ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent of ICT tier 2 to Skilled worker dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kavya belavadi
Newly Registered
India

PBS Dependent of ICT tier 2 to Skilled worker dependent

Post by Kavya belavadi » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:18 pm

Hi there,
I am on PBS dependent leave to remain Visa of a ICT tier 2 long term main applicant. Both my PBS dependent and my main applicant's T2 ICT expire in Feb 2022.
If main applicant now applies for a new Skilled worker visa from a different sponsor (company), Will my existing PBS dependent visa be valid until Feb 2022 or should I apply for new one along with main applicant?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent of ICT tier 2 to Skilled worker dependent

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:30 pm

If the skilled worker visa is granted, your PBS dependent visa will be cancelled.

If you get a skilled worker visa and then apply as a dependent with your spouse, your skilled worker visa will be cancelled.

You cannot hold two visas for the UK at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kavya belavadi
Newly Registered
India

Re: PBS Dependent of ICT tier 2 to Skilled worker dependent

Post by Kavya belavadi » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:39 pm

Hi there, thank you for the reply.
Please read through my question once again. I am not applying for a skilled worker visa, my husband is, who was on ICT tier 2 long term and me as his PBS dependent. While his Visa will change to skilled visa now, I can still hold the existing PBS dependent BRP until it expires in FEB 2022?