ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last year before citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Khawa
Newly Registered
Egypt

Last year before citizenship application

Post by Khawa » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:45 pm

Hi there,
I was out if ireland for 43 days in the last 365 before my application due to family emergency do you think I can still apply for the citizenship or I should wait

Stanina
Ireland

Re: Last year before citizenship application

Post by Stanina » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:24 pm

It depends on the circumstances, from INIS FAQ
"Q102.I will be absent from the State due to COVID-19 travel restrictions or isolation measures,will this affect a Citizenship application?
A. A pragmatic approach will be applied in this emergency"

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:04 pm

Khawa wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:45 pm
Hi there,
I was out if ireland for 43 days in the last 365 before my application due to family emergency do you think I can still apply for the citizenship or I should wait
Yes, due to COVID as Stanina mentioned, they may make an exception. Make sure to provide sufficient evidence that it was a family emergency. But if you're not 100% confident just for wait 43 days to avoid a risk.

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:48 pm

Vorona wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:04 pm
Yes, due to COVID as Stanina mentioned, they may make an exception. Make sure to provide sufficient evidence that it was a family emergency. But if you're not 100% confident just for wait 43 days to avoid a risk.
In the last year you need to wait additional year from last 43 days travel window, not 43 only days itself.