ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - Old address on bank statements (Financial requirement only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lewys120
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

FLR(M) - Confusing questions/form

Post by lewys120 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:30 am

Background

I am a British Citizen from birth.
I met my Chinese wife in December 2015 whilst we were both students at the same university. We resided together for around a year before her student visa expired on 30/01/2017.

In May 2018 she was granted a spouse visa and came to the UK in June that year.

Her current BRP expires on 10/02/2021.

We have a wonderful daughter together, born 09/2020. We have no children from previous relationships.

Fast forward to today and I’ve just prepared the draft of her application for FLR(M) but have a few questions. Having searched the forum for the answers to the bulk, a few remain and any assistance would be very appreciated.

Questions

1. It is not obvious to me that the form I’m filling is a FLR(M) application as it asks questions such as ‘Have you met your partner?’

We answered this as part of the application for the first spouse visa. I have just answered ‘Yes’ and given the dates we met, and our relationship began.

The type of visa/application notes ‘Family route’

2. Shared financial responsibilities – I pay everything as I am the sole breadwinner at present as my wife is the primary caregiver to our daughter since she was born. She did however put down 50% of the deposit for our home purchase and the mortgage is in both our names.

As a result, I have listed the mortgage as a shared responsibility but noted I pay it all as the question asks for a split. Am I better of just selecting ‘no’ here?
3. ‘When did you start living together in a relationship?’

As noted in the introduction, we lived together as joint tenants as students (just us in the house, not a HMO).

Do I put the date of our first tenancy together down, back in 2016 or do I put the date we started living together since she arrived on the initial spouse visa?

To further complicate this, it then asks, ‘Where have you lived together?’ but only allows me to enter one address. We have had four separate addresses since she came to the UK on this spouse visa. I have had to enter these addresses later on in the application TWICE for both of us under the questions:

‘Please give details of any previous addresses (Including country if outside the UK), how long you lived there and whether you lived at this address with your partner?

This makes me think that I’ve entered these addresses in the wrong place?

4. Evidence we’ve been living together

The application asks for:

‘Items of correspondence at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category or from the date you started living together covering the last 2 years’
When my wife first arrived in the UK I was between accommodation so we stayed with my parents for 1 month.

As it’s asking for the last 2 years, do I need to just include evidence from January 2019 onwards or from her first arrival including a letter from my parents for that month?

5. Children

I have answered ‘Yes’ to the question ‘do you have any children under 18?’ and then ‘No’ to ‘Are all of your children applying with you on this application’.

It then asks for a reason and I’ve noted

‘Child is already entitled to remain in the UK’

Is this ok?

6. Marriage Certificate

We have a certified translation dated 2018 from our initial application. Can I re-use this or should I pay to get it re-translated?

7. Ensuring application is FLR(M)

I have provided the following answers to my wife’s UK Immigration status
“What type of visa, leave to enter do you currently have” – Family

“On what basis did you apply for your current visa, leave to enter or remain” – I have answered As the partner of a British Citizen.

Is it these answers that puts the application on the FLR(M) route? I’m just paranoid I have filled the incorrect form.

Thanks in advance for this valuable assistance. I appreciate it's a long ol' list so in the absence of the time to answer, if someone could recommend a reasonable paid service I could also forward these questions on.

Thanks!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) - Confusing questions/form

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:39 pm

lewys120 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:30 am
Background

I am a British Citizen from birth.
I met my Chinese wife in December 2015 whilst we were both students at the same university. We resided together for around a year before her student visa expired on 30/01/2017.

In May 2018 she was granted a spouse visa and came to the UK in June that year.

Her current BRP expires on 10/02/2021.

We have a wonderful daughter together, born 09/2020. We have no children from previous relationships.

Fast forward to today and I’ve just prepared the draft of her application for FLR(M) but have a few questions. Having searched the forum for the answers to the bulk, a few remain and any assistance would be very appreciated.

Questions

1. It is not obvious to me that the form I’m filling is a FLR(M) application as it asks questions such as ‘Have you met your partner?’

We answered this as part of the application for the first spouse visa. I have just answered ‘Yes’ and given the dates we met, and our relationship began.

The type of visa/application notes ‘Family route’
Most of the forms are generic it is your responses and as you progress in the application that narrows it down for you.
2. Shared financial responsibilities – I pay everything as I am the sole breadwinner at present as my wife is the primary caregiver to our daughter since she was born. She did however put down 50% of the deposit for our home purchase and the mortgage is in both our names.

As a result, I have listed the mortgage as a shared responsibility but noted I pay it all as the question asks for a split. Am I better of just selecting ‘no’ here? Your response ok
3. ‘When did you start living together in a relationship?’

As noted in the introduction, we lived together as joint tenants as students (just us in the house, not a HMO).

Do I put the date of our first tenancy together down, back in 2016 or do I put the date we started living together since she arrived on the initial spouse visa?

To further complicate this, it then asks, ‘Where have you lived together?’ but only allows me to enter one address. We have had four separate addresses since she came to the UK on this spouse visa. I have had to enter these addresses later on in the application TWICE for both of us under the questions:

‘Please give details of any previous addresses (Including country if outside the UK), how long you lived there and whether you lived at this address with your partner?

This makes me think that I’ve entered these addresses in the wrong place? Provide further information in additional notes or cover letter

4. Evidence we’ve been living together

The application asks for:

‘Items of correspondence at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category or from the date you started living together covering the last 2 years’
When my wife first arrived in the UK I was between accommodation so we stayed with my parents for 1 month.

As it’s asking for the last 2 years, do I need to just include evidence from January 2019 onwards or from her first arrival including a letter from my parents for that month? 2years counting backward from date of application.

5. Children

I have answered ‘Yes’ to the question ‘do you have any children under 18?’ and then ‘No’ to ‘Are all of your children applying with you on this application’.

It then asks for a reason and I’ve noted

‘Child is already entitled to remain in the UK’

Is this ok? Yes

6. Marriage Certificate

We have a certified translation dated 2018 from our initial application. Can I re-use this or should I pay to get it re-translated? Reuse it

7. Ensuring application is FLR(M)

I have provided the following answers to my wife’s UK Immigration status
“What type of visa, leave to enter do you currently have” – Family

“On what basis did you apply for your current visa, leave to enter or remain” – I have answered As the partner of a British Citizen.

Is it these answers that puts the application on the FLR(M) route? I’m just paranoid I have filled the incorrect form. Correct form

Thanks in advance for this valuable assistance. I appreciate it's a long ol' list so in the absence of the time to answer, if someone could recommend a reasonable paid service I could also forward these questions on.

Thanks!

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:45 pm

It is the correct application form but be aware some of the questions asked are very weird but as mentioned above it is the correct application.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

lewys120
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by lewys120 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:52 pm

Thank you both for your replies - it is a massive help.

One final question I have is the financial requirement.

I recieved a payrise in the last 6 months so am not sure what salary to put down? If I put down my latest salary the first 2 months payslips would be lower pro-rata than what I stated.

I'm thinking just put current salary and get employer to sign letter on headed paper noting salaries and dates active from?

No complication on the requirement front as first salary was above the £18,600 requirement.

Thanks in advance.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:04 pm

lewys120 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:52 pm

I recieved a payrise in the last 6 months so am not sure what salary to put down? If I put down my latest salary the first 2 months payslips would be lower pro-rata than what I stated.

I'm thinking just put current salary and get employer to sign letter on headed paper noting salaries and dates active from? Current salary and caseworker will take the lowest salary during the last 6 months.

No complication on the requirement front as first salary was above the £18,600 requirement.

Thanks in advance.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:18 pm

lewys120 wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:52 pm

I'm thinking just put current salary and get employer to sign letter on headed paper noting salaries and dates active from?

Thanks in advance.
The salary that is on the employer letter is what you should state for corroboration of immediate evidence with date started work with them and state start receiving current level of salary clearly showing nothing to worry about.

Previous payslip which is lower and also included as evidence can be explained in cover letter.

lewys120
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by lewys120 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:17 pm

I'm probably over-thinking this but in one of the tenancy agreements, my wife is referred to as 'Miss' throughout and not 'Mrs' - typeo on the agent's behalf.

I'm assuming there won't be an issue with this or should I contact the letting agency to get an amendment?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:31 pm

lewys120 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:17 pm
I'm probably over-thinking this but in one of the tenancy agreements, my wife is referred to as 'Miss' throughout and not 'Mrs' - typeo on the agent's behalf.

I'm assuming there won't be an issue with this or should I contact the letting agency to get an amendment?

Thanks
Overthinking completely!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lewys120
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by lewys120 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:08 pm

Thought so!

Could someone also please briefly take a quick look at what I'm providing as proof we've been living together for 2 years (I just need to confirm this is a sufficient even 'spread')

Application will be 10/01/2021 so evidence provided will need to be from 10/01/2019 (or there about)

1. Tenancy agreement for Address 1 dated 21/06/2018 in my name with my wife listed as a 'permitted occupier'.

2. Council Tax bill for Address 1 dated 15/03/2019 in both our names

3. Tenancy agreement for address 2 dated 24/05/2019 in both our names.

4. Water bill for address 2 to 'Mr Thomas, Mrs Thomas' although my wife retained her maiden name but is an 'also known as' with 'Thomas' dated 10/10/2019

5. Council Tax adjustment notice for Address 2 dated 10/01/2020 in both our names.

6. Letter from bank confirming mortgage account is now open for Address 3 dated 02/04/2020 in both our names

7. Council tax bill for Address 3 in both our names dated 15/09/2020

8. Water bill for address 3 in both our names dated in January 2021 (due to arrive)

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:14 pm

The first document can be from January 2019. The next can be dated 5 or 4 months later... and so on until 24 months are covered.

The number of sources appears to be ok.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

lewys120
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by lewys120 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:37 am

Korekt wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:14 pm
The first document can be from January 2019. The next can be dated 5 or 4 months later... and so on until 24 months are covered.

The number of sources appears to be ok.
Hi Korekt - thanks for getting back to me.

I can't find anything from January 2019 - is it ok to provide from mid 2018 then March 2019 as above?

Thanks in advance

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:54 am

Appears to be an interval of about 9 months.

Nothing in December 2018 even?
It is really the 2 years before the application date that is requested to be covered.

Do what you can to start with a date closest to the 2 years prior and thereafter spread it evenly about every 4 or 5 months up to the application date.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

lewys120
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

FLR(M) - Old address on bank statements (Financial requirement only)

Post by lewys120 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:45 pm

Hi all,

I went to the bank today to receive signed and stamped bank statements for the last 6 months.

I found 2 issues:

1. I moved house in 04/2020 and to my horror found out today I had changed addresses with my bank so the previous 6 months statements all note my old address!

As I'm not relying on this as the correspondence that we have been living together I'm thinking it'll be fine as it is only submitted for consideration of financial requirements but wanted to see what other's thought?

2. Also, one statement they provided me with ends on the 3rd of October and the next starts 5th of October, missing a day. WIll this be an issue?

Thanks