ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in BRP - normal?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

muhandis
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Delay in BRP - normal?

Post by muhandis » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:17 pm

Hi,

I arrived in the UK on a student visa on new year's day for a course starting on 1st Feb. I went to the designated post office (as given in the letter) to collect my BRP the next day but the PO said that it hadn't arrived yet. They said "it is only dispatched after you enter the country" and asked me to check in today. I checked in today and it still hasn't arrived and that everything is delayed due to covid. I did send an enquiry on the home office form for BRPs but haven't heard anything back yet.

Is that correct? From the letter, as I understood it the BRP would be sent over within 2 weeks of the visa being issued (back in November).

Is there anyone like me who arrived in 2021 and has already got their BRP? I'm staying with family at the moment but struggling to find a place to rent, open a bank account or get a part time job due to the lack of a BRP.

Thanks!

M

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Delay in BRP - normal?

Post by lolo2 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:09 pm

I came to the UK with a student visa in 2017 and it took almost one month for the BRP to arrive, my designated collection office was the same uni.

I only can assume that there's even more delays right now due Covid-19. There are other posts of students who arrived last year and have been waiting for several weeks, you need to be patient.

Meanwhile, you can transfer some funds to your family's account and then get cash or ask them to pay some expenses for you. Also you can contact the international students office at your university for advice re your BRP arrival.

Some landlords can rent you a place with a letter from the university, so contact the uni and explain your situation, they should be able to help you.

muhandis
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Re: Delay in BRP - normal?

Post by muhandis » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:13 pm

@lolo2 Thanks for your response. Well, at least now I know it's not abnormal. Have to make do I guess, one way or the other. I've still got 2.5 months left on the entry vignette, so let's see.