ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 to ILR qualifying Period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mahi21
Newly Registered
Mood:

Tier 1 to ILR qualifying Period

Post by Mahi21 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:01 pm

Dear ALL

Hope everyone is doing well, may be this has been asked before but i am kind of new writing post and getting some clarity.
Can someone please help me with following and i hope i would be able to sort out my ILR on my way in these tough times.

1. I was granted initial TIER 1 Entrepreneur visa outside uk in Feb 2017, until June 2020. My dependent was granted initial visa in aug 2017 until June 2020, having same expiry date and year. Extension applied and was granted in Sept 2020.

When do i qualify for ILR and when can my dependent apply.

2. I have satisfied english language with ielts for initial grant and same for extension, will i need to prove again for ILR as my previous ielts is expired, my understanding is if you have already proved you do not need to give ielts again.

I would be grateful if some one can answe my questions.

Thanks
Mahi

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 to ILR qualifying Period

Post by marcnath » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:03 pm

1. You can apply anytime after Jan 2022 if you meet all other requirements. Your dependant can apply after jul 2022.

2. You don't have to
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Mahi21
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mahi21 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:27 pm

Dear Marcnath

Thank you very much for prompt response and clarification ...

Will I have to show my business activity / employees / other requirements again at the time I apply for my dependent visa in July, even if I am granted ILR.

Mahi21
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mahi21 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:28 pm

Dear Marcnath / Gurus
Please advice will i have to prove business / employees other PBS again at later stage when my dependent apply for ILR?
What will be dependents requirements if i apply in Feb 2022 and my dependent in July 2022?

Thank you in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:50 pm

Mahi21 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:28 pm
Dear Marcnath / Gurus
Please advice will i have to prove business / employees other PBS again at later stage when my dependent apply for ILR?
What will be dependents requirements if i apply in Feb 2022 and my dependent in July 2022?

Thank you in advance
As long you get your own ILR, your dependent’s application is pretty straightforward. Your dependent does not have requirements like yourself.
Simply: passport, BRP, LIUK, English Requirements, 2 years cohabitation documents, absence limits on any leave granted after 11th Jan 2018.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Mahi21
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mahi21 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:16 pm

Dear Cullinan

Many thanks, i have followed many of your posts in respect to Tier 1 and ILR
you have been inspiration to many.

I hope if i need further help, this forum me support in giving advice
Also pls provide a link so i start reviewing documents / application process etc for my ILR

Kind Regards

Mahi21
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mahi21 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:18 pm

Dear Cullinan

Many thanks, i have followed many of your posts in respect to Tier 1 and ILR
you have been inspiration to many.

I hope if i need further help, this forum me support in giving advice
Also pls provide a link so i start reviewing documents / application process etc for my ILR

Kind Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:20 pm

Thank you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-seto

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0_v1.0.pdf

You will get a document checklist after you fill the online form. Note, the checklist somehow does not show cohabitation documents but you need them as stated previously.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Mahi21
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mahi21 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:33 pm

Dear Callinan

Many thanks. I will keep you posted as i still have time to apply
but i will need guidance if i am not sure about something from publication.

Does the checklist only appear at the end of submission of the form after making payment? or can i start filling a dummy application.

I want to achieve this application process on my own, like you went through all the documents and i am sure with you and other Mod help, i will gain the knowledge

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:38 pm

Mahi21 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:33 pm
Dear Callinan

Does the checklist only appear at the end of submission of the form after making payment? or can i start filling a dummy application. You can make a dummy application to see what the questions are like.

I want to achieve this application process on my own, like you went through all the documents and i am sure with you and other Mod help, i will gain the knowledge It is achievable, don't shy away from asking questions or seeking clarification.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:03 pm

Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past except T4.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload”

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.

Tip: Keep a check on your email/junk folder.

Mahi21
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mahi21 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:12 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:38 pm
Mahi21 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:33 pm
Dear Callinan

Does the checklist only appear at the end of submission of the form after making payment? or can i start filling a dummy application. You can make a dummy application to see what the questions are like.

I want to achieve this application process on my own, like you went through all the documents and i am sure with you and other Mod help, i will gain the knowledge It is achievable, don't shy away from asking questions or seeking clarification.
Thank you so much for the motivation ...

Mahi21
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mahi21 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:12 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:03 pm
Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past except T4.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload”

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.

Tip: Keep a check on your email/junk folder.
Much appreciated...
Thank you

Mahi21
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mahi21 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:07 pm

Dear Friends / Experts / Moderators

I need some clarification on Pension has well, is it not mandatory to give pension?
A friend of mine has a takeaway business, they have kept employees at min full time wages and does not pay pension, he also received extension last 1 year back and told me his accountant has placed a code or informed that employees have agreed not to take pension.

Does it concern HO in any way, or it is matter of HMRC ?

Kind Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:17 pm

As long the HMRC compliance is followed and employees opted out - this will have no impact. Pension payments has nothing to do with immigration rules.

Mahi21
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mahi21 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:33 pm

Oh thank you so much for clarification

Mahi21
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mahi21 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:24 am

Dear Gurus and Everyone

Please just a quick question, 2 of my employees are furloughed, their payroll is issued at 80% and they are given 80% salary. Someone has told me i need to run payroll at entire 100% if my employee are furloughed and pay them 80% salary to qualify for 12 months qualification period for employment.

Is that the case with new HO policy with covid and furlough, as i understand they say min 80% are to be paid and 2 different jobs can make up the 12 month period

Looking forward to hear from the experts as always

Kind Regards
Mahi

Mahi21
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mahi21 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:34 am

Please i need clarity on this urgently as my accountant needs to process the payroll for the month of March.

Is giving out 80% furloughed salary will be counted or it has to be 100% with (80/20)

There are many misunderstanding / unclear assumptions , if i can get a simple and clear advice on this please

Kind Regards

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:43 am

Time when your employees were furloughed will count towards the 12 month period, if they have been paid 80% of their normal salary throughout their period of furlough.
As long as they are paid 80%, you can claim points as if you paid them 100% under the rules.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -_v.25.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:43 am

Mahi21 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:34 am
Please i need clarity on this urgently as my accountant needs to process the payroll for the month of March.

Is giving out 80% furloughed salary will be counted or it has to be 100% with (80/20)

There are many misunderstanding / unclear assumptions , if i can get a simple and clear advice on this please

Kind Regards
80% is sufficient.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Mahi21
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mahi21 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:56 pm

Many thanks

Much appreciated for prompt response and giving a proper understanding

Mahi21
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mahi21 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:57 pm

Thank you for providing me with information, just for my understanding will it apply to ILR as well or only for extension. Because i am due for ILR in Feb

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:36 pm

Mahi21 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:57 pm
Thank you for providing me with information, just for my understanding will it apply to ILR as well or only for extension. Because i am due for ILR in Feb
Both.

Mahi21
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mahi21 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:59 pm

Many thanks

You guys are superb as always ...