ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zeetee
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by zeetee » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:29 pm

asifmahmood36 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:29 pm
zeetee wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:19 pm
Date of Approval :!9th of October 2020.

Still havent received any new for Citizenship ceremony.
Anyone else around the same timeline?
Also I am with Redbridge council and applied through a lawyer.
My approval date was the 27th Of October 20 but still waiting for an invitation letter. I applied by myself.
it should be soon within January 21.
Hopefully we both will be receiving by the end of this week IA. Fingers Crossed. :)

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:29 pm

approved 15th October still awaiting. Incompetent home office
South Cambridge district council anyone?

zeetee
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zeetee » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:31 pm

Atighee wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:01 pm
Hi
Anyone from Redbridge council london, please send here your council ceremony timeline please
I was approved on 29th oct. Still waiting for ceremony
HI Atighee.

I am with Redbridge Council too. My approval was on 19th of October and I reckon I will receive the certificate this week. Do you think Redbridge is still doing virtual ceremonies?

Thanks

Bong_UK
Newly Registered
India

Post by Bong_UK » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:45 pm

PhantomPermit wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:29 pm
My approval came on the 26th of October. Still waiting for invitation letter. I am in South Cambs.

Choudhryalim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Choudhryalim » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:48 pm

Hello,
I was Approved for Citizenship on 30 October 2020.
In the first week of December 2020 I lodged a formal complaint with the Hoke office about the unreasonably long time they are taking to print and despatch my citizenship certificate.
The response to the complaint was received by me on 31 December 2020 and via this response the home office informed me that “.......steps have already been taken to testify the matters which you raised in your complaint....”
This was unclear to me so on Last Thursday (7 January 2021) I asked my local MP to ask the home office to clarify their response to my complaint.
I also wrote an E mail to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk to ask them what steps exactly have been taken to rectify my complaint about the unreasonably long time being taken to print my certificate of citizenship.
A few minutes ago I received an e mail from MMST FMT which read as follows:
“ Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email

I can confirm that your invitation has been dispatched on 9th January by 2nd class post, please allow 10-14 days for delivery

Kind regards

UKVI....”

I am with Milton Keynes council and will post one last time on this thread, to confirm the receipt of my ceremony letter, before moving on to the passport thread.

My advice to all the October Approvals who are still waiting COMPLAIN!!!
Make sure you let them know that you are unhappy with the length of time it is taking to receive your invitation. Complaining is your right, it won’t harm you but might benefit you.

Cheers everyone

tomridd9
Newly Registered

Post by tomridd9 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:52 pm

Choudhryalim wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:48 pm
Hello,
In the first week of December 2020 I lodged a formal complaint with the Hoke office about the unreasonably long time they are taking to print and despatch my citizenship certificate.
The response to the complaint was received by me on 31 December 2020 and via this response the home office informed me that “.......steps have already been taken to testify the matters which you raised in your complaint....”
This was unclear to me so on Last Thursday (7 January 2021) I asked my local MP to ask the home office to clarify their response to my complaint.
I also wrote an E mail to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk to ask them what steps exactly have been taken to rectify my complaint about the unreasonably long time being taken to print my certificate of citizenship.
“ Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email

I can confirm that your invitation has been dispatched on 9th January by 2nd class post, please allow 10-14 days for delivery

Kind regards

UKVI....”

I am with Milton Keynes council and will post one last time on this thread, to confirm the receipt of my ceremony letter, before moving on to the passport thread.

Make sure you let them know that you are unhappy with the length of time it is taking to receive your invitation. Complaining is your right, it won’t harm you but might benefit you.

Cheers everyone
9 January 2021 was a Saturday. This means they are working on Saturdays as well these days.

Abi00
Newly Registered

Post by Abi00 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:03 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:39 pm
Abi00 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:33 pm
Hi guys
My approval 14 Oct , I have emailed on Tuesday NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk
They back to me on Friday with this reply
Thank you for your e-mail

Our records indicate that the documents are in progress and will be with you in due course

Thank you
FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

UKVI - Citizenship, Work, Study, Premium
Red Zone, 4th Floor, Capital Building, Liverpool L3 9PP

www.homeoffice.gov.uk
I already 12 weeks and that was mentioned in my approval letter ( by email ) but nothing

I am in the same boat as you. Approval on the 13th october. And then heard nothing. After emailing home office multiple times i got an emailing saying documeny printing in progress. Please keep me posted and i will keep you posted if i get mine.
Hi jasmine
This morning our local council has called me ( Kirklees ) and they had received my paperwork , they just ring me back for an appointment
Good luck guys

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:06 pm

Choudhryalim wrote:
Hello,
“ Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email

Kind regards

UKVI....”

Cheers everyone
how did you lodge the complain? as in what was the medium, email post?

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:07 pm

Choudhryalim wrote:
Hello,
“ Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email

Kind regards

UKVI....”

Cheers everyone
how did you lodge the complain? as in what was the medium, email post?

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:14 pm

Bong_UK wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:45 pm
PhantomPermit wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:29 pm
My approval came on the 26th of October. Still waiting for invitation letter. I am in South Cambs.
South Cambs is the Worst :D

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:18 pm

Choudhryalim wrote:
Hello,
“ Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email

Kind regards

UKVI....”

Cheers everyone
£1300 fees and 2nd class post disgusting

1Akmal
Pakistan

Post by 1Akmal » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:20 pm

Approval date 7th October. Received email today for ceremony with MiltonKeynes council.

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:22 pm

1Akmal wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:20 pm
Approval date 7th October. Received email today for ceremony with MiltonKeynes council.
did you receive your grant via email as well?

1Akmal
Pakistan

Post by 1Akmal » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:23 pm

PhantomPermit wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:22 pm
1Akmal wrote:
Yes. Received email with attached cermony invitation letter

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:31 pm

1Akmal wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:23 pm
PhantomPermit wrote:
1Akmal wrote:
I mean when you received that your application was approved before the ceremony invitation, was that via email?

London249
Pakistan

Post by London249 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:01 pm

Barking & Dagnham council still doing the group cermony one my friend went today for the cermony free of charge , good news is some one them today got there October invitation it’s mean November will be next so let’s hope everyone gets soon . Mine approved on 9th October still waiting invitations.

Yazzz95
Mood:

Post by Yazzz95 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:14 pm

Hi,
I've seen on thread today that some October approvals have recieved invitation email today.
Just wondering if everyone from October approval have received invitation today or just some of you. (Just to see whether October backlog is cleared now or not yet as 12 weeks waiting period is over for them)
Cheers.

1Akmal
Pakistan

Post by 1Akmal » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:15 pm

PhantomPermit wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:31 pm
1Akmal wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:23 pm
PhantomPermit wrote:
1Akmal wrote:
I mean when you received that your application was approved before the ceremony invitation, was that via email?
Yes that was via email aswell. Infact I haven't received any letter by post.

aswadi
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by aswadi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:25 pm

Yazzz95 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:14 pm
Hi,
I've seen on thread today that some October approvals have recieved invitation email today.
Just wondering if everyone from October approval have received invitation today or just some of you. (Just to see whether October backlog is cleared now or not yet as 12 weeks waiting period is over for them)
Cheers.
9th October approval here and have still not received anything.

Yazzz95
Mood:

Post by Yazzz95 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:27 pm

aswadi wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:25 pm
Yazzz95 wrote:
Hi,
Cheers.
Wow thats a long time for you. Did you try to contact them regarding invitation?

Nat23
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Nat23 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:29 pm

Hi everyone

I'm currently out of the country and I received my invite for the ceremony on 12th of Dec 2020 via email, mentioning that I have to attend my ceremony within 3 months. I sent an email to the Home Office (citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk) asking to extend the deadline to attend the ceremony as I don't feel safe travelling to and from the UK at this time, but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Any suggestions what shall I do now? Is there any other email that I can use to contact them? or any other way?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:38 pm

Nat23 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:29 pm
Hi everyone

I'm currently out of the country and I received my invite for the ceremony on 12th of Dec 2020 via email, mentioning that I have to attend my ceremony within 3 months. I sent an email to the Home Office (citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk) asking to extend the deadline to attend the ceremony as I don't feel safe travelling to and from the UK at this time, but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Any suggestions what shall I do now? Is there any other email that I can use to contact them? or any other way?
You can attend within 6 months. The deadline is already extended due to corona.

https://www.gov.uk/citizenship-ceremonies
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aswadi
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by aswadi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:48 pm

Yazzz95 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:27 pm
aswadi wrote:
Yazzz95 wrote:
Hi,
Cheers.
Wow thats a long time for you. Did you try to contact them regarding invitation?
Yes I was told on the 18th of December by NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk that: "Upon investigation I can confirm that your citizenship ceremony documents have not yet been printed or despatched to the local authority. Your citizenship paperwork will be generated in coming weeks when current restrictions due to Coronavirus are eased."

I assumed that nothing would happen between 18th December and today but it seems some people finally got their ceremony invitation.

aswadi
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by aswadi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:49 pm

Yazzz95 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:27 pm
aswadi wrote:
Yazzz95 wrote:
Hi,
Cheers.
Yes I was told on the 18th of December by NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk that: "Upon investigation I can confirm that your citizenship ceremony documents have not yet been printed or despatched to the local authority. Your citizenship paperwork will be generated in coming weeks when current restrictions due to Coronavirus are eased."

I assumed that nothing would happen between 18th December and today but it seems some people finally got their ceremony invitation.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:15 pm

13th october approval. No invitation letter yet :(