ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Property Inspection Report

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nala808
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Property Inspection Report

Post by Nala808 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:59 pm

I've read almost everywhere that this document is not an official requirement and you won't always need it to prove appropriate accommodation but my solicitor is highly recommending that I obtain it.

I am just about ready to submit my ILR as a spouse of a British citizen. My husband owns our home which is a 5 bedroom, 2 sitting room and a separate dining room home. We have the land registry and title under my husband's name stating this, I am also providing the original ad of the property when my husband bought it 2 years ago which shows the amount of rooms and the size of the rooms. I, my husband and our 4-year-old son are the only ones living in the house (also with our dog). We have other proof of ownership such as a mortgage statement and the signed legal documents of purchase.

We used another solicitor when I did my spouse visa extension 2.5 years ago and was advised that I didn't really need a property inspection report. We were in a 2 bedroom terraced house at the time also owned by my husband. Again it was just me, my husband and our son living there. My application was approved. I am just incredibly confused as to why our current solicitor is saying we need a property inspection report when we are in a bigger house now with still just the 3 of us. I've rang around and the price for the inspection is pricey. I'm sure my solicitor is saying we need it to make absolute sure that the application gets approved but the price isn't worth something that is not officially required. My solicitor's excuse is you never know who will be checking the application and what mood they'll be in which is why its safer to have the report.

be123+

Re: Property Inspection Report

Post by be123+ » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:10 am

It’s not needed. We only show our document from land registry. This has been done from the beginning. If you have mortgage then your agreement with the lender is also another proof which can be used as evidence.

Hope it helps.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:01 am

The lawyers is speaking nonsense.

For ilr there is a requirement to prove 2 years evidence of cohabitation from 3 to 6 different sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months in either joint names or both individual names.

Property inspection report or proof of adequate accommodation is not required.

Do not submit unnecessary documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

be123+

Post by be123+ » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:01 am

For ilr there is a requirement to prove 2 years evidence of cohabitation from 3 to 6 different sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months in either joint names or both individual names.

I agree with you that the inspection report is not needed. But can you please also confirm that in order to fulfill the requirement for accommodation. The document is either tenancy agreement or from the land registry or mortgage?

The documents requirements are correct for cohabitation .

So there are two requirements for this? Is that right? One is the accommodation and the other one for relationship?

Please correct me if I am incorrect on this as well.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:06 pm

Nala808 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:59 pm
I've read almost everywhere that this document is not an official requirement and you won't always need it to prove appropriate accommodation but my solicitor is highly recommending that I obtain it.

I am just about ready to submit my ILR as a spouse of a British citizen. My husband owns our home which is a 5 bedroom, 2 sitting room and a separate dining room home. We have the land registry and title under my husband's name stating this, I am also providing the original ad of the property when my husband bought it 2 years ago which shows the amount of rooms and the size of the rooms. I, my husband and our 4-year-old son are the only ones living in the house (also with our dog). We have other proof of ownership such as a mortgage statement and the signed legal documents of purchase.

We used another solicitor when I did my spouse visa extension 2.5 years ago and was advised that I didn't really need a property inspection report. We were in a 2 bedroom terraced house at the time also owned by my husband. Again it was just me, my husband and our son living there. My application was approved. I am just incredibly confused as to why our current solicitor is saying we need a property inspection report when we are in a bigger house now with still just the 3 of us. I've rang around and the price for the inspection is pricey. I'm sure my solicitor is saying we need it to make absolute sure that the application gets approved but the price isn't worth something that is not officially required. My solicitor's excuse is you never know who will be checking the application and what mood they'll be in which is why its safer to have the report.
Not required at this point i.e. housing inspection report.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:08 pm

be123+ wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:04 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:01 am

I agree with you that the inspection report is not needed. But can you please also confirm that in order to fulfill the requirement for accommodation. The document is either tenancy agreement or from the land registry or mortgage? Correct

The documents requirements are correct for cohabitation .

So there are two requirements for this? Is that right? One is the accommodation and the other one for relationship?

Please correct me if I am incorrect on this as well.