ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

about previous address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aniko84
Newly Registered
Mood:

about previous address

Post by Aniko84 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:04 am

good morning,

I'm seeking advice on the citizenship application form, regarding previous addresses in the UK.

In June 2018 I had to move out from my rented flat (due to landlord selling it) and I temporarily moved in to a friend's house before buying my own flat. I lived there for 6 months, not paying rent but helping with household duties and childcare. I was not put on any of the formal papers, bills or council tax, so I don't really have any records of me living there, appart my payslips I got for those months.

Would anybody be able to give me an advice on how to deal with this on my application form?
I was told to just "skip" those 6 months and write a later move out date from my flat in May 2018 to make the timeline work.
However I'm concerned that this would cause issues and I might even get refused citizenship because of this.
On the other hand I wouldn't have anything to prove I did live at my friend's place for that 6 months either (and also they are one of my referees too, I wonder if their address appearing on the form again would cause any issues... )

I am so close now to submit my application form and I really appreciate any help or guidance given! It's such a lengthy and a bit scary thing to get done, especially with the lot of unclear info out there and the possibility of loosing the money over tiny things like proof of address...
Thank you in advance!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: about previous address

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:40 am

Just show the actual address you stayed at, there is no requirement to prove addresses, and it's not something applicants get refused for.
However, for peace of mind you can attach an explanatory note with your other documents.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Aniko84
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: about previous address

Post by Aniko84 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:32 pm

thank you for clarifying!