ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expedite IRP card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

weinys
Newly Registered
Ireland

Expedite IRP card

Post by weinys » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:37 am

Is there anyway I can request to receive my IRP card faster?
I live outside Dublin and I was told by the officer on my appointment on the 24th December that it will take 3 weeks and could take 3.5 weeks due to christmas and new years holidays that fell in between.

One of my friend who lives in Dublin got it in 5 days. Why does it take too long for us outside Dublin and asking again in case someone misses out the key concern. Can i speak to someone in the authorities who can arrange it for me the quickest.

They took 6 months of processing time to approve my visa and since my travelling was preplanned, i just cant because i still dont have my Card.
PS I need to travel urgently.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Expedite IRP card

Post by Vorona » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:35 pm

No, it is not possible to get it any faster. They will always ask to wait at least 2-3 weeks.
If you're in real urge because of emergency situation try to apply for a re-entry visa. Right before Christmas they have made an exception and allowed people who haven't receipt their IRP cards to apply for re-entry visas. But then again this will also take at least 10 working days.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:30 pm

Printing of IRP cards is managed centrally and there is no way of expediting this. Once your application is approved, your card will almost always be included in the next batch.

There is no difference whether you live in Dublin or outside of Dublin. They just print everyone's cards once every few days, put them into envelopes, and then An Post come to the office to collect all the envelopes, and send them away.

hussainghadiali
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by hussainghadiali » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:44 am

Well, I live in the Dublin area and I have applied for IRP card on 11th December and still Waiting for it,
So I don't know how the queue works because you can only able to apply online if you IRP is due to expire within a month.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:52 am

hussainghadiali wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:44 am
Well, I live in the Dublin area and I have applied for IRP card on 11th December and still Waiting for it,
So I don't know how the queue works because you can only able to apply online if you IRP is due to expire within a month.
You are talking about a different matter. IRP applications are processed by GNIB either online (Dublin) or in Garda stations (outside of Dublin). No matter who processes your application, they are printed at the same place. Printing and shipping of the IRP cards are managed centrally in one place by a different team.

hussainghadiali
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by hussainghadiali » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:08 pm

Well Weinys is concerned about the processing time so I am saying it could take more than 3 weeks latest
information says on their website Is it would take 35 days excluding holidays, and the Fact is I am not even talking about where the card is printed I am just talking about processing time as she said her friend who lives in Dublin same as myself got it in 5 days

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:12 pm

hussainghadiali wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:08 pm
Well Weinys is concerned about the processing time so I am saying it could take more than 3 weeks latest
information says on their website Is it would take 35 days excluding holidays, and the Fact is I am not even talking about where the card is printed I am just talking about processing time as she said her friend who lives in Dublin same as myself got it in 5 days
As I said, you are talking about a completely different thing. The OP’s application has been approved on 24 Dec and was just waiting to receive their IRP card.