ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport- Newport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nbhatt

British Passport- Newport

Post by nbhatt » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:46 pm

Hi All,

I've checked the time line and have noticed that Belfast office is processing British Passport application way quicker than Newport. I'd submitted my online passport application on 14th December still haven't heard from Newport office however Belfast office has already processed and approved applications that were submitted after 18th Dec, how strange. Is it because of my current passport has expired in June I'm worried now not sure what is going on. Anyone who submitted their British passport application on 14th Dec to Newport office got their application approved yet? or may be whose passport had expired still got approved for British passport?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:54 pm

It can take up to 6 weeks. This is clearly stated as the sla. Factor in the Christmas and New year period and possible reduced staff!!

Some offices have more applications than others.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:32 pm

Also note: It is very rare but anyone can be called for an interview also.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-pa ... -you-apply
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:48 am

nbhatt wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:46 pm
Hi All,

I've checked the time line and have noticed that Belfast office is processing British Passport application way quicker than Newport. I'd submitted my online passport application on 14th December still haven't heard from Newport office however Belfast office has already processed and approved applications that were submitted after 18th Dec, how strange. Is it because of my current passport has expired in June I'm worried now not sure what is going on. Anyone who submitted their British passport application on 14th Dec to Newport office got their application approved yet? or may be whose passport had expired still got approved for British passport?

Thanks
Hi, i submitted to Newport on the 15th December. They received my documents on the 17th and started proceeding then on the 21st. I had my reply on the 7th to say it was successful and then on the 8th they said they printed and sent my passport to me (i havent received it yet). What does your tracking say, what stage is your application at?

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:45 pm

Hi Oxana this is my timeline, application is being processed, not sure what is going on, my current passport had expired in July, not sure if this is the reason of delay.

Application being processed 11:25am on 18 December 2020
Documents received 3:18pm on 16 December 2020
Application received 1:40pm on 14 December 2020
Identity details received 1:39pm on 14 December 2020
Email sent to person confirming your identity 12:38pm on 14 December 2020
Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:32pm on 14 December 2020
Application submitted 12:32pm on 14 December 2020

Congrats atleast your application is approved so you must be relieved
Thanks

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:07 pm

nbhatt wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:45 pm
Hi Oxana this is my timeline, application is being processed, not sure what is going on, my current passport had expired in July, not sure if this is the reason of delay.

Thanks
Thank you! Yes very relieved as you can imagine! Just one more little step - to get it delivered. And I will be free from the nightmare.

I hope you will get your decision soon, it seem to take longer for you than to others! Try contacting them on twitter, they can be useful there, they might ask you for your reference number and give you an update. But don’t panic, I’m sure you will receive your decision very soon! Good luck!

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:55 am

oxana777 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:07 pm
nbhatt wrote:

Thanks
Thank you! Yes very relieved as you can imagine! Just one more little step - to get it delivered. And I will be free from the nightmare.

I hope you will get your decision soon, it seem to take longer for you than to others! Try contacting them on twitter, they can be useful there, they might ask you for your reference number and give you an update. But don’t panic, I’m sure you will receive your decision very soon! Good luck!
By the way, TNT are already letting me down. Was meant to deliver my passport today, but on their system it already changed to tomorrow without any explanation 🤦🏼‍♀️ When you think the nightmare is over, they send your documents via the most unreliable delivery company!! Why couldn't they just use Royal Mail signed delivery, mystery!

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:55 pm

Hi All,

I rang passport office just now and the officer told me that they are waiting for some information from UK visa & immigration department. I asked him how long will it take , officer said He couldn't give me any specific or approximate date.

What are my options now ,can somebody please shed some light , I also said Passport office has not contacted me for any documents or queries. Is it taking long because my passport had expired in July I'm really tensed now. This is not helping. Tiered & frustrated

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:43 pm

Hi Gurus can you please reply to my post , or someone please share if you have experienced something similar.

is it because my current passport had expired , I need to know why there is this delay and what info they need from UK visa & immigration dept? please help

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:54 pm

UkVI needs to confirm your naturalisation so HMPO confirms status with home office.
I applied to newport office on 15th December and till now it is being processed almost timeline as yours.
For some people checks are done quickly and for some it takes a while.
HMPO does different checks with ukvi, credit agencies and others(which are not disclosed) and also consider Christmas covid lockdown so let’s be patient.
If you have emergency situation submit the proof and escalate to passport helpline.
Also be aware previously sla was 6 weeks and now it 8 weeks for first passport.

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:58 pm

Thanks Newbie, bit relieved. Please keep us posted if you receive any update & I will also do so.

nadeem75
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nadeem75 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:15 pm

Hi Respected members,
I had apply 4 children passports on 22 December at 3 different locations. All under 16 and first passport. 3 passports received in 7-10 days.
But one child 8 year old sent to Newport and being 3 weeks still under process. I think some issue with Newport office. I called 2-3 Times but every time say it is under process.

Regards.

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:33 pm

Hiya,
Just a further update , after a phone call and twitter all they said is that they are doing necessary checks, so I decided to have a last attempt which is web chat. Unfortunately I had the same response my application is being processed and that they are waiting on for some info from UKVI. My current foreign passport was valid until July 2020 when I had applied for my British Citizenship , was awarded in Dec 2020 and soon after I applied for UK passport to Newport office. I fail to understand the reason of delay, is it expired passport or something else. It has been a month now I haven't heard from them and surprisingly some applicants have received their passport from Newport office within 2 weeks. I know every application is based on its merits but still I believe Newport office has a responsibility to update the applicant's the exact reason for delay . When UKVI & Homeoffice have done their checks from start to finish for 11 years , how come Passport office is also doing the same going through the same checks causing further delays. If they need to check about naturalisation then why we were asked to submit the naturalisation certificate? This is again going in the reverse order. I think I will make an official complaint cause what they don't understand is the stress that we go through. It would be good if applicant's who submitted their applications to Newport office can share their experience. Does anyone have their direct number/contact email id and we can try to get in touch please.

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:10 am

HMPO would never disclose the checks for security reasons so they will be never be able to tell you the exact reason.
Is there anything you are blocked such as employment or urgent reason to travel then what is the purpose to process it quickly?
If you have emergency situation then submit the evidence and passport office will do the needful.
Passport office and other government departments would be extremely busy due to current situation so if your situation is not urgent then I would suggest to be patient as someone may need passport urgently and passport office can help them out.
Again choice is yours if you want to complain.

nadeem75
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nadeem75 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:11 am

nadeem75 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:15 pm
Hi Respected members,
I had apply 4 children passports on 22 December at 3 different locations. All under 16 and first passport. 3 passports received in 7-10 days.
But one child 8 year old sent to Newport and being 3 weeks still under process. I think some issue with Newport office. I called 2-3 Times but every time say it is under process.

Regards.
Update.
Finally received approval email at 9pm.

Regards.

qasimspp
Newly Registered

Post by qasimspp » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:32 am

oxana777 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:55 am
oxana777 wrote:
nbhatt wrote:

Thanks

By the way, TNT are already letting me down. Was meant to deliver my passport today, but on their system it already changed to tomorrow without any explanation 🤦🏼‍♀️ When you think the nightmare is over, they send your documents via the most unreliable delivery company!! Why couldn't they just use Royal Mail signed delivery, mystery!
Hi can you please tell me how to check your TNT tracking. Where can I find my PAN no.

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:58 pm

qasimspp wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:32 am
oxana777 wrote:
oxana777 wrote:
nbhatt wrote:

Thanks

Hi can you please tell me how to check your TNT tracking. Where can I find my PAN no.
Its the number u use to track your passport application but remove all spaces. Just leave the numbers

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:55 pm

nadeem75 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:11 am
nadeem75 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:15 pm
Hi Respected members,

Regards.
Update.
Finally received approval email at 9pm.

Regards.
HI,

What documents did you submit for Parental Responsibility?

qasimspp
Newly Registered

Post by qasimspp » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:26 pm

oxana777 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:58 pm
qasimspp wrote:
oxana777 wrote:
oxana777 wrote:

Its the number u use to track your passport application but remove all spaces. Just leave the numbers
Thanks alot today I received my passport and supporting documents as well. :D

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:31 pm

qasimspp wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:26 pm
oxana777 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:58 pm
qasimspp wrote:
oxana777 wrote:

Thanks alot today I received my passport and supporting documents as well. :D
Congratulations!!! I received my passport on tuesday, but not received supporting documents :(

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:53 pm

Hi,

It seems something peculiar about Newport?

My timelines

Application history
Application being processed 8:00am on 31 December 2020
Documents received 12:05pm on 30 December 2020
Application received 4:20pm on 24 December 2020

Its worst for my wife at Liverpool

we sent her documents on the same day but the days were
Application being processed 10:20am on 11 January 2021
Documents received 8:25am on 4 January 2021

No idea why there were 7 days between Documents received and Application being processed.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:41 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:53 pm
Hi,

It seems something peculiar about Newport?

My timelines

Application history
Application being processed 8:00am on 31 December 2020
Documents received 12:05pm on 30 December 2020
Application received 4:20pm on 24 December 2020

Its worst for my wife at Liverpool

we sent her documents on the same day but the days were
Application being processed 10:20am on 11 January 2021
Documents received 8:25am on 4 January 2021

No idea why there were 7 days between Documents received and Application being processed.
Christmas holiday closures.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:49 pm

thanks CULLINAN,

yeah I considered it but it was at the end of the holiday period but might be to do with the fact that wales were affected more by the Covid so perhaps fewer people working.
Anyways since the sla is 6 weeks have to choice but to wait.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:54 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:49 pm
thanks CULLINAN,

yeah I considered it but it was at the end of the holiday period but might be to do with the fact that wales were affected more by the Covid so perhaps fewer people working.
Anyways since the sla is 6 weeks have to choice but to wait.
I think normal operations resumed on 11th Jan.
My application went to Liverpool also :roll:

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:56 pm

ah I see.. so its been only 1 week then :D