ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PBS dependent (tier 2, set o) supporting documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILRquestions
Newly Registered
Israel

ILR PBS dependent (tier 2, set o) supporting documents

Post by ILRquestions » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:33 pm

Dear forum members,
I recently received my ILR, and my wife is now preparing her own application. She has been here for over 5 years etc and meets the criteria for application.
My question is this: when reviewing the checklist generated by the application of required and of additional documents, the list includes things like passport, BRP, English language certificate and a signed declaration from both of us that UKVI can make further checks into joint accounts etc, but there is no request for additional documents I was expecting, like evidence of having lived in the UK, or even cohabitation. This is odd especially since we are being asked to sign the further checks document, but not asked to submit any documents which would require such checks. Any idea why this is? Would it be safe to submit an application with only the required and additional documents? Also, cheeky of me to ask, but is there a list of documents which are actually required?
Many thanks,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR PBS dependent (tier 2, set o) supporting documents

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:42 pm

She needs cohabitation documents for last 2 years. Checklist is not accurate.

PBS dep needs very minimum documents. Passport, BRP, LIUK, English Requirements, 2 years cohab docs. Absence limits only for any leave granted after 11th Jan 2018.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ILRquestions
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by ILRquestions » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:45 pm

Many thanks,
So for cohabitation things like a tenancy agreements, utility bills, council tax, marriage certificate?
How should absence limits be evidenced? Can the above bills etc. serve as proof?
Last edited by ILRquestions on Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:46 pm

She needs 3/4 different sources covering last 2 years i.e. every 3/4 months. Ideally in joint names, otherwise top up with sole name but same address. Any source can be used.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ILRquestions
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by ILRquestions » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:48 pm

Thanks again, but does this mean 3/4 sources per 3/4 month period?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:49 pm

ILRquestions wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:48 pm
Thanks again, but does this mean 3/4 sources per 3/4 month period?
No hard and fast rule. Generic rule. The more the better. 2/3 sources every 3/4 months are fine also.

ILRquestions
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by ILRquestions » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:53 pm

Thank you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:58 pm

ILRquestions wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:45 pm
Many thanks,
So for cohabitation things like a tenancy agreements, utility bills, council tax, marriage certificate?
How should absence limits be evidenced? Can the above bills etc. serve as proof?
She will list absences only for any leave that was granted after 11th Jan 2018. The relevant absences will be listed in the online form itself. She should provide passport (s) bio page and stamps covering the relevant period only.

ILRquestions
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by ILRquestions » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:17 pm

Hi,
Another question,
Should we list absences after jan 11 2018, but before my wife's latest leave was granted in November 2018?

Thank you,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:18 pm

ILRquestions wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:17 pm
Hi,
Another question,
Should we list absences after jan 11 2018, but before my wife's latest leave was granted in November 2018?

Thank you,
After Nov 2018 only in this case.

ILRquestions
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by ILRquestions » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:22 pm

Thank you!

ILRquestions
Newly Registered
Israel

Post by ILRquestions » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:58 pm
ILRquestions wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:45 pm
Many thanks,
She will list absences only for any leave that was granted after 11th Jan 2018. The relevant absences will be listed in the online form itself. She should provide passport (s) bio page and stamps covering the relevant period only.
Hi again,
If the stamps in the passport only show the end of the trip (coming into the uk), but not the beginning of the trip (the country we entered doesn't stamp one's passport) should we provide further evidence for these flights or am I overthinking?