ?

Any thoughts would be very much helpful. Thanks in advance.

rajuksh
Newly Registered
India

Re: BRP Error (Name).

Post by rajuksh » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:26 pm

Hi All,

As on today (06/01/2021) I haven't heard anything from the UKVI on my BRP issue. Is there any appropriate way I can escalate my issue, or any other means I can try ?.

Appriciate any advice / suggestions. Thanks in advance.

rainbow 66
Newly Registered

Post by rainbow 66 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:38 pm

Hi, I have the same issue. I reported the error but haven’t got reply, it’s nearly 20 working days. Have you got the correct BRP? How long it takes? Thanks.

gabson
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by gabson » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:19 pm

Please have you heard from HO on the BRP error? I received my BRP on 29th January 2021 and noticed error on my card as my spouse details was put on my card but my image. I have reported it online but haven’t heard anything since that Jan 29th. The response email says 20 working days but it is almost 40 working days now. Is any one in same situation? How long does it takes ? Many thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:49 pm

Ask your Sponsor university to liaise with the Home Office about it on your behalf.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.