ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Cover letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Refugee with ILR applying for naturalization

Post by artsy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:04 pm

Hi
I came to the UK on student visa and then applied for asylum, now it's about 12 months after my ILR and I'm applying for naturalisation.
I have 2 Qs regarding the previous immigration applications, Do the applications for Travel document and work permission count?
Aslo. in my previous application for Travel document I forgot to include an application I made 10 years ago and I had no issue, should I include it in the naturalisation app?
I appreciate your help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Refugee with ILR applying for naturalization

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:11 pm

artsy wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:04 pm
Hi
I came to the UK on student visa and then applied for asylum, now it's about 12 months after my ILR and I'm applying for naturalisation.
I have 2 Qs regarding the previous immigration applications, Do the applications for Travel document and work permission count?
Count where? To list in previous UK immigration applications?
Aslo. in my previous application for Travel document I forgot to include an application I made 10 years ago and I had no issue, should I include it in the naturalisation app?
What application you made 10 years ago that you forgot?
I appreciate your help.
Please keep ALL your questions in this thread now. Thanks.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by artsy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:38 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:11 pm
artsy wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:04 pm
Hi
Count where? To list in previous UK immigration applications?
To clarify, should I list travel document applications as previous immigration applications?
What application you made 10 years ago that you forgot?
A Tier 4 application that was refused
I appreciate your help.
Please keep ALL your questions in this thread now. Thanks.
Thanks A lot,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:57 pm

1) No need to list these.

2) Does not matter. Just list all previous UK immigration application for AN.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by artsy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:42 pm

Thanks very much, I appreciate your help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:44 pm

artsy wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:42 pm
I would like to help you further if you have any other questions. I hope you have gone through the AN guidance and aware of all the requirements.

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by artsy » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:24 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:44 pm
artsy wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:42 pm
I would like to help you further if you have any other questions. I hope you have gone through the AN guidance and aware of all the requirements.
Thanks again, I have read the guidance, and have nearly finished the app, the only confusing area for me is the supporting documents for the past 5 years, I can provide bank statement and HMRC PAYE statements, is there anything else I need to provide as proof of address?
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:46 pm

Do you have Home Office Travel Document or not? What are the issue and expiry dates of HOTD’s in the last 5 years?

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by artsy » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:59 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:46 pm
Do you have Home Office Travel Document or not? What are the issue and expiry dates of HOTD’s in the last 5 years?
Yes I do, first one was from March 2015 to march 2019 and the new one is from May 2020 valid till 2030.
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:23 pm

Your HOTD’s stamps covering last 5 years are enough. You do not need anything else to prove your continuous residency.
Also add/giver reference to the following guidance in the cover letter.
You must not normally accept doctors' letters on their own as proof of residence. However, if nothing else is available and the doctors can confirm that they have seen the applicant on a regular basis during the period concerned these may be accepted.

If there are gaps in a person’s evidence of residence and it is clear from the information available that they could not have travelled, you must accept this. Examples of this might include a refugee who has no means of travel or where immigration records confirm continuous residence.
HO should check their own records.
The following can be used as evidence of residence:
• passports or travel documents which have been stamped to show arrival in the UK and entry and departure from other countries:
o these should be checked against the list of absences provided on the
application form
Home Office records
Page 15
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... n_v6.0.pdf

This will cover your March-May 2019 gap and you will have no issues and avoid delays.

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by artsy » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:00 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:23 pm
Your HOTD’s stamps covering last 5 years are enough. You do not need anything else to prove your continuous residency.
Also add/giver reference to the following guidance in the cover letter.
You must not normally accept doctors' letters on their own as proof of residence. However, if nothing else is available and the doctors can confirm that they have seen the applicant on a regular basis during the period concerned these may be accepted.

If there are gaps in a person’s evidence of residence and it is clear from the information available that they could not have travelled, you must accept this. Examples of this might include a refugee who has no means of travel or where immigration records confirm continuous residence.
HO should check their own records.
The following can be used as evidence of residence:
• passports or travel documents which have been stamped to show arrival in the UK and entry and departure from other countries:
o these should be checked against the list of absences provided on the
application form
Home Office records
Page 15
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... n_v6.0.pdf

This will cover your March-May 2019 gap and you will have no issues and avoid delays.
I really appreciate your help, If I may 2 more questions :1. If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application? What would the special circumstances be?
2. proof of freedom from
immigration time restrictions. What does this mean?
Much appreciated

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:04 pm

1) Answer: No

2) ILR BRP copy

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by artsy » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:04 pm
1) Answer: No

2) ILR BRP copy
Much appreciated.

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by artsy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:30 pm

Hi
Thanks for your help so far, do you know what is the tax office number? is it the tax code or payroll number?
Much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:32 pm

artsy wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:30 pm
Hi
Thanks for your help so far, do you know what is the tax office number? is it the tax code or payroll number?
Much appreciated
It is the employer HMRC page reference number. It is on your P60 or ask HR for the number.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by artsy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:41 pm

Thanks for getting back to me, would it be Employer PAYE reference?
I also had another question, Do I need to Request my employment history from HMRC? I have obtained my employment history from my HMRC account but I wondering if the particular employment history is necessary?

I do appreciate your help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:42 pm

1) Employer PAYE ref yes.

2) No.

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by artsy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:52 pm

Thanks very much.

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by artsy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:51 pm

I have another question please,
In the section of previous applications , it's asking for your reference, in the letters that I have form the HO I just see Our ref and Case ID, which one should I put down?
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:11 am

Case ID.

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by artsy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:36 am

Thanks

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Naturalisation Cover letter

Post by artsy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:49 am

Hi
I'm about to upload my supporting documents on sopra steria and just remembered that some mentioned a cover letter, it's not listed on my checklist? is that something I write myself ? I appreciate any advice

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation Cover letter

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:34 pm

There is no requirement for a cover letter - that's why it's not on the list.
However, if you wish to explain anything further you can do so on a separate note and load with your documents.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

artsy
Newly Registered
Iran

Re: Naturalisation Cover letter

Post by artsy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:07 pm

Thanks