ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

M1N1 Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SOUMYAS
Newly Registered
India

NON British Child ILR born in UK

Post by SOUMYAS » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:16 pm

My daughter is born in UK 2014, We both have got ILR approved in November 2020. My daughter has visa valid until Dec 24 2021. Do we need to apply for ILR or Can i Apply for First british passport for her. Its quite urgent can anyone reply on this as early as possible.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NON British Child ILR born in UK

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:19 pm

A UK born child does NOT need ILR.

She doesn't qualify for a British passport yet because she is not British yet.

You can apply to register the child as British on form MN1. Costs £1023.

Only once approved and you have the registration certificate, can she apply for a British passport.

Unclear why it is urgent if the child has a visa till December.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SOUMYAS
Newly Registered
India

Post by SOUMYAS » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:09 pm

Thank you, Sorry for making that Urgent. we want to know quickly because i already applied for her british passport with out MN1 form as i thought because she is born in UK i thought once we get ILR she gets british passport automatically.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:12 pm

You are mistaken. She needs MN1 to become British before she can apply for a passport. There is nothing automatic.

The passport application will be refused and you will lose the fee.

Your child is not British if born before you got ilr. Simply being born in the UK doesn't always make a child British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SOUMYAS
Newly Registered
India

Post by SOUMYAS » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:14 pm

I did not know that i applied for her application, i got the letter recently.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:16 pm

And what does the letter say exactly?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SOUMYAS
Newly Registered
India

Post by SOUMYAS » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:29 am

The letter says British passport will be only be given when one of the parent has ILR at the time of Child Birth. Can we apply for MN1 form online?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:46 am

SOUMYAS wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:29 am
The letter says British passport will be only be given when one of the parent has ILR at the time of Child Birth. Can we apply for MN1 form online?
Yes. As explained, your child must be first registered as British before applying for a passport.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/mn1
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

SOUMYAS
Newly Registered
India

Post by SOUMYAS » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:32 pm

thank you for help.

SOUMYAS
Newly Registered
India

Referees for Naturalisation Certficate M1N1 form

Post by SOUMYAS » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:34 pm

I have started filling up the form M1N1 form to register a child under 18 for british citizenship, I mean naturalisation certificate and inside the form they were asking to provide 2 referees, I have given 2 our friends details but when i was about to submit application, under documents i have seen the physical referees forms in which it is mentioned for mandatory teacher referee, Is the physical referee form can be different from the application referree as the application referre has more personal details like to provide date of birth, address as well for the referee and as a professional teacher referee it does not seem to be valid for me to ask for the date of birth of the teacher to fill up the naturalisation form. Is my understanding correct? Can the teacher referree need to provide their date of birth, passport number and also their residential address which seems to be as important data which they would not share with parents. Any advice is helpful. :roll:

zamaha
Member of Standing

Re: Referees for Naturalisation Certficate M1N1 form

Post by zamaha » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:58 pm

Hi, I was in the same situation last week. I printed the referee online form which needs to be signed by referee (teacher of the child) and scanned. Also, I found the paper form of mn1 application and printed the pages that asks for these information of referee. Then, glued the photos to both the form and gave them to my daughter's school and explained clearly that I need to upload only the first referee form but the online application form asks for these details which is exactly the same as the paper form. They told me that only headteacher deals with these matter and they were really helpful. The headteacher filled it completely the next day. Just remember glue the photos to both form as nobody is comfortable to sign a form without photo and information on it. Hope it helps.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Re: Referees for Naturalisation Certficate M1N1 form

Post by zamaha » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:00 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-form-mn1
This is the paper form. Check the page 20 onwards.

SOUMYAS
Newly Registered
India

M1N1 Form

Post by SOUMYAS » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:23 am

I have submitted the M1N1 form through online for my daughter, Will I get the details of login using email for documentation and Biometric appointment later.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: M1N1 Form

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:20 am

SOUMYAS wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:23 am
I have submitted the M1N1 form through online for my daughter, Will I get the details of login using email for documentation and Biometric appointment later.
Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI ONLINE.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment with UKVCAS.

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past except T4. You get 45 working days after submission.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment again).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload” separately.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.
Cullinan
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

SOUMYAS
Newly Registered
India

Post by SOUMYAS » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:21 am

I did not get any email for UKVCAS whom should i contact in that case, But got payment successful information.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:44 am

SOUMYAS wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:21 am
I did not get any email for UKVCAS whom should i contact in that case, But got payment successful information.
You will not get confirmation emails, just an email to book an appointmenrt
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

SOUMYAS
Newly Registered
India

Post by SOUMYAS » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:33 pm

Do I need to wait for the email to come from them, i thought they will send me UKVCAS login details first. I have submitted the form on 20th of MArch.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:48 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:44 am
SOUMYAS wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:21 am
You will not get confirmation emails, just an email to book an appointmenrt
You do not get any email to book an appointment. That was the case when IDV app was operational. IDV app is no more since Sep 2020 except T4. You must book an appointment with UKVCAS through further actions page.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:49 pm

SOUMYAS wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:33 pm
Do I need to wait for the email to come from them, i thought they will send me UKVCAS login details first. I have submitted the form on 20th of MArch.
Did you even try to follow the previous steps post?!

SOUMYAS
Newly Registered
India

Post by SOUMYAS » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:56 pm

Hi Thanks for helping me when i click on further actions page, it takes me to UKVCAS login page, but i dont have any login details to get there. There it does not show up to register as well. How will i get UKVCAS email and password from?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:27 pm

SOUMYAS wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:56 pm
Hi Thanks for helping me when i click on further actions page, it takes me to UKVCAS login page, but i dont have any login details to get there. There it does not show up to register as well. How will i get UKVCAS email and password from?
Did you use the same email address for any other application?

SOUMYAS
Newly Registered
India

Post by SOUMYAS » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:42 am

yes I did for my ILR application, I used my same email address.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:36 pm

SOUMYAS wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:42 am
yes I did for my ILR application, I used my same email address.
Follow these steps now:

Login to MN1 UKVI login. Click “book an appointment.”Once it takes you to UKVCAS page, click on “forget password.” Retrieve your password from there and sign in the UKVCAS with that login.

Let me know then.

SOUMYAS
Newly Registered
India

Post by SOUMYAS » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:35 pm

Hi,

It is showing me my ILR application documents and showing my name instead of my daughters name.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:16 pm

SOUMYAS wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:35 pm
Hi,

It is showing me my ILR application documents and showing my name instead of my daughters name.
Did you login MN1 UKVI account FIRST? And press book an appointment and proceed from there?

When you clicked forget password did it send you a new access code?

This is happening due to the same email address you used for ILR.

If you can not sort it yourself, contact UKVCAS on twitter.