ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorce on Spousal visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Toughgetsgoing
Newly Registered

Divorce on Spousal visa

Post by Toughgetsgoing » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:39 pm

Me and my soon to be ex husband are in the process of a divorce, I filed the petition for the divorce and a decree nisi was granted before his 10 years had been acheived. We have a child together of school age and he is making a leave to remain application. Things between us are amicable and have not been acrimonious. I am hoping he can stay so we can co-parent as we get on. He has informed the home office that we are separating, how likely is he to be granted leave to remain. Any advice would be welcome, thank you.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Divorce on Spousal visa

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:20 pm

Toughgetsgoing wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:39 pm
Me and my soon to be ex husband are in the process of a divorce, I filed the petition for the divorce and a decree nisi was granted before his 10 years had been acheived. We have a child together of school age and he is making a leave to remain application. Things between us are amicable and have not been acrimonious. I am hoping he can stay so we can co-parent as we get on. He has informed the home office that we are separating, how likely is he to be granted leave to remain. Any advice would be welcome, thank you.
What is your immigration status?
Has the child been living here for more than 7 years?
What application he is trying to make?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Toughgetsgoing
Newly Registered

Post by Toughgetsgoing » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:29 pm

I am a British citizen and I was born and raised here. Our child was born here and she is 5 years old. He is trying to make an application using the 10yr LR route.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:42 pm

Toughgetsgoing wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:29 pm
I am a British citizen and I was born and raised here. Our child was born here and she is 5 years old. He is trying to make an application using the 10yr LR route.
FLR(FP) parent route may be appropriate for him unless he has 10 years of lawful continuous residence, then he can apply for ILR directly under long residence SET(LR)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Toughgetsgoing
Newly Registered

Post by Toughgetsgoing » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:06 pm

Thank you for your help, much appreciated