ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application and Social Welfare Claims (Temporary Wage Subsidy))

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lorenna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship Application and Social Welfare Claims (Temporary Wage Subsidy))

Post by Lorenna » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:26 am

Hi All,

I'm just in the process of filling out a citizenship application for my husband.
I've come across this question:

"9.5 Have you received a Social Assistance payment or other State support in the past 3 years?"

I just realized that my husband received the temporary wage subsidy payment from his employer for 13 weeks last year. There wasn't any reduction in wages, and they are off the scheme since July of last year. Most of the company was placed on it, anyone who qualified. His hours or wages were not cut.

Does anyone know if this payment counts as social assistance or state support for this question on the application? If so, will this impact his application for citizenship? He has been working for the same employer for the past 4 and a half years, since he came to Ireland, and hasn't spent any time unemployed, or claimed any other benefits.

I've heard claiming any social welfare benefits they will probably refuse your application.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Citizenship Application and Social Welfare Claims (Temporary Wage Subsidy))

Post by littlerr » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:34 pm

I'm not sure if TWSS counts as benefit payments, but you should apply for a statement from MyWelfare online services regardless.
https://services.mywelfare.ie/en/topics ... statement/

The statement will tell you whether the applicant has received any benefit statement.

INIS has already clarified that uses of benefit during the pandemic will not negatively impact the application. You will still have to declare all the benefits you received though (just clearly mark it as covid-19 pandemic).

Moh25ah
Ireland

Post by Moh25ah » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:51 am

It is not counted.

I received the TWSS for 2 months in 2020.
I did a statement through MyWelfare now the statement takes 1 minute to generate & it says that I received 0 Euro form social welfare in 2020.

Hope that is answering your question.

Lorenna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lorenna » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:28 pm

Perfect thank you both so much for your help!
I never even knew about the welfare statement before so you learn something new everyday.

WaitingConfused
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by WaitingConfused » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:13 pm

Hi,
Today I received a letter from citizenship unit asking for a letter from the Dept. of Social Welfare stating type and dates of payments that I've received from 2015 to present.
What is the most practical way to get it, is there a way to get that letter online or via email from a specific email address?
Thanks

WaitingConfused
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Hi,
Today I received a letter from citizenship unit asking me to submit a letter from the Dept. of Social Welfare stating type and dates of payments that I've received from 2015 to present.
What is the most practical way to get it, is there a way to get that letter online or via email from a specific email address?
Thanks

WaitingConfused
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Hi,
Today I received a letter from citizenship unit asking me to submit a letter from the Dept. of Social Welfare stating type and dates of payments that I've received from 2015 to present.
Thanks

WaitingConfused
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Hi,
Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:53 pm

The answer to your question is literally in this thread.

mmsa
Mood:

Post by mmsa » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:03 pm

Does Paternity/maternity benefit count also?? Just about to apply and worried it may affect.

TIA

Moh25ah
Ireland

Post by Moh25ah » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:14 pm

mmsa wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:03 pm
Does Paternity/maternity benefit count also?? Just about to apply and worried it may affect.

TIA
Just create a statement & it will answer your question.

https://services.mywelfare.ie/en/topics ... statement/

MarijanaVol
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by MarijanaVol » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:19 pm

Hi, I am also filling out the application. I just got a Statement and there is child benefit payment on it. I never thought that child benefit should be counted. Can it affect the application?