ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

V3rvangen
Newly Registered

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by V3rvangen » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:02 pm

Themag62 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:13 am
Hello, I never received an email specifically referencing that documents have been received. I have only received a single email stating, Your application for Irish citizenship through entry on the Foreign Births Register has now been received." Those of you referencing a documents received email, did you receive 2 emails? One referencing the application and another the documents? Submitted the app online 2/04/20 2 weeks later, received the email with the statement above. After reading all the post here about documents received emails, I'm nervous they were never received and the email refers only to the online app.

Anyone have experience with:
-submitting passport photos after all documents have been sent and application received? I mistakenly sent in only 2 photos, instead of the required 4. Is there an address to which additional documents can be sent, and referencing the application number? Or do I just have to wait to be contacted?

Thank you!
Hey, I submitted my application end of January 2020, I got an email saying 'your application has now been received' about an hour or two after my posted parcel showed that someone had signed for it. I never got one saying 'documents have been received'. I think the 'application received' does refer to the documents, otherwise they would have sent the application received email right after I paid the fee, which was a week or two before my documents arrived.

I spoke to a guy at FBR the other month about my application as I needed to change my email address, and when I asked if there had been any emails sent asking for further documentation when I couldn't access my email address on file, he said no. I assume if he had seen my documents had never arrived he would have brought it up.

So I wouldn't worry. I think there's been a bit of variation in wording of emails and stuff over the years, I am sure your documents got there.

In regards to the photos, I actually spoke to someone at the FBR about my photos as I worried I'd done them wrong. They just said they'll ask for more if they need them.

DuncanB
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by DuncanB » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:40 pm

Hi folks

Regarding the witnesses to the photos to be submitted. If I have understood the guidance it has to be someone from the proscribed list and known to me sufficiently well enough to know a third person who also knows me? This seems bizarre. Do I now need to befriend a notary officer, introduce him to my friends in order for him to witness my application?

Cheers,

Duncan

Fish Fry
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Fish Fry » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:13 am

I submitted my documents in late May 2019 and got the email confirming receipt on June 6, 2019. I haven't heard anything since. What should I do? I've seen people on here talk about a chat function with the FBR office, but how does that even work?

Pb300
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Pb300 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:16 am

Fish Fry, I’ve been considering the same thing since my documents were received mid June 2019 and no word. So I’m a little glad to learn I’m not the only one left behind. It appears the web chat is only available for passport services but it might be our best bet. I feel like I’ve patiently waited out their posted 12-18 month period so now that we are past 18 months we deserve some kind of update.

Mr_Knight
Mood:

Post by Mr_Knight » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:15 am

DuncanB wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:40 pm
Hi folks

Regarding the witnesses to the photos to be submitted. If I have understood the guidance it has to be someone from the proscribed list and known to me sufficiently well enough to know a third person who also knows me? This seems bizarre. Do I now need to befriend a notary officer, introduce him to my friends in order for him to witness my application?

Cheers,

Duncan
From my experience the Notary Public just has to be confident that you are who you say you are from passport/drivers licence/birth certificate/proof of address etc and pay them the fee.

Fish Fry
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Fish Fry » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:30 pm

Thanks for the reply Pb300. It's good to know I'm not alone. If anyone else filed around mid-2019 and haven't heard anything yet, please post so we know there are others in our position. I don't really have the time to try to call the FBR office, so I guess I'll just continue to wait.

MarkRace
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by MarkRace » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:16 pm

I'm not sure I am posting this in the right place, so my apologies in advance.

This is a relatively simple question but a big problem.

I am in the process of starting the FBR process for my two sons. I have an Irish passport based on my birth mother whom I have never met. The FBR process seems to require that I produce photo id for her etc. I am sure she is a lovely person and meeting her may be very fulfilling but I am not keen to make contact.

Any insights/successful approaches would be appreciated.

Background

I have an Irish passport based on her (my birth mother) even though I was adopted by an Irish national. As a result I was an Irish citizen at the time of their births and they qualify. I have had an Irish passport since 1990 but it was hard work getting it renewed because I had let it lapse by over 5 years. I had to go through the entire process of proving my birth heritage again, birth certificates, adoption certificates, court orders etc. As a result I am aware that any misstep may be costly.

Cheers

Mark

Mr_Knight
Mood:

Post by Mr_Knight » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:24 pm

MarkRace wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:16 pm
I'm not sure I am posting this in the right place, so my apologies in advance.

This is a relatively simple question but a big problem.

I am in the process of starting the FBR process for my two sons. I have an Irish passport based on my birth mother whom I have never met. The FBR process seems to require that I produce photo id for her etc. I am sure she is a lovely person and meeting her may be very fulfilling but I am not keen to make contact.

Any insights/successful approaches would be appreciated.

Background

I have an Irish passport based on her (my birth mother) even though I was adopted by an Irish national. As a result I was an Irish citizen at the time of their births and they qualify. I have had an Irish passport since 1990 but it was hard work getting it renewed because I had let it lapse by over 5 years. I had to go through the entire process of proving my birth heritage again, birth certificates, adoption certificates, court orders etc. As a result I am aware that any misstep may be costly.

Cheers

Mark
In a previous webchat I told them my mother & I are estranged & would not be able to get a copy of her driving licence or passport. The person said it was fine so long as it was explained in a cover letter & all other documentation was correct.

amiclvrt
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by amiclvrt » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:17 am

I have submitted FBR application with email receipt of documentation DEC 10, 2020. I understand my cert and paperwork will be mailed to back to my application address. However, we are planning to sell our house this summer in preparation for our move to Ireland. Will FBR send to my documents to another address if I call and give them, say, my daughters address. We were planning to vacation around Europe until citizenship comes through.

jamiepompey
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jamiepompey » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:38 am

amiclvrt wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:17 am
I have submitted FBR application with email receipt of documentation DEC 10, 2020. I understand my cert and paperwork will be mailed to back to my application address. However, we are planning to sell our house this summer in preparation for our move to Ireland. Will FBR send to my documents to another address if I call and give them, say, my daughters address. We were planning to vacation around Europe until citizenship comes through.
It’s looking like an 18 month wait at the moment anyway but, if you have moved then you can just wait for them to email you with the “confirmation of address” email. You can then notify them then. It’s right at the end of the process so best not to worry about it too much for the time being as you’re in for a fairly long wait right now.

Legskinner
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Legskinner » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:58 pm

amiclvrt wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:17 am
The current timeline for registration on the foreign birth registry is likely 18 months start to finish. This does not include the time it will take to apply for and receive an Irish passport. If you are planning to sell your house and vacation around Europe I would suggest you have at least two and a half years of funds for vacationing and have the legal right to remain in Europe for that time. Best of luck.

IrishNJUSAMan
United States of America

Post by IrishNJUSAMan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:08 am

IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:38 pm
IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:56 pm
LA8887 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:32 pm
IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:30 pm

Hooray I am Officially an Irish Citizen and have my FBR Certificate in my hands, it was received minutes ago! Hmm maybe a Guinness to celebrate tonight and then tomorrow start the Paper Application First Time Irish Passport Application Process.🇮🇪 ☘️🇺🇸

Listed below is my full timeline

Timeline

FBR Application submitted on- line - May 19, 2019

FBR Application and Documents mailed from USA/NJ to Balbriggan, Ireland via USPS International Express May 20, 2019
Application received in Balbriggan email received - May 27,2019
Confirmation of Mailing address email received from FBR - September 21, 2020 at 3:10 am

Responded back to FBR Mailing Address email - September 21, 2020 at 3:43 am
Date added onto Foreign Birth Register - September 21, 2020
Congratulations FBR Approval email received - Sept 21,2020 at 7:36 am

FBR Certificate Printed/ Mailed email received - September 24, 2020
FBR Certificate and all original documents received in USA/NJ - September 30, 2020

I’ll provide update on Irish Passport once it is submitted to the Embassy in NYC.
You know you've repeatedly used the flag of Ivory Coast and not Ireland in your posts, right?
Those darn flag emojis on a cell phone are tiny, I thought something was odd since the flag is green white and gold. I don't think I can edit previous posts. Thx for letting me know.🇮🇪 🇮🇪 🇮🇪
Hello ALL!!!
Well I received the FBR certificate and have officially moved onto the Irish Passport Process!!!!

Applied for Irish Passport via Paper (Initial) Application mailed application, money order pmt, and all documents/witnessed photos to the Consulate General of Ireland in NYC/Park Ave - (mailed USPS 1 day Priority from NNJ to NYC)- October 9,2020
Irish Passport application/docs received at Consulate if Ireland in NYC, mail cofirm received- October 10, 2020

Passport form and docs sent from Consulate to Ireland - Pending

Passport Approved- Pending

Passport and documents received in USA/NJ -Pending

At least this process will be quicker!
Cheers! 🇮🇪🇺🇸☘️
Hello Everyone!!!!
After I received my FBR Certificate, I immediately pursued the next phase to obtain an Irish Passport, this was my first one so I needed to apply manually with the Passport Application provided with my FBR Certificate.
Listed below is the timeline for this phase:
Applied for Irish Passport via Paper (Initial) Application mailed application, money order pmt, and all documents/witnessed photos to the Consulate General of Ireland in NYC/Park Ave - (mailed USPS 1 day Priority from NNJ to NYC)- October 9,2020
Irish Passport application/docs received at Consulate if Ireland in NYC, mail confirm received- October 10, 2020
Consulate NYC Mailroom recd package - October 13,2020

Consulate NYC performs various checks and also contacts the witness on application/2 signed photos to verify that they witnessed the documents on the specific date and that they recall me - October, 14- October 23,2020

Passport Processing in Ireland is paused due to Ireland being in Phased 5 of the COVID 19 Framework and they must get down to Level 3, pause is 6 weeks - October 21,2020 - 12/1/2020

Irish Consulate/NYC office scans application, original documents, other documents and photos which are then sitting in queue for processing by Ireland when they resume processing - November 19, 2020

Application appears on Irish Passport processing tracker reflecting In-Process Status - December 4, 2020

Tracker Status changes to Passport Being Printed Status - December 23, 2020

Tracker Status changes to Passport being Dispatched - January 7, 2021

Passport Arrives in Consulate of NYC office via Diplomatic Bag - January 13, 2021

Irish Consulate prepares Fedex Overnight delivery envelope and stuffs with Passport and all documents included with the application - January 13, 2021

Fedex Overnight delivery envelope with Passport and all documents included with the application received at home in USA/NJ, required signature - January 14, 2021

Process Completed!!!!
Now I am super super super IRISH!! I wait for the pandemic to improve and wait some time then finally travel to Ireland for the first time ever!!!

Passport Approved- Pending

IrishNJUSAMan
United States of America

Post by IrishNJUSAMan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:26 am

IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:58 am
IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been following and participating with this thread/group for some time and I finally have some good news, so I thought I would share my current status/timeline.

After 484 days, Or 1 year, 3 months, 26 days, Or after 15 months, 26 days I am excited to provide an update!!!

Timeline

FBR Application and Documents mailed from USA/NJ to Balbriggan, Ireland via USPS International Express May 20, 2019
Confirmation of Mailing address email received from FBR - September 21, 2020 at 3:10 am

FBR Certificate Printed/ Mailed email received - Pending
FBR Certificate received in USA/NJ - Pending

NEXT PHASE-INITIAL PAPER APPLICATION FOR PASSPORT
Applied for Passport via Paper (Initial) Application mailed all documents to Consulate General of Ireland in NYC/Park Ave - Pending

Yes, Brexit and COVID-19 greatly affected the original 6 month processing time we were notified of during the application process and further a record of over 29,000 FBR applications were received in 2019. All of these challenges allowed FBR to streamline Operations, implement new systems and hire/train additional staff to support this process.

I am thankful for this group/thread as it allowed each and everyone one of us to communicate, question, learn and assist each other about the process as well as the availability to monitor the progress of FBR processing by sharing each of our experiences/application milestones and dates. I feel blessed and very thankful to all, We are the World and soon we will all be Irish Citizens too! I can't believe that I am now an Irish citizen, it will be realistic when that FBR certificate is in my hands.

Thank you all!

IrishNJUSAMan 🇺🇸🇺🇸☘️☘️🇨🇮🇨🇮

BTW, I had a web chat with the FBR at 6:00 am this morning after I received/responded to the mailing address verification email, the representative mentioned to me that there is a 2 week backlog in the printing/mailing of the FBR Certificates and associated Original documents. Further, I was advised that the FBR Certificate and all Original documents will be returned in one package.
UPDATE from FBR on September 24,2020

FBR Certificate Printed/ Mailed email received - September 24, 2020

Now I just await receipt of my FBR Certificate and documents!!
IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:08 am
Cheers!

IrishNJUSAMan
United States of America

Post by IrishNJUSAMan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:28 am

IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:26 am
IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
IrishNJUSAMan wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have been following and participating with this thread/group for some time and I finally have some good news, so I thought I would share my current status/timeline.

After 484 days, Or 1 year, 3 months, 26 days, Or after 15 months, 26 days I am excited to provide an update!!!

Timeline

Applied for Passport via Paper (Initial) Application mailed all documents to Consulate General of Ireland in NYC/Park Ave - Pending

Yes, Brexit and COVID-19 greatly affected the original 6 month processing time we were notified of during the application process and further a record of over 29,000 FBR applications were received in 2019. All of these challenges allowed FBR to streamline Operations, implement new systems and hire/train additional staff to support this process.

I am thankful for this group/thread as it allowed each and everyone one of us to communicate, question, learn and assist each other about the process as well as the availability to monitor the progress of FBR processing by sharing each of our experiences/application milestones and dates. I feel blessed and very thankful to all, We are the World and soon we will all be Irish Citizens too! I can't believe that I am now an Irish citizen, it will be realistic when that FBR certificate is in my hands.

Thank you all!

IrishNJUSAMan
United States of America

Post by IrishNJUSAMan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:30 am

IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:28 am
IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
IrishNJUSAMan wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Timeline

Thank you all!

IrishNJUSAMan
United States of America

Post by IrishNJUSAMan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:35 am

IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
IrishNJUSAMan wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Timeline

Thank you all!

IrishNJUSAMan
United States of America

Post by IrishNJUSAMan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:38 am

IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:28 am
IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
IrishNJUSAMan wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Timeline

Thank you all!

Hello Everyone!!!!
After I received my FBR Certificate, I immediately pursued the next phase to obtain an Irish Passport, this was my first one so I needed to apply manually with the Passport Application provided with my FBR Certificate.
Irish Passport application/docs received at Consulate if Ireland in NYC, mail confirm received- October 10, 2020

Consulate NYC performs various checks and also contacts the witness on application/2 signed photos to verify that they witnessed the documents on the specific date and that they recall me - October, 14- October 23,2020

Passport Processing in Ireland is paused due to Ireland being in Phased 5 of the COVID 19 Framework and they must get down to Level 3, pause is 6 weeks - October 21,2020 - 12/1/2020

Irish Consulate/NYC office scans application, original documents, other documents and photos which are then sitting in queue for processing by Ireland when they resume processing - November 19, 2020

Application appears on Irish Passport processing tracker reflecting In-Process Status - December 4, 2020

Passport Arrives in Consulate of NYC office via Diplomatic Bag - January 13, 2021

Irish Consulate prepares Fedex Overnight delivery envelope and stuffs with Passport and all documents included with the application - January 13, 2021

Fedex Overnight delivery envelope with Passport and all documents included with the application received at home in USA/NJ, required signature - January 14, 2021

Process Completed!!!!
Now I am super super super IRISH!! I wait for the pandemic to improve and wait some time then finally travel to Ireland for the first time ever!!!
🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪☘️☘️☘️☘️🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

BigDaddy100
United States of America

Post by BigDaddy100 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:59 pm

IrishNJUSAMan wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:38 am

Hello Everyone!!!!

Process Completed!!!!
🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪☘️☘️☘️☘️🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Congrats to you, IrishNJUSAMan!! Glad you're going to wait until conditions improve.

I just sent my passport app to the consulate last week. Hope to do a research trip next year. My paternal grandmother was from county Cavan. I'm still trying to pinpoint my surname line (arrived in NJ around 1810-20). In the mid-1800s, the surname was most common in counties Down and Antrim.

Berthalily18
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Berthalily18 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:25 pm

DanaMarie wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:22 am
Berthalily18 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:13 pm
Hi again. So....I have now managed to obtain all relevant documents from various kinds of research etc, except my grandparents' marriage certificate. There is simply no record of their marriage. I have searched beyond the obvious Irish country (Waterford); I have searched a ridiculously wide period of time for the marriage record. I have even searched the UK records extensively, just in case. Nothing. I engaged the assistance of a chap in the Waterford Heritage Centre, who also drew a blank. He even went to the church he thought might have some records that aren't online, but still nothing. He says that the church's records for that particular period are simply not there. I surmise that something must have happened to them. I am pretty certain my grandparents DID marry. The Irish authorities must surely have witnessed my kind of problem before? Does anyone have any idea what I should do, or what the FBR people might think of this situation? Many thanks.
I had the same situation and in the end had to concede that it was very likely my grandparents never "legally" married though my grandmother was a devout Catholic to her dying day, was very active in the church community, and baptized my father and uncles. So I hired an immigration attorney who drafted an affidavit wherein we stated that even though they presented themselves as a married couple in all documents and in life, they had never entered a legal or civil marriage and then we presented all the evidence of my exhaustive search for a marriage record. I was entered into the FBR a year ago without issue or question.
Thank you. It seems so strange they wouldn't have just got married. I would have thought a marriage certificate might have been requested from them at some stage of their lives, eg coming to the UK, getting rooms in London and then from the council, and so on. Maybe the disruption occurring around the end of the 1910s caused issues before they came to the UK. Thanks again.

mcmccarthy
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mcmccarthy » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:29 pm

Fish Fry wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:30 pm
Thanks for the reply Pb300. It's good to know I'm not alone. If anyone else filed around mid-2019 and haven't heard anything yet, please post so we know there are others in our position. I don't really have the time to try to call the FBR office, so I guess I'll just continue to wait.
Hey there--I heard back on 8/20/19 that they received my application and supporting documents. Waiting patiently with the rest of our mid-2019 and later group! Good luck to all.

Brent28
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Brent28 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:02 am

mcmccarthy wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:29 pm
Fish Fry wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:30 pm
Hey there--I heard back on 8/20/19 that they received my application and supporting documents. Waiting patiently with the rest of our mid-2019 and later group! Good luck to all.
I am right there with you both. I received my "Documents Received" email 26 August, 2019, then not a word since. I am planning to try to check up on via the chat function I have heard mentioned on here once its open again.

circlethewagons12
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by circlethewagons12 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:31 pm

So I'm starting to get nervous about the shutdown and lack of action on FBR certificates.

I received an email on August 20/2019 saying that they have received my application and supporting documents and it said it would take 6 months to process and I have noticed on here that the wait time is now between 12-18 months but with the shutdown I'm nervous it will be longer.

I was planning on moving to Ireland at the end of September, early October of this year and I'm worried I wont have everything I need to make this happen

My significant other is planning on taking her Masters at Trinity this year So we thought if I sent in my application in August of 2019 it would be plenty of time and we wouldn't be in this situation and now we're unsure if we should put our plans on hold for a year (which is really not ideal) or forge ahead.

aleapples
Newly Registered
Croatia

Post by aleapples » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:02 pm

I'm in the same boat - Aug 2019 applicant and have plans to move to an EU country later in the year. However I still think I will get my passport by the summer.

I reckon processing of applications will resume around Mid March, and as it look likes some Aug 19 applications have already been processed I reckon I will be 6 weeks at the latest until I get my confirmation, and then another few weeks to get my certificate. Then passport will take another couple of months, so I'm estimating around start of July for my passport.

Obviously this is all dependent on covid dying down in the Spring, but I'm very confident this will happen.

Brent28
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Brent28 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:21 am

FBR Friends,

My apologies in advance if this question has already been answered on here. A topic search did not yield the information that I need.

I would like to know if there is a current email address at which I can reach out to the FBR team, as the webchat function does not seem to be available at this point in time.

I would appreciate any help available from you all, as I need to get in contact with the team for two reasons.

First and foremost, my younger sister got married in September and is now pregnant, with a due date in mid-July, 2021. I am one document away from having a full set for her (the remaining one is on order) and need to know exactly what to do to expedite her application. We have already submitted her online application and I have a witness ready to sign for her once the final piece of her paperwork arrives. However, given the difficulties that the department is experiencing right now, I want to make sure that we get the expedition right on the first go, so that my future niece/nephew does not lose out on the confirmation of her/his Irish heritage due to my incompetence.

Second, I submitted my own application in August of 2019, with my "Documents Received" email from the DFA coming in on 23 August 2019. I have no qualms with the delays due to the Brexit influx and following corona crisis, but at this point I would like assurance that my application is still in the pipeline. I submitted a complete application and document set, as far as i can tell, but after seeing multiple of you and I's fellow applicants from August 2019 and later receive their address confirmations/congratulations emails/FBR certificates/ etc., the total lack of communication I have experienced has left me a bit perturbed.

In summary, I know the DFA is doing their best, and I appreciate their hard work during this complicated time, but I need to talk to them. So if any of you have an email address that you have had luck with in reaching them, I would greatly appreciate you sharing it with me.

Best Regards and Luck to all,
Brent

Corkythecat

Post by Corkythecat » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:07 pm

This is posted on the FBR page at the moment.

Foreign Births Registration/Citizenship

The processing of Foreign Birth Registrations will resume at Level 3 of the National Framework for Living with COVID-19.

If you have an urgent query, such as you are an expectant parent, please contact us through the Passport Service webchat team
. ( https://www.dfa.ie/passports/contact/)

The passport page however says that they do not have access FBR details but it would look appropriate to contact them. I suspect they may make exceptions for genuine priority cases. They have closed the FBR webchat link on their page but the passport page has been active during office hours.

I am an August 2019 applicant too and have heard nothing yet. I contacted the webchat in Sept 2020 and they confirmed my documents were there and safe but I sensed they were a bit tired of reassuring those just waiting.

It is worth having your sister's query concise and ready in a text document so you can copy, paste and send in the webchat as soon as it's your turn . Others have said the webchat cuts out if nothing is entered on it within a short time.

Best of luck.