ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Revenue asking for residency status / Immigration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sanchop
Newly Registered
Ireland

Revenue asking for residency status / Immigration

Post by sanchop » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:57 am

Hi everyone.

I advised my partner to do her tax return on revenue last week and they came back asking for her residency status, date of arrival in Ireland and date of departure, to process her docs.

The scenario is: her visa expired on September/2019. She was due to go to Italy on May/2020 to get her citizenship recognized and everything was cancelled because of COVID. Now she has everything set to go in May.

She lost her job in February/2020 because of Covid (she used to work in a pub). She only applied for the PUP in August because she had some money saved and she didn't want to use the welfare being undocumented. It became unsustainable as the Covid situation developed and then she applied. Since August/September she is receiving the PUP and I am helping her financially. Just to be clear: she is not scamming the PUP.

The question is: what should she reply to the Revenue? Will she lose the PUP if she doesn't respond? If she responds that she doesn't have a valid visa and didn't leave Ireland, will this be forwarded to Immigration?

I did see somewhere that people undocumented would be eligible for the Pup...

I am feeling very anxious. It was me who told her to do her tax return (she wouldn't even have anything to receive, it was just to keep everything up to date).

I hope someone can advise... Thank you so much!

PS: I'm on a Critical Skills but I think that they would refuse her visa if we get married as she is not legally residing here at the moment.

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Revenue asking for residency status / Immigration

Post by Vorona » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:10 am

sanchop wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:57 am
The question is: what should she reply to the Revenue?
If this person is important for you, tell them truth before things become worse.
The same for GNIB. It will be better if she tells them about her status before they find out.