ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Relief - Working from home

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Adam17

Tax Relief - Working from home

Post by Adam17 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:06 pm

Hi,

Is the below tax relief offered by the government for working from home considered public funds?

Many thanks,
Adam

"If you’ve asked your employees to work from home, and you’ve not reimbursed them already, your employees may be entitled to claim tax relief on additional household expenses they’ve incurred, such as heating and lighting.

From 6 April 2020, this tax relief is based on £6 per week or £26 per month (£4 per week, or £18 per month before 6 April 2020).

Making a claim is easy, tell your employees to go to GOV.UK and search 'claim tax relief for your job expenses'."

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tax Relief - Working from home

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:07 pm

Is the below tax relief offered by the government for working from home considered public funds?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Adam17

Post by Adam17 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:07 pm
No.
Thank you

rahulgarg323
Newly Registered
India

Post by rahulgarg323 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:49 pm

I am in a similar situation, I am on Tier 2 General Visa, I claimed the tax relief and later got worried that this might be considered as Public funds and impact my application for ILR. But sounds like I don't need to worry about it.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:06 am

rahulgarg323 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:49 pm
I am in a similar situation, I am on Tier 2 General Visa, I claimed the tax relief and later got worried that this might be considered as Public funds and impact my application for ILR. But sounds like I don't need to worry about it.
Tax allowances are not public funds.

Public funds are some welfare benefits, emergency housing; being housed by the council(LEA) in council properties or Housing Association properties.

To add to the confusion, there are welfare benefits called Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit, which are nothing to do with paying taxes and are public funds. Fortunately, these are two of the low income welfare benefits being replaced by the one low income welfare benefit called Universal Credit, which is also a public fund.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/public-funds

Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
115 Exclusion from benefits.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/19 ... ection/115