ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sherry85
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Sherry85 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:20 pm

Hi everyone, l am going to travel to UK soon to tranfer my brc to brc euss. Are the point services to get the euss card still on/Are they taking new applications? Anyone applying to get euss card anytime soon or already applied could give me an answer l would appreciate it.

Thank you

Sherry85
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Sherry85 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:11 am

Can l fill the application form for tranfer brc to euss carrd before l come to uk to book my appointment? It says you can only fill this form if you are in the uk.

darkpunk
Newly Registered

Post by darkpunk » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:48 am

Fatimadurrani wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:38 pm
Dear all,

I need to know whether I can travel outside the UK after submitting biometric appointment for the replacement of EUSS card and if they do take your old permanent residence card from you on that day? I already have settle status online.

Thank you all in advance!
Hi,

I am in the same boat as you. I have a flight book at the end of this month but have still not received my new EUSS BRC and still have my old EEA BRC which is valid until 2023.

If you look at the above post from Anita2000 and read this link https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visiting-th ... t%20Scheme

It basically says that If you’re a non-EEA family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
You need a valid national passport, and one of the following:

an EU Settlement Scheme family permit.
a UK-issued EEA family permit.
a UK-issued biometric residence card.

I think we are good to go :? but I am still trying to gather more evidence on this.

daral20
Newly Registered
Gambia

Post by daral20 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:37 pm

Hi everyone,

Did anyone attended his biometric appointment in November-December and already had a response from the HO? I would like to know what is the current waiting time, when I asked I have been told that it could take anything up to 8 weeks.

Many thanks!

daral20
Newly Registered
Gambia

Post by daral20 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:40 pm

darkpunk wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:01 pm
Desi Boy wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:18 am
Hi everyone how long will take to get settled status brp card I done biometric 3rd December 2020.
Next month I booked my holiday to back home please guide me
Hello any updates on ur BRC desi boy as I have done mine on the 12th and planning to travel out of the county end of Jan 2021...
Hi did you hear from the Home Office since?

Thank you!

Desi Boy

Post by Desi Boy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:39 pm

I had my biometric on 3rd December 2020 still don't hear nothing just wait

Anita2000
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Post by Anita2000 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:40 pm

iwolga wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:35 am
Hi All, I’m thinking of applying now for replacement of the card. Can you please advise if your passports/existing BRC cards were sent away to HO during the whole process? Or they are only checked at fingerprints appointment?
I have submit my biometric info today. I have uploaded all documents myself and they only have scanned my passport and taken photo and fingerprints.
I have my passport and BRC with me. HO will ask to send old BRC after I receive a new one.

BTW .. did you see we need Schengen visa now to travel to EU at least to Portugal, didn't check others?

Holders of UK Residence Permits/Cards for EU Family Members are no longer exempt from Visa when travelling into the Schengen Area. This means that EU Family Members must always apply for a Schengen Visa (free of charge, as EU Family Members)
https://www.vfsglobal.com/portugal/uk/E ... xwKZCtJXm8

BlackDahlia
Germany

Post by BlackDahlia » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:53 pm

Hi all,

I am new to this board. I am interested to clarify this given your debates thus far on the topic. I checked with a lawyer and on the citizensadvice website (here: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immig ... ed-status/) and as per this information, it seems that there is no requirement to swap the BRC to the EUSS card, it is only if we feel more secure this way - that's why it is not also automatically issued if we already hold a valid card and it is not specified in our pre-settled status letter. In my case, I will be eligible for settled status in August so literally 1.5 months after the 30 June date and I will not be traveling at all anywhere until I apply and settle my settled status. Applying for the settled status in August will anyway give me an EUSS with my new status.

Last time I replaced my BRC due to a mistake on the card resulted in me waiting for close to 6 months for a new card. To be honest, I see no point in going through the process when I will be applying for a new status (and card) anyway in August, especially if I have to spend months waiting for the first card only to apply for the second status (and card) a couple of weeks thereafter.

Do you have any confirmed information on whether it is stated anywhere that it is an absolute requirement to swap the BRC with the EUSS?
Thank you!

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:59 pm

Anita2000 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:40 pm
iwolga wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:35 am
Hi All, I’m thinking of applying now for replacement of the card. Can you please advise if your passports/existing BRC cards were sent away to HO during the whole process? Or they are only checked at fingerprints appointment?
I have submit my biometric info today. I have uploaded all documents myself and they only have scanned my passport and taken photo and fingerprints.
I have my passport and BRC with me. HO will ask to send old BRC after I receive a new one.

BTW .. did you see we need Schengen visa now to travel to EU at least to Portugal, didn't check others?

Holders of UK Residence Permits/Cards for EU Family Members are no longer exempt from Visa when travelling into the Schengen Area. This means that EU Family Members must always apply for a Schengen Visa (free of charge, as EU Family Members)
https://www.vfsglobal.com/portugal/uk/E ... xwKZCtJXm8
Thanks for your reply! I have my bio appointment on 05/02 and a baby coming early March, so I was nervous to send my IDs ahead of the arrival.

Yes, we do need Schengen visa now, this is a well known downside of EUSS card. I however never used my EU FM card to travel visa-free. Have got a 3 years German visa 1 week before first lockdown happened, so didn’t have a chance to use that one yet too! Hopefully, in 2 years’ time I’ll be a EU citizen myself and won’t require any more visas

Anita2000
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Post by Anita2000 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:40 pm

Iwolga, happy to help.

I used BRC for visa-free travelling a lot. However info on VFS Global says no matter BRC or EUSS, looks like they do not work anymore for EU entry and Schengen visa is needed.

Anyway, hope you will be fine and good luck with everything ! :wink:

Anita2000
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Post by Anita2000 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:00 am

BlackDahlia wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:53 pm
Hi all,

I am new to this board. I am interested to clarify this given your debates thus far on the topic. I checked with a lawyer and on the citizensadvice website (here: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immig ... ed-status/) and as per this information, it seems that there is no requirement to swap the BRC to the EUSS card, it is only if we feel more secure this way - that's why it is not also automatically issued if we already hold a valid card and it is not specified in our pre-settled status letter. In my case, I will be eligible for settled status in August so literally 1.5 months after the 30 June date and I will not be traveling at all anywhere until I apply and settle my settled status. Applying for the settled status in August will anyway give me an EUSS with my new status.

Last time I replaced my BRC due to a mistake on the card resulted in me waiting for close to 6 months for a new card. To be honest, I see no point in going through the process when I will be applying for a new status (and card) anyway in August, especially if I have to spend months waiting for the first card only to apply for the second status (and card) a couple of weeks thereafter.

Do you have any confirmed information on whether it is stated anywhere that it is an absolute requirement to swap the BRC with the EUSS?
Thank you!
Hi,
https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-card
You can no longer apply for a UK residence card. If you already have a card, it will not be valid after 30 June 2021.

I don't know in you case do you really need to update your cards to EUSS pre-settled and then EUSS settled.
I would be seeking an advice from HO.
I saw somewhere that you need to submit application before the expiration date for a new card otherwise some extra movements are needed. Plus you won't get your EUSS with your settled status. It is a separate application. So up to you if you are OK not to travel till few month of waiting for status from August and then a few months for EUSS card after. It will easily come to 2022. :?

Anita2000
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Post by Anita2000 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 am

BlackDahlia,

There is another topic and I think kamoe nicely answered your question in the last post.

eea-route-applications/eea-pr-card-exch ... l#p1980377

Judeu
Cuba

Post by Judeu » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:27 pm

Dear all.
To anyone concerned about the time frame of submitting your request of replacing BPR card into EUSS card, following it's my time scale:
Biometrics taken:13/11/ 2020
An email confirming request accepted(and card arriving on post after 7 working days, thereafter ): 07/01/2021
PS.- also in the email it has stated that I should send back the old biometric card issued under EU regulations as soon as possible.

Judeu
Cuba

Dear all.
To anyone concerned about the time frame of submitting your request of replacing BPR card into EUSS card, following it's my time scale:
An email confirming request accepted(and card arriving on post after 7 working days, thereafter ): 07/01/2021
PS.- also in the email it has stated that I should send back the old biometric card issued under EU regulations as soon as possible.

Judeu
Cuba

Dear all.

BlackDahlia
Germany

Post by BlackDahlia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:48 pm

Anita2000 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:00 am
BlackDahlia wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:53 pm
Hi all,

Thank you!
Hi,
https://www.gov.uk/uk-residence-card
You can no longer apply for a UK residence card. If you already have a card, it will not be valid after 30 June 2021.

I don't know in you case do you really need to update your cards to EUSS pre-settled and then EUSS settled.
I would be seeking an advice from HO.
I saw somewhere that you need to submit application before the expiration date for a new card otherwise some extra movements are needed. Plus you won't get your EUSS with your settled status. It is a separate application. So up to you if you are OK not to travel till few month of waiting for status from August and then a few months for EUSS card after. It will easily come to 2022. :?
Thank you very much! That's quite helpful. Seems that we have very little options at this point...

BlackDahlia
Germany

Post by BlackDahlia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:51 pm

Anita2000 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 am
BlackDahlia,

There is another topic and I think kamoe nicely answered your question in the last post.

eea-route-applications/eea-pr-card-exch ... l#p1980377
Thank you - I think my question was mainly whether the card becoming invalid affects your status. But I guess from the sound of it, it is now no longer a choice really. I am on the phone with the EU Resolution Centre to check my particular situation, but I guess they won't say anything different from everyone has been saying here

BlackDahlia
Germany

Post by BlackDahlia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:53 pm

Judeu wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:27 pm
Dear all.
Do you have to return the old card once you receive the new one? And what about the old card being the biometric identity document on the online system? What happens with that?!

Anita2000
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Post by Anita2000 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:32 pm

Judeu wrote:
Dear all.
Hi Judeu, thank you very much for the info.
May I ask you when did you submit your online application?
I am trying to figure out do they count 8 weeks from the application date or bio?

Judeu
Cuba

Post by Judeu » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:19 am

Application submitted on 15/10/2020
online and found a slot for a paid appointment for 13/11/2020.
I received the card yesterday, 13/01/2021. it's slightly blue and had a chip.

Judeu
Cuba

Post by Judeu » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:22 am

It's been almost 8 weeks since the biometric data was taken.
May Lord bless us all. Shalom.,

daral20
Newly Registered
Gambia

Post by daral20 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:43 am

Anita2000 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:32 pm
Judeu wrote:
Dear all.
Hi Judeu, thank you very much for the info.
May I ask you when did you submit your online application?
I am trying to figure out do they count 8 weeks from the application date or bio?
Hi Anita i asked the HO and they said at the moment you don’t need to send the new card back (except if there is a major change such as the name), you will only need to upload it online.

daral20
Newly Registered
Gambia

Post by daral20 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:44 am

Judeu wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:19 am
Hello thank you for your feedback! Anyone else had his biometric appointment in the last 4-8 weeks and received his card please? Please share your time scale with us 👍

daral20
Newly Registered
Gambia

Post by daral20 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:51 am

Mugen wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:54 pm
eubritish wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:03 pm
Looks like we do not need to change the card to the settlement one, according to the update added today.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visiting-th ... nuary-2021

If you’re a non-EEA family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
You will need a valid national passport, and one of the following:

an EU Settlement Scheme family permit
a UK-issued EEA family permit
a UK-issued biometric residence card
From that text I understood that unlike for EU, EEA or Swiss citizen that need only a passport or ID/have Status to cross the border, non-EEA family members need
"an EU Settlement Scheme family permit
a UK-issued EEA family permit
a UK-issued biometric residence card " in a form of a physical document. I didn't see a phrase "need to have a settled or pre-settles status" in regards to non-EEA family members.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway my timeline is:
Card Replacement Form Submission: 13/11/2020
APAD Email: 11/12/2020
Biometrics: 14/12/2020 (have been told by EUSS support that Biometrics cannot be reused :evil: )
APAD Email - successful: ?
Card Received: ?
Hello Mugen,
Did you receive your APAD email or your replacement card since? Please let us know, thank you 👍

Anita2000
Newly Registered
Mood:
Belarus

Post by Anita2000 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:57 am

Judeu wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:19 am
Thank you

Looks like from 8 weeks from bio date :roll: