ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which Route to use - British spouse or ILR?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

standrews

Re: Which Route to use - British spouse or ILR?

Post by standrews » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:16 am

herrrr wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:03 pm
standrews wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:54 am
herrrr wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:04 am
Do you mind if I ask what to put claims details please? If I tick Other and specify for naturalisation I worry that HMRC will ignore it..
I used the form below for the employment history:

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/shortforms/form/DPU_SAR

While filling in the form, under part B, I checked (National Insurance/Tax/VAT/Customs Records (Please supply details in Part C)/Other (Please supply details in Part C)and under Part C, I stated that I need the following information:

1.) Employment history from Year x to Year y
2.) List all employer name with start and finish dates

I specifically mentioned that I need this specific information to fill in Home Office naturalisation form.

HMRC provided me a letter where information was listed in a table form showing Tax Year, Employer Name, Earnings, Tax, NI and Date of Leaving. They didn't provide me the start date, but may provide you if they have find on your record.

They listed income as per Tax year, not the breakdown of individual pay slips/hours etc.

They also listed over the letter "we only issue employment, pay and tax details in a table form for five years extended to a maximum of 10 years for Home Office requests. If more years have been asked for by the Home Office we will require sight of the request".

Hope this helps. Goodluck with your application.
Thanks a lot for taking your time to share your experience. Do you remember how long it takes for HMRC to get back to you by any chance? Many thanks.
HMRC letter was delivered in about 30 days after I submitted the online request.
All the best wishes!

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:39 pm

standrews wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:16 am
herrrr wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:03 pm
standrews wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:54 am
herrrr wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:04 am

Do you mind if I ask what to put claims details please? If I tick Other and specify for naturalisation I worry that HMRC will ignore it..
I used the form below for the employment history:

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/shortforms/form/DPU_SAR

While filling in the form, under part B, I checked (National Insurance/Tax/VAT/Customs Records (Please supply details in Part C)/Other (Please supply details in Part C)and under Part C, I stated that I need the following information:

1.) Employment history from Year x to Year y
2.) List all employer name with start and finish dates

I specifically mentioned that I need this specific information to fill in Home Office naturalisation form.

HMRC provided me a letter where information was listed in a table form showing Tax Year, Employer Name, Earnings, Tax, NI and Date of Leaving. They didn't provide me the start date, but may provide you if they have find on your record.

They listed income as per Tax year, not the breakdown of individual pay slips/hours etc.

They also listed over the letter "we only issue employment, pay and tax details in a table form for five years extended to a maximum of 10 years for Home Office requests. If more years have been asked for by the Home Office we will require sight of the request".

Hope this helps. Goodluck with your application.
Thanks a lot for taking your time to share your experience. Do you remember how long it takes for HMRC to get back to you by any chance? Many thanks.
HMRC letter was delivered in about 30 days after I submitted the online request.
All the best wishes!
Thank you, all the best to you too.

herrrr

Few More Questions on the Application Form

Post by herrrr » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:36 pm

Hi

I have few more questions when looking at the application form, if someone could give me some advice that would be very appreciated.

1. The question 'Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?' - immediately I would say yes as I did meet the requirement, but then the fine prints says 'Applicants who applied for, and obtained, settlement on or after the 28th October 2013 using an English language qualification at level B1 or above can use this as evidence of their knowledge of English language. However if this qualification was not used and accepted for their settlement application, it cannot be used for this application.'. I have a degree for the language proof which used in ILR application, so should I actually say 'No' to this question?

2. In the question of 'Previous application details', does the 'reference number' refer to previous BRP numbers?

3. Also In the question of 'Previous application details', I couldn't remember if my first application has my finger prints taken - they probably have been, but can't remember. I applied outside OK. When did UK start taking finger prints as part of the application outside the OK? Does it matter if I say 'Yes'?

Many thanks as always.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:55 pm

1) “Yes” and select UK degree.

2) You can use any Home Office Case ID/UAN/BRP number.

3) Not an important question. I did not remember too but selected yes. I came in 2010 as a student. Had no issues. I think it is an “if known” question anyways. Even if not, does not matter.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:29 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:55 pm
1) “Yes” and select UK degree.

2) You can use any Home Office Case ID/UAN/BRP number.

3) Not an important question. I did not remember too but selected yes. I came in 2010 as a student. Had no issues. I think it is an “if known” question anyways. Even if not, does not matter.
Thank you for your answer at this late time of the day!
For the first question, there is no option to select, it’s just a yes and no question. I was very confused as I thought it was asking if I had used English language qualifications in my ILR application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:57 am

The next question should ask how are you meeting the English Requirements where you will input degree.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:59 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:57 am
The next question should ask how are you meeting the English Requirements where you will input degree.
Ah OK. Thanks, I was just confused by the fine print of that question. The next question did ask to ask if I had a degree as proof of English and if choose no, asking if you have an English qualification etc.

herrrr

Uploading document early?

Post by herrrr » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:48 pm

Hi, here again - I have managed to make an appointment in a month’s time. I heard that if you upload the documents beforehand HO might get to look through them before the appointment, is that true? Many thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:22 am

Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment again).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload” separately.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:00 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:22 am
Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment again).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload” separately.
Hi thanks for the clarification! Does that mean, even if I chose to self-submit, I will still have the last chance to add more documents during my appointment, but if I uploaded a wrong document during the self-submission, I won’t be able to change it? It feels like the self-submission can be very useful, but then I guess HO won’t make a decision before the appointment date, as there is still a chance I could change the documents uploaded?
Do you know where I can read through about the self-submission please, is it somewhere on the Sopra website? Thank you.

herrrr

Self submit

Post by herrrr » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:58 pm

Just received an automated email from HO says my application has been received and is being considered (?!) even I haven’t started uploading the documents.. it might be a daft question but I can’t find the ‘submit’ button anywhere.. I have the ‘Upload’ buttons in different categories but can’t see a submit button...

Also one of my referees nearly spelt my name wrong on the declaration form and she gently amended the wrong letter - I guess this shouldn’t be an issue?

Any experience/suggestions welcome :) thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:48 pm

Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past except T4. You get 45 working days after submission.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload”

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.
Automated Case ID email is a generic case ID email. It has no relevance to processing or your decision pace. Many do not even receive it as its not just pushed by the system. It only tells you that HO has received your application and lets you know your Case ID.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:22 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:48 pm
Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past except T4. You get 45 working days after submission.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload”

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.
Automated Case ID email is a generic case ID email. It has no relevance to processing or your decision pace. Many do not even receive it as its not just pushed by the system. It only tells you that HO has received your application and lets you know your Case ID.
This is very comprehensive, thank you so much :)

herrrr

Lockdown rule

Post by herrrr » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:44 pm

By the way, I hope dropping off the declaration form for referee to sign isn’t against the lockdown rule?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Lockdown rule

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:05 pm

herrrr wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:44 pm
By the way, I hope dropping off the declaration form for referee to sign isn’t against the lockdown rule?
Lol. Use post.

herrrr

Re: Lockdown rule

Post by herrrr » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:53 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:05 pm
herrrr wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:44 pm
Lol. Use post.

Can’t believe lockdown rule is just another thing to think about! :shock: :shock:

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:18 pm

Hi, just getting the documents prepared for uploading - I know the below might have been asked before but I haven't quite managed to dig out a definite answer:
1. My check list doesn't include life-in-the-UK certificate. I know I have provided the ref number in the form but is it just safer to upload it anyway.
2. In the case that one document is referred on the check list for twice, e.g. BRP, for free of immigration restrictions and for BRP, do I upload it twice, into two different categories?
3. Does it speed the processing time if we upload the document in the 'correct' category. I know they will see them all but just wondered if I should bother myself with which category to upload to.

Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:25 pm

1) Yes.
2) No. Only once is fine.
3) Does not matter.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:25 pm
1) Yes.
2) No. Only once is fine.
3) Does not matter.

Hi CULLINAN thanks for your quick and reassuring response as always. Now I wonder if I filled anything wrong in the application form so that it didn’t generate Life-in-the-UK certificate as a required document!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:00 am

The checklist does not generate LIUK in the documents list. Now, there is no certificate for LIUK - only a ref number. People who have older than (i forgot the date maybe its 2019 or something) have the certificates also.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:00 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:00 am
The checklist does not generate LIUK in the documents list. Now, there is no certificate for LIUK - only a ref number. People who have older than (i forgot the date maybe its 2019 or something) have the certificates also.
Thank you!

I did the self-submission earlier, only to find out that if one has purchased document checking service it wouldn’t be actually submitted until they were checked by the UKVCAS staff.. I had to book an appointment in an enhanced service point as it’s the closest, now feeling really stupid! Does this mean they will only check at the appointment and I won’t benefit from the self-submission?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:01 am

True.

herrrr

Self-submission with document checking

Post by herrrr » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:53 am

Hi, so I found the below paragraph on UKVCAS website:

Document Checking
... ...
Please note: We have introduced the option to submit your uploaded documents to UKVI before your appointment takes place. If you choose to submit your documents and you have purchased document checking, we will perform the document checking process before the submission.

To use this service you must upload your documents through our website at least 2 working days before your appointment date.

—————————————————————————————-

I’m a bit confused - does this mean the staff will check the document before the appointment takes place, and submit for me? Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:29 am

Your documents will be submitted at the appointment now. The people who have purchased documents checking service (DCS) or have the same on their package should upload documents up to 48hrs before appointment (to benefit from the DCS service).

Log in to your UKVCAS account and see the uploads. Check the file name? Does it say “submitted” in front of the individual file names?

As of my knowledge, your documents will be submitted on the appointment date after biometrics now.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:49 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:29 am
Your documents will be submitted at the appointment now. The people who have purchased documents checking service (DCS) or have the same on their package should upload documents up to 48hrs before appointment (to benefit from the DCS service).

Log in to your UKVCAS account and see the uploads. Check the file name? Does it say “submitted” in front of the individual file names?

As of my knowledge, your documents will be submitted on the appointment date after biometrics now.
Thanks, my documents do show ‘submitted’ status in the upload section. Before I submit I did have a notification saying about the self submission will not be done until document checking is done.
Feel like I spent extra and slowed down my process..
But what does the notification in my previous post suggest? It is talking about the self submission and document checking but it’s not clear when the submission will be actually happening.