ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xeesee
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation application

Post by xeesee » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:58 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:54 am
No one can comment how long their applications will take or what will be the situation with ceremonies at that point.

Application standard processing is 6 months but these days it is decided in 2/3 months in majority cases.

Ceremony delay is 2/3 months after approval.

Council availability varies thereafter.

For now one can attend a ceremony after ceremony invitation from HO within 6 months (corona concession).

No one knows what will be the backlogs like in future.

Note: Your wife will become British on the date she attends the ceremony, your child will become British from the date of approval/date on certificate as child does not attend the ceremony. Your wife and child can travel on ILR BRP till they become British. ILR BRP is invalid after that and can they enter UK only on the British Passport thereafter.

Thank you for your quick reply.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:24 pm

Hello,

Me my wife and kids hold ILR and both the kids were born outside UK.

For me and my wife it's naturalisation online form. Is this the same form for the kids and same fees as adults? Kids age 10 and 6 years old.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:07 pm

For kids its MN1 and adults it is AN. Different fees. However, you all can apply in the SAME account. Once you will fill your form, same account will let you add partner and kids. Choose “Child below 18” when you add kids individually in the same account. The form will automatically adapt to MN1 in kids case.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:07 pm
For kids its MN1 and adults it is AN. Different fees. However, you all can apply in the SAME account. Once you will fill your form, same account will let you add partner and kids. Choose “Child below 18” when you add kids individually in the same account. The form will automatically adapt to MN1 in kids case.
Thanks CULLINAN.

I was think that MN1 is only for kids born inside UK.

As I told earlier I will apply on 21st January and wife and kids later, I will add kids with my wife's account.

Can kids apply alone?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:22 pm

Your kids can apply when your wife does OR can apply when you do also. Since you all have ILR, your kids can apply when at least one parent applies for British Citizenship. Or you can apply for kids separately later on also even if your wife does not want to apply then.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:53 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:22 pm
Your kids can apply when your wife does OR can apply when you do also. Since you all have ILR, your kids can apply when at least one parent applies for British Citizenship. Or you can apply for kids separately later on also even if your wife does not want to apply then.
Thanks CULLINAN.

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?

1- Criminal conviction
2- A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance.
3- An arrest or charge
4- A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty
5- A civil court judgment against you
6- A civil penalty under UK immigration law
7- No, I have never had any of these

I received a penalty notice of £100 from HMRC in October 2016 for late filing. I paid that before due date. I will declare this in #4 A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty.

Please advice and correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:58 pm

If I was you, I would not bother to declare this. But you can in other penalty if you wish.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:57 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:58 pm
If I was you, I would not bother to declare this. But you can in other penalty if you wish.
Thanks

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:21 am

Hello,

If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the home secretary should still grant your application?

I answer " NO" to this question but just thinking if anyone can answer "YES" and give some kind of reasons.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:02 am

If an applicant doesn't meet one or more statutory requirements they are highly likely to be refused - so in that section applicant would give additional reasons they should still be granted naturalisation.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:51 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:02 am
If an applicant doesn't meet one or more statutory requirements they are highly likely to be refused - so in that section applicant would give additional reasons they should still be granted naturalisation.
Thanks.

I selected No. Also submitted my application on Friday 22nd January and got a free biometric appointment at Manchester. Hopefully will get a positive reply soon.

Thanks everyone specially CULLINAN.

I will start my wife and kids application. They will complete (ILR) 12 months on 10-02-2021.

Thanks

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:54 pm

Hello,

I received an email right after the submission of my application from UKVI that payment received and an application has been successfully submitted.

Is this all or should I wait for acknowledgement email or letter?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:38 pm

xeesee wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:54 pm
Hello,

I received an email right after the submission of my application from UKVI that payment received and an application has been successfully submitted.

Is this all or should I wait for acknowledgement email or letter?

Thanks
You MAY get an automated Case ID email also in 1-2 days. But not everyone receives that. I did not receive it either. Nothing to worry if you dont.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:46 am

Hello everyone,

I already applied for naturalisation last month and submitted the supporting documents as well.

In the employment section I mentioned Director of the company from company registration date till my resignation but didn't mention that I was on PAYE as well. PAYE dates are different than the company registration date.

Company registered in August 2013 and PAYE from April 2014.

Will this be an issue?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in process of filling naturalisation application form for my wife and kids.

1-My wife passed B1 in 2018 and uses that certificate for ILR . Can she use the same for BC application as well? As this certificate is more than 2 years old.

2- My daughter's passport was not stamped on her last return form abroad in December 2018. I got some NHS appointment letters and a letter from school confirming she is a pupil at school from September 2018. She is 7 years old.

There is an exit stamp on her passport from Pakistan but no entry stamp.

Do I need to mention this in an application form and submit those letters?

Please advice.

Thanks

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:42 am

xeesee wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:46 am
Hello everyone,

I already applied for naturalisation last month and submitted the supporting documents as well.

In the employment section I mentioned Director of the company from company registration date till my resignation but didn't mention that I was on PAYE as well. PAYE dates are different than the company registration date.

Will this be an issue?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-My wife passed B1 in 2018 and uses that certificate for ILR . Can she use the same for BC application as well? As this certificate is more than 2 years old.

2- My daughter's passport was not stamped on her last return form abroad in December 2018. I got some NHS appointment letters and a letter from school confirming she is a pupil at school from September 2018. She is 7 years old.

Please advice.

Thanks

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:53 pm

xeesee wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:42 am
xeesee wrote:
Hello everyone,

Will this be an issue?

Please advice.

Thanks
Hello members,

I need some help and advice on the above questions if anyone can answer. I will really appreciate any help. I filled all the forms for my wife and kids just need to submit. Just need some clarification on the above points.

Thanks.

I also noticed that CULLINAN is not active from last few days and totally understand it's not his job to answer anyone but just little worried for him as he was helping almost everyone from Iast 2-3 years same as some other very helpful members.

Best wishes for CULLINAN and hope he is doing well.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:02 pm

xeesee wrote:
Hello everyone,

Will this be an issue?
No

Yes

No need to send any additional proof

No
Please advice.

Thanks
I also noticed that CULLINAN is not active from last few days and totally understand it's not his job to answer anyone but just little worried for him as he was helping almost everyone from Iast 2-3 years same as some other very helpful members.

Best wishes for CULLINAN and hope he is doing well.
Thank you for your wishes and concern. I am good Alhamdulillah.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:06 pm

Thanks CULLINAN

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:46 am

Hello,

I received an email from this address home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk.

Confirming my application for BC is successful. It's just an email without any PDF attachments.

Is this a valid email address?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:21 am

Congratulations!

It is a government email address (gov.uk) - is there a privacy statement at the bottom which might show further official details - more importantly does it refer to an attachment, a PDF format letter? Unless all details are within the body of the email, such as ceremony arrangements.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:36 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:21 am
Congratulations!

It is a government email address (gov.uk) - is there a privacy statement at the bottom which might show further official details - more importantly does it refer to an attachment, a PDF format letter? Unless all details are within the body of the email, such as ceremony arrangements.
Thanks for your reply.

Ref: 0000-0000-0000-0000

Despite restrictions due to Government advice relating to COVID- 19, UK Visas and Immigration have remained focused on confirming decisions on British citizenship applications as quickly as possible. I am pleased to confirm that your application for British citizenship has been successful.
The next step for you will be to attend a citizenship ceremony, which is an essential part of you becoming a British citizen. British citizenship ceremonies are delivered on behalf of the Home Office by individual local authorities.
Please do not contact your local authority until you receive a Citizenship Ceremony Invitation Letter confirming that your certificate has been despatched to the authority and that you should approach them to book a ceremony.
Government restrictions in relation to COVID-19 have understandably restricted the ability of local authorities to provide citizenship ceremonies, as the safety of customers must be paramount. However, citizenship ceremonies will continue to be held where they can do so safely in line with local restrictions and health and safety guidance.
We have also been working with local authorities to maximise the availability of ceremonies in a COVID-19 safe environment and to minimise any delays. This has included the provision of an innovative process to allow for virtual ceremonies in some cases. Not all local authorities are currently able to offer virtual ceremonies, though we are working hard to make this more widely available.
Whilst we will continue to work closely with our local authorities to expand the provision of citizenship ceremonies, including the expansion of availability of virtual ceremonies, due to the changing restrictions and guidance relating to COVID-19, it is not possible at this time to advise when your certificate will be despatched. We will update or website with any new information, in particular in relation to the time it might take to despatch certificates.
Please be assured that once you receive your Citizenship Ceremony Invitation Letter you will still have up to six months within which to complete your ceremony. Exceptional circumstances relating to an urgent need to complete a British citizenship ceremony will, of course, be taken into consideration, with the ICD.5321 2 of 2 appropriate supporting evidence.
If you need to undertake a ceremony urgently, please contact us at Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk. However, we are unable to guarantee that we will able to expedite any particular ceremony request at this time.
Further information on citizenship ceremonies can be found at https://www.gov.uk/citizenship-ceremonies. We would ask that you do not contact us, or your local authority, regarding your ceremony at this time and be assured that we are working as quickly as possible to despatch your certificate.
We will write to you again when we have despatched your certificate to your local authority. In that letter we will provide details for you to then contact your local authority to book onto a ceremony, at which you will be presented with your certificate of British citizenship.
Please note that an individual does not become a British citizen until they have completed a citizenship ceremony. Therefore, if your circumstances change in any material way prior to the ceremony being completed then your application may be subject to further review. This could occur for example where further evidence comes to light which indicates that you would no longer meet the good character requirement.
Further guidance in relation to the good character requirement can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... cyguidance.

Yours sincerely,
XYZ
Nationality caseworker

Above is the full email Which I received.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:58 pm

Thanks - so you now have to wait for your invitation letter. Not sure what else you can do, except perhaps contacting the council registry office upfront to see if/when they have your certificate.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:19 pm

Your application is successful. Congrats.

You will get another email/post from HO that will be your ceremony invitation letter. It can take up to 3 months after approval due to corona delays. Once you have that, you will be able to book a ceremony with your local council.

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:50 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:19 pm
Your application is successful. Congrats.

You will get another email/post from HO that will be your ceremony invitation letter. It can take up to 3 months after approval due to corona delays. Once you have that, you will be able to book a ceremony with your local council.
Thanks CULLINAN. Thanks to all other members as well.