ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply settle status for EU family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

qazqwer333

Apply settle status for EU family member

Post by qazqwer333 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:27 pm

Hi
I am EU family member. Living with my EU citizen wife from 5 years and 6 months. But BRC card issue in AUG2017. Before two years as in cohabitation. Can someone know, Can i apply for SETTLED STSTUS now. Or i need to wait untill AUG 2022. What i know before brexit some people apply after 3 years from BRC issues. They got the same status as the EU citizen have. If some know about this , PLEASE HELP
THXS

secret.simon

Re: Apply settle status for EU family member

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:43 pm

You can apply for Settled Status five years after the earliest of the three events listed below;

a) your marriage to an EEA citizen if the marriage took place in the UK, OR
b) your entry into the UK after your marriage to an EEA citizen abroad, OR
c) the issue date of an EEA EFM Residence Card as the durable partner of an EEA citizen (if that was issued to you before your marriage).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:44 pm

When did you get married?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

qazqwer333

Post by qazqwer333 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:03 pm

I got marry AUG 2018. But i got my BRC Card in SEP 2017.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:14 pm

qazqwer333 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:03 pm
I got marry AUG 2018. But i got my BRC Card in SEP 2017.
Oh OK I thought you had gotten married before your card was issued.

Then as per discussed by @secret.simon above, you will be eligible for Settled Status in September 2022.

Time in cohabitation as unmarried partner without a card does NOT count, your clock starts when your card was issued.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

qazqwer333

Post by qazqwer333 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:32 pm

THANKS kAMEO AND SIMON FOR UR HELP. :D