ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslip query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Payslip query

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:20 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:58 pm
So essentially, when applying under Cat A, one can have different amounts paid each month, but it would be the lowest salary amount that they will take into consideration to see whether we meet the 18,600£ per-annum criteria.
I mean, it doesn't have to be fixed amount every month, as long as you are employed by the same employer and have monthly payslips?
Under category A the income do vary most often even someone is a salaried person especially when undertake overtime. In that case lowest wage figure is considered but overtime amount is calculated by taking the annualised average which then added back.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:59 pm

If my partner chooses to do IELTS Academic UKVI: what is the minimum score to be achieved for a spouse visa?
I was under the impression it was 4 in speaking and listening.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:09 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:59 pm
If my partner chooses to do IELTS Academic UKVI: what is the minimum score to be achieved for a spouse visa?
I was under the impression it was 4 in speaking and listening.
B1 IELTS for UKVI requires

Listening: 4.0;
Speaking: 4.0;
Reading: 4.0;
Writing: 4.0

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prove-your- ... -test-selt
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:59 pm

my partner did IELTS UKVI Academic and got 4, 4.5, 4.5 and 5.
Is this sufficient given that UKVI Academic has different types like A1, B1, etc that require different minimum scores.
This is for a spouse visa.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:23 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:59 pm
my partner did IELTS UKVI Academic and got 4, 4.5, 4.5 and 5.
Is this sufficient given that UKVI Academic has different types like A1, B1, etc that require different minimum scores.
This is for a spouse visa.
Read the link posted above and click on the link to see list of grades for IELTS academic for UKVI.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:45 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:20 pm
coolthomas wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:58 pm
So essentially, when applying under Cat A, one can have different amounts paid each month, but it would be the lowest salary amount that they will take into consideration to see whether we meet the 18,600£ per-annum criteria.
I mean, it doesn't have to be fixed amount every month, as long as you are employed by the same employer and have monthly payslips?
Under category A the income do vary most often even someone is a salaried person especially when undertake overtime. In that case lowest wage figure is considered but overtime amount is calculated by taking the annualised average which then added back.
so in my case. My payslip from aug has had the same amount of money, but due to the retro payment calculated in July, my gross payment in August payslip was 5500 while rest of the months it has been
e.g july 5500 ( which includes my pay for both June i.e 2650 and july i/e 2850) , Aug- Dec 2850
I'm providing payslips from July, therefore will they take 2850£ as the lowest salary as that's what I have received essentially from July onto Dec or 2650£ which just happened to be worked out on my July payslip as retro for the month before.

What I'm requiring clarification for is, if they will take the gross pay of July as 5500£ ( which includes July and June salary ) or 2850£ which is what my gross salary has been for July-Dec

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:37 am

The lowest income received during the last 6 months would be taken and multiply by 12.

Your employer should definitely explain the reason you have been paid twice for certain period in your employment letter to alert the caseworker to avoid carrying out unnecessary checks. How many payslips do you currently have? and how long have you been with your employer?

When do you intend to apply?

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:01 am

Sorry previous message had a typo.
"so in my case. My payslip from Sept has had the same amount of money, but due to the retro payment calculated in Aug , my gross payment in August payslip was 5500 while rest of the months it has been
e.g August 5500 ( which includes my pay for both July i.e 2650 and August i/e 2850) , Sept - Dec 2850
I'm providing payslips from Aug , therefore will they take 2850£ as the lowest salary as that's what I have received essentially from July onto Dec or 2650£ which just happened to be worked out on my Aug payslip as retro for the month before.

What I'm requiring clarification for is, if they will take the gross pay of Aug as 5500£ ( which includes July and Aug salary ) or 2850£ which is what my gross salary has been for July-Dec"

I have been employed since July, and to date have 5 payslips, I am hoping to apply in February. i meet the minimum financial requirements.
I didn't get paid twice, due to an error in my July payslip generation, they paid me as BACS in July, and in my August payslip along with my pay for AUgust, they calculated what "I should have been paid " in July : this is under RETRO payment on the payslip and deducted the amount they paid me in July.
SO for my August payslip: Gross amount is 5500£ ( that includes 2850 for aug and 2650 in July- what i should have been paid in July) from this, 5500£ they deducted the tax for Aug and the amount I got paid as BACS in July, so my actual pay in August after all this deduction was less than what i usually get paid.

I already had to postpone my application due to COVID, therefore did not want to postpone my application again due to this August payslip issue.ALthough I also don't want a rejection due to this.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:15 am

DId your employer issued each payslips or combined them together due to the RETRO payment? Either they take 2650 or £2850 both of them does meet the financial requirement. You are getting worried too much and also ensure your employer explained the issue in your employment letter to alert the caseworker of the discrepancy in your pay.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:22 pm

Due to the BACS payment in July, I had no payslip in July. In August payslip, they calculated all that so my gross shown in August is 5500 which is both Aug and July pay, but I'm starting to count 6 months payslip from Aug-Jan.
So I'll be submitting Aug- Jan payslip and bank statement.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:59 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:22 pm
Due to the BACS payment in July, I had no payslip in July. In August payslip, they calculated all that so my gross shown in August is 5500 which is both Aug and July pay, but I'm starting to count 6 months payslip from Aug-Jan.
Either a pay slip is created or explanation given in employer letter to address the combo payment.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:34 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:22 pm
Good idea and just address the issue. I have no doubt you would be fine.

Good luck

medic123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by medic123 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:05 pm

Hi all.

Quick query from me. I am paid weekly so will be using 26 weeks payslips. My payslip has 2 dates on there. 1 is the pay date and the other is the week i am paid for (i am paid 1 week later). Which date should i use? e.g. will the 28 days start from the pay date or the date i worked? (pay date is 22nd Jan and 'week ending date worked' date will ne 15 jan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:18 pm

medic123 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:05 pm
Hi all.

Quick query from me. I am paid weekly so will be using 26 weeks payslips. My payslip has 2 dates on there. 1 is the pay date and the other is the week i am paid for (i am paid 1 week later). Which date should i use? e.g. will the 28 days start from the pay date or the date i worked? (pay date is 22nd Jan and 'week ending date worked' date will ne 15 jan
Please continue in your own topic you have. It is unfair to the original poster of this topic if you keep tagging your questions here!!!

immigration-for-family-members/financia ... l#p1950890
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:16 pm

when completing the online form, is it possible to save as draft and complete the form slowly over a few days before submitting the online form.
Is Priority service available in India?
Anyone aware of how promptly the appointments in India are available.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:56 am

when applying from India, some agencies are asking for a PCC ( police clearance certificate), I was under the impression that this is not a requirement for UK spouse visa applicants. Is that still the case or is it necessary.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:47 am

coolthomas wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:16 pm
when completing the online form, is it possible to save as draft and complete the form slowly over a few days before submitting the online form.
Is Priority service available in India?
Anyone aware of how promptly the appointments in India are available.
Yes you can save the application and continue later but application is open 10 weeks and check with your VAC for priority services if it is not available online.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:16 pm

I had a few questions regarding the application
1. Is it ok to put down as having more than one email id but just specifying which one for UKGOV to use for contacting us
2. I have a degree that was taught in English but won't be using it as I don't have a NARIC certificate, instead, I wrote the IELTS exam and will be submitting that. Is it advisable just to state no in the question " Do you have a degree that was taught in English"

3. Under details of where I will be living, I will be living with my wife, in the house owned by my MIL. there is a question is this the home of a family member, do I add my wife's details or my mother in laws details. as there is also a different topic under about your accommodation where it asks if my wife owns the property and I will be stating my MIL's details os unsure as to whos name as family member's home to put in, wife's/ MIL.

And under additional information, is it advisable to document the payslips issues to bring it to their notice.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:53 pm

can anyone help with the above mentioned questions?

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:00 pm

If and when one gets a spouse visa approved, how long do we have to enter the UK, is it 30 days or 3 months, by which we need to enter the UK.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:00 pm

90 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:57 pm

If due to personal circumstances, the applicant can't enter the country within the 90 days of visa granted, is it possible to extend the duration by which the applicant needs to enter, say by one more month i.e. 120days?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:11 am

You can extend the Vignette for another period.

At the moment vignette are granted for 90 days and unless the HO decide to start granting vignette as it was previously which is 30 days then it will be granted for another 90 days.

coolthomas
India

Post by coolthomas » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:21 pm

Essentially, I have an exam at the end of August that I need to do before travelling, if the visa is granted say for e.g. by end of April, 90 days vignette will only be upto end of July. Can we contact HO and extend it further. Do we need to pay for the extension.

Thanks in advance.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:32 pm

coolthomas wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:21 pm
Essentially, I have an exam at the end of August that I need to do before travelling, if the visa is granted say for e.g. by end of April, 90 days vignette will only be upto end of July. Can we contact HO and extend it further. Do we need to pay for the extension.

Thanks in advance.
You have to pay to extend your vignette each time and you also have to attend bio appointment.