ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need suggestion please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cheers2boss

Need suggestion please

Post by cheers2boss » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:41 pm

I am switching from WP to Tier1. I am currently in UK on WorkPermit.

I have been issued WP from Chennai/India initially from company X to come to UK, then after coming to UK I have moved to company Y, so this new Y company had processed my WP and new WP was issued from Croydon office in London.

For Section D Immigration History:
D2) From within which country overseas and at which post did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United Kingdom?

What should I write here will it be Chennai/India or Croydon/UK? Please suggest.

D3. When was the entry clearance or visa issued?

Will this be my old Visa date or new Visa date?

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:08 pm

the most recent one
I have entry clearance as a working holiday maker and then on a WP
I added the WP details as it is the valid one. I wouldn't worry to much because they will have all the details on record

sri_sunny

Post by sri_sunny » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:44 am

I would write both the details

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:35 am

D2) From within which country overseas and at which post did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United Kingdom?

What should I write here will it be Chennai/India or Croydon/UK? Please suggest.
How can you answer Croydon/UK when the question says "Before travelling to the United Kingdom" ?
D3. When was the entry clearance or visa issued?
Ans: Your old visa issue date. Entry Clearance refers to when you first entered the country, subsequent visas are referred to as LTR / FLR.

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:38 am

sorry i misread your post. The above is current, you need to add India.

Both of mine were issued in Canberra, Australia before i came/return to London which is also why I put the WP one

Jackie123

Post by Jackie123 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:38 pm

Hello,

EC is only from outside UK. Inside UK, it is always FLR. I hope you understand the difference. You should mention India as you first entered UK from India and got EC from there.

Cheers!
Jackie