ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Affidavits for approved applications and next ceremony

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anongirl
South Africa

Affidavits for approved applications and next ceremony

Post by anongirl » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:43 pm

Just started a fresh topic here for anyone who is in the same boat as me who have been approved already and are just waiting on either an affidavit to be sent out to sign to get your certificate or announcement of next ceremony.
Pleas try to only post here in relation to this only so we have up to date and relevant info.

holahola84
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Affidavits for approved applications and next ceremony

Post by holahola84 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:05 pm

Just posting here the link to the DOJ page where to check the latest on Citizenship:

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizen ... ship-news/

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:43 pm

I'm in the same boat. Have only been approved a week ago. I read old posts from previous years and noticed that people are saying that document have to be sent within 10 business days. My letter does not specify this perioid. My best guess is that once affidavit form is approved it will be available for downloading and we can send it with other documents altogether.

Shakey

Post by Shakey » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:01 pm

Once the SI is signed by the minister they can send immediately.

I suspect if people have been sent approval letters recently we are not many days away.

If they have any sense they will send out the letter asking for 950 euro along with the affidavit.

ssireland
India

Post by ssireland » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:06 am

Same here...Got approval letter in October. Sent 950 euro and IRP card.. Since I had to travel urgently asked them what to do... They sent me back IRP card immediately. Waiting still for affidavit process

twista
Ireland

Post by twista » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:19 pm

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:27 pm

twista wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:19 pm
Folks
Please see PQ from today

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... 99/#pq_699
From the Minister today:

I am conscious that a significant backlog has built up regarding the granting of citizenships due to the inability to hold in person ceremonies during Covid-19. Unfortunately, the pandemic has prevented the "holding of such ceremonies, which are usually attended by hundreds of people and which have become a welcome addition to our public and civic life. This month, I will re-start the process of granting citizenship, without the need to hold in person ceremonies, and I will outline the details of this shortly"

anongirl
South Africa

Post by anongirl » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:16 pm

Really hoping that means affidavits will be sent out starting this month 🙏 been a year and a half since I applied with straight forward application and no extra documents needed just unfortunately 2 massive delays due to that court hearing and now covid. Missed out on March ceremony by a hair as me and my sis got our approvals the same time just 2 days apart but she got into the ceremony ..oh well it’s out of our control anyway 😩

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:02 am

Signature to replace citizenship ceremonies in temporary scheme:

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/01 ... tizenship/

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:06 am

It looks like it is happening.Can not find it yet on official inis site though:

It is expected that 4,000 applicants currently waiting on naturalisation will have had an opportunity to gain citizenship by the end of March the Department of Justice said.

"The process I am opening today means that certificates can now be granted again, once the signed and witnessed statutory declaration and relevant fee has been received by my department."

In-person citizenship ceremonies have been provisionally scheduled to return in December.

Under the temporary new system, qualifying applicants will be asked to complete a statutory declaration that will be sent to them by email from the citizenship division of the Department of Justice, and bring it to one of the listed designated officials.

The designated official must witness the applicant sign the statutory declaration.

The applicant must then send the signed statutory declaration, the appropriate fee, and any other requested documentation to the department’s citizenship division.

Final processing will then take place and a certificate of naturalisation, which will be signed by the minister, will be sent to the applicant.
"

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40208945.html

izzydowling
Newly Registered
Congo Democratic Republic

Post by izzydowling » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:08 am

rks9004
Mood:
India

Post by rks9004 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:31 am

Everyone has to check if the email addresses given in the application is correct so that we dont miss the email. Email address is not a very used information in the process so there is every chance that there would be lots of confusion or error from both sides :) fun

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:23 am

rks9004 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:31 am
Everyone has to check if the email addresses given in the application is correct so that we dont miss the email. Email address is not a very used information in the process so there is every chance that there would be lots of confusion or error from both sides :) fun
Good point, since it was entered manually on the form and there is no way to check what is currently on file, it can be troublesome in some cases.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:43 am

Very good. Can't wait to get mine :lol:
Pretty bad idea with the emails. Uploading the declaration on the website would have been so much easier.
I suppose the reason behind this decision is because it is a one off solution only for certain applicants.

jojoie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jojoie » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:08 pm

Stanina wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:06 am
Can not find it yet on official inis site though:
here is the official confirmation https://www.irishimmigration.ie/ministe ... -covid-19/

Julio_Tebenado
Newly Registered
Cuba

Post by Julio_Tebenado » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:45 pm

Can't wait to see people update here about the affidavit received and any further progress. That would be a good sign of positive movement on the immigration's side. All this waiting game is making me sick

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:00 pm

Vorona wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:43 am
I suppose the reason behind this decision is because it is a one off solution only for certain applicants.
yeah, it looks only for 4K already approved applications. Other will be in possible proper December Ceremony. If ceremony will not be possible they might extend the same procedure in December.

kalyna
Ukraine

Post by kalyna » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:05 pm

Stanina wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:23 am
rks9004 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:31 am
Good point, since it was entered manually on the form and there is no way to check what is currently on file, it can be troublesome in some cases.
How are they going to know where it is a zero and where it is an o in some email addresses if they look the same in handwriting? :(

kalyna
Ukraine

Post by kalyna » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:13 pm

Stanina wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:06 am
It looks like it is happening.Can not find it yet on official inis site though:

It is expected that 4,000 applicants currently waiting on naturalisation will have had an opportunity to gain citizenship by the end of March the Department of Justice said.

"The process I am opening today means that certificates can now be granted again, once the signed and witnessed statutory declaration and relevant fee has been received by my department."

In-person citizenship ceremonies have been provisionally scheduled to return in December.

Under the temporary new system, qualifying applicants will be asked to complete a statutory declaration that will be sent to them by email from the citizenship division of the Department of Justice, and bring it to one of the listed designated officials.

The designated official must witness the applicant sign the statutory declaration.

The applicant must then send the signed statutory declaration, the appropriate fee, and any other requested documentation to the department’s citizenship division.

Final processing will then take place and a certificate of naturalisation, which will be signed by the minister, will be sent to the applicant.
"

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40208945.html
I hope the end of March is for those who have already submitted a fee and documents. https://www.irishimmigration.ie/ website says: "Once completed the applicant must then send the signed statutory declaration, the appropriate fee and any other requested documentation to the dedicated postal address as instructed in the e-mail on or before the 30 May 2021."

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:03 pm

Calling nearly 4000 people is a gargantuan which will probably require extra staff to complete. Considering that change of emails and phone numbers is not uncommon, some people will miss it out. I suppose you can send them a letter with your correct phone number and email address.

hdsgnr

Post by hdsgnr » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:06 pm

From the FAQ:
Once completed the applicant must then send the signed statutory declaration, the
appropriate fee
and any other requested documentation to the Department’s
Citizenship Division as set out in the relevant email.
I hope they have a register of people who already paid for the naturalization certificate, or it will be a big fun asking me to pay second time. 8)

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:26 pm

hdsgnr wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:06 pm
I hope they have a register of people who already paid for the naturalization certificate, or it will be a big fun asking me to pay second time.
if they do, just tell them that you have already paid.
I haven't send them anything yet. I was waiting until this new legislation comes into force.

phoenix49
Ireland

Post by phoenix49 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:25 am

Check your emails folks!! :D

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:28 am

yep, also got letter from INIS :)

hdsgnr