ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online IRP Renewal: Processing in Level 5? Post documents? Processing times?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GlacierDub
Newly Registered
Ireland

Online IRP Renewal: Processing in Level 5? Post documents? Processing times?

Post by GlacierDub » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Hi,

This is about the current status of Online IRP renewal application for Dublin.

I've submitted stamp 4 renewal application in early December 2020 and haven't heard back. I have not submitted any documents by post as the webpage or the email I got did not mention any information regarding this.

A few question marks regarding the current status:
* Are the IRP renewals still being processed and new cards are being issued & posted in level 5?
* Should we submit any documents by post?
The online application never gave me a directive regarding this.
* Any information about the current processing times if applications are still processed?
* Can we travel in case of an emergency internationally with an expired IRP card under current Temporary extension of immigration permissions?
Does the customs entry in Ireland and airline companies recognise the auto-extension?

Some web page references are below but they did not clear the situation for me fully:

[1] "Registration updates & announcements" on inis.gov.ie mentions "renewal applications will continue to be accepted." in the announcement of date 22 December 2020.
Are the applications accepted but not processed?

[2 Immigration and employment permits during COVID-19 on citizensinformation.ie mentions "You will not get a new Irish Residence Permit (IRP - previously called a GNIB Card) during this time." in Renewal of immigration permissions section.

[3] Registration of non-EEA nationals page on citizensinformation.ie mentions "Send original documents by registered post" in section Online renewals in Dublin.
The page has been updated on 18 December 2020 which was before level 5.

[4] Online Renewal Applications (Dublin Region Only) for students mentions "submit it by Registered Post only to OREG, Immigration Service Delivery, 13-14 Burgh Quay..."
This page is renewed on 22 December 2020. I am not a student but I assume students use the same online application system for renewal. They have a clear directive about submitting documents to an address.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Online IRP Renewal: Processing in Level 5? Post documents? Processing times?

Post by Vorona » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:10 pm

GlacierDub wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:04 pm
* Are the IRP renewals still being processed and new cards are being issued & posted in level 5?
* Should we submit any documents by post? The online application never gave me a directive regarding this.
* Any information about the current processing times if applications are still processed?
* Can we travel in case of an emergency internationally with an expired IRP card under current Temporary extension of immigration permissions?
Does the customs entry in Ireland and airline companies recognise the auto-extension?
Yes;
Yes;
2-3 weeks normally;
Yes, you will not be asked to show the card when you depart;
No, you will not be allowed to board the aircraft with expired card.

GlacierDub
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Online IRP Renewal: Processing in Level 5? Post documents? Processing times?

Post by GlacierDub » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:18 pm

Vorona wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:10 pm
Yes;
Yes;
2-3 weeks normally;
Yes, you will not be asked to show the card when you depart;
No, you will not be allowed to board the aircraft with expired card.
According to the page Renew your registration the latest announcement mentions the closure of Burgh Quay Reg Office "Notice 1 | Minister announces further temporary extension of immigration permissions and the closure of the Burgh Quay Registration Office from the 23 December 2020"

The post address is there, right? Are they closed to public only but still receiving posts?

Any suggestions to me from here as not having posted any documents yet and applied online only? It's going to be 6 weeks for me and no news yet.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:31 pm

GlacierDub wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:18 pm
According to the page Renew your registration the latest announcement mentions the closure of Burgh Quay Reg Office "Notice 1 | Minister announces further temporary extension of immigration permissions and the closure of the Burgh Quay Registration Office from the 23 December 2020"
Permissions have been extended, but expired cards will not be accepted by commercial carriers.
GlacierDub wrote:
Any suggestions to me from here as not having posted any documents yet and applied online only? It's going to be 6 weeks for me and no news yet.
Wait.

GlacierDub
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by GlacierDub » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:35 pm

Vorona wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:31 pm
GlacierDub wrote:
Permissions have been extended, cards have not.
GlacierDub wrote:
Wait.
I am confused. You answered my question "* Are the IRP renewals processed & issued & posted in level 5?" above with Yes :)

If it is 2-3 weeks processing time as you say and if they are still processing renewal cards, mine is becoming 6 weeks and something may have gone wrong.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:37 pm

GlacierDub wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:35 pm
I am confused. You answered my question "* Are the IRP renewals processed & issued & posted in level 5?" above with Yes :)

If it is 2-3 weeks processing time as you say and if they are still processing renewal cards, mine is becoming 6 weeks and something may have gone wrong.
Delays happen ))) You should have got used to it by now.

GlacierDub
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by GlacierDub » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:03 pm

Vorona wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:37 pm
GlacierDub wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:35 pm

Delays happen ))) You should have got used to it by now.
Of course :) but if I should have posted the documents, which I haven't, I want to remedy that as quickly as possible. That might be the reason of delay, if so.

smamor
Ireland

Post by smamor » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:37 pm

I applied for the IRP renewal online on 05 dec and since had no reply, I followed up on the email address. Just got my renewed IRP card yesterday. There seems to be a delay but you can contact them through the email reentryqueries@justice.ie

I didn’t send any documents through post. All documents were uploaded online only. Hope it helps.

GlacierDub
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by GlacierDub » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:32 pm

smamor wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:37 pm
I applied for the IRP renewal online on 05 dec and since had no reply, I followed up on the email address. Just got my renewed IRP card yesterday. There seems to be a delay but you can contact them through the email reentryqueries@justice.ie

I didn’t send any documents through post. All documents were uploaded online only. Hope it helps.
Thank you a lot for this smamor. I applied a bit later than you, I will continue to wait.

Are you sure the right email address is reentryqueries@justice.ie and not burghquayregoffice@justice.ie ?
I was planning to send the email to burghquayregoffice@justice.ie. Just double checking.

smamor
Ireland

Post by smamor » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:39 pm

GlacierDub wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:32 pm
smamor wrote:

Thank you a lot for this smamor. I applied a bit later than you, I will continue to wait.

Are you sure the right email address is reentryqueries@justice.ie and not burghquayregoffice@justice.ie ?
I was planning to send the email to burghquayregoffice@justice.ie. Just double checking.

I sent to burghquayregoffice@justice.ie first and they gave me the other one.

GlacierDub
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by GlacierDub » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:12 pm

smamor wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:39 pm
GlacierDub wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:32 pm
smamor wrote:

I sent to burghquayregoffice@justice.ie first and they gave me the other one.
Thank you for all these smamor, I highly appreciate.

hussainghadiali
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by hussainghadiali » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:16 pm

Well, I have submitted my application 10th December for IRP renewal and still haven't got anything,
and for the supporting documents, you don't post them there is a section while submitting your application online for supporting documents where you can scan and upload them, for now, if you open your application n go to the submitted section go to my forms and then click on submitted froms tab and then click review submitted information see if you can still upload the documents in supporting documents section otherwise whoever will be processing your application will notify you to upload the documents.

Samik77
Newly Registered

Post by Samik77 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:06 pm

Dear all,

I hope you are keeping well and safe.

My wife holds a Stamp 4EUFAM (EU Treaty Rights) which is going to expire on December 2021.

Could you please let know:

1. When should we send the EU3 form and supporting documents?
2. Email applications are still accepted?
3. How long should it take to receive the new IRP?

Many thanks for your help.