ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement scheme for parent of Irish citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lily1891
Newly Registered

Re: EU Settlement scheme for parent of Irish citizen

Post by Lily1891 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:57 pm

Shanice wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:42 am
Hi Lily,

All the best with your application. I have an existing derivative rights based on Chen, issues when my son was 14. He’s also Irish. I am currently applying for the EUSS, he’s 17 now, but will be turning 18 towards the end of the year. I think what kamoe was trying to say is that, caseworkers can sometimes be legalistic and pedantic, unfortunately as part of doing their jobs effectively. Objectivity can often times not come into it.
I was also advised that applying for my EUSS on the year he turns 18, could be problematic. The only advantage I have, is I was granted it previously, I have fully exercised it, and I continue to do so. Incidentally, I was granted it( chen) in any case till 2022, when he would turn 19, in the first instance.

I don’t think anybody on this forum wishes for anybody to be rejected. I also believe that often, being prepared for the sometimes arbitrary nature of their decisions, allows you plan and prepare for plan b, eg Dependent parent. Please note that it is not the wish or prayer of any parent on a dependent visa to be ‘dependent’ on their child, if you get what I mean 😊.

You sound like a great mum, with a positive energy and attitude. Kamoe was simply speaking to you as a ‘potential case worker’ and not a ‘friend’... no caseworker is a friend and they won’t consider your positive energy or indeed your good intentions, it’s not their job to.

Please keep us posted, as we keep you in our prayers. We all here, are hoping our individual cases are treated humanely and with compassion, and when they are not, I think this is a great place to for support and hard facts.

I have to add, I was rejected when I applied for chen, on the grounds that we could very well return and leave my 14 year old son in a boarding house, we were also told my other Dependent younger non EU son could stay with relatives in our homes country, AND that I showed not enough evidence that I was flushed with enough cash to never be dependent on the state. This with all the evidence I provided of my fathers enormous (said humbly and for context only) wealth, and the fact that I was educated privately in boarding schools and university in the UK from the age of 13 to 23. I never applied to naturalise because, well.. it never occurred to me .. loll. By the time it did, I was already back in my home country and broke my stay. I had to go to court at great legal expense, and the judge overturned the decision and adjudged their reasons as baseless. This took all of 18 months!!!

Evidence and probable backing is not always enough.

Please stay positive.. I genuinely hope yours is a testimony and a celebration. Keep us updated, I’ll also keep the group updated about my own case. Just reading people’s accounts gives hope and allows for better application strategies.

Thanks Kamoe, I’ve always enjoyed reading your objective responses x

Chin up Lilly... your story will be a testimony

S x
Thanks for sharing your experience, your advice and encouragement. I also pray my case will be a testimony.

When I get a response from the EU resolution centre, regarding my enquiry on whether scanned/photocopied documents are acceptable, I'll apply and keep this forum updated.

Cheers,
Lily

Lily1891
Newly Registered

Post by Lily1891 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:13 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:12 am
Lily1891 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:23 am
Wish me luck Kamoe.
I already did. :D I thought you had noticed.
Hi Kamoe,

I felt you came at me too strongly, I misunderstood your intentions and I apologise.
I appreciate that you started this thread and you are always quick to respond to my queries. I'll certainly bring more questions and concerns to this forum and I hope you keep responding (Please be nice 😄).

Thanks for your advice and for wishing me well 🙂.

Cheers,
Lily

Lily1891
Newly Registered

Post by Lily1891 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:16 pm

JB007 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:29 am
Lily1891 wrote:
Please try to air your concerns regarding other people's cases nicely, tone down the harshness, you almost sound angry, like I am coming to live in your house.

That is not true imho he tries to help people. He knows how you feel because if you read his first posts on this forum, you will see that he too is a non-EEA citizen who has used an EU citizen for the EU Setttlement Scheme. He is on the forum giving his time for free to try to help others.
Lily1891 wrote:
Most of us coming in will add value and not burden the country we find ourselves in.
If you have the skills the UK wants, have you looked at applying for these visas as a Plan B? Both lead to settlement.
https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa
or
https://www.gov.uk/innovator-visa
I see your point.Thanks for the link.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:35 pm

Lily1891 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:13 pm
I felt you came at me too strongly, I misunderstood your intentions and I apologise.
No worries. I see your point. Sorry to have caused the wrong impression.
Do let us know how your situation progresses.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.