ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRP Card Renewal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lion2208
Newly Registered
Ireland

IRP Card Renewal

Post by Lion2208 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:03 am

I applied for my IRP card renewal online. I am a permanent resident. On the acknowledgment email it says (No need to send any original documents by post as they been uploaded already scan copies) and that they are discontinuing to put stamp on the passport so there won’t be any stamp on it.
Can someone please advise if I should be sending them original docs by post or not? And also how long it takes to get the new card through this system. Thank you

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: IRP Card Renewal

Post by littlerr » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:20 pm

The email asked you not to send anything, so why do you still want to do that?
The processing time is usually 3 weeks, although it can be a bit longer due to COVID.

ssireland
India

Post by ssireland » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:47 pm

Currently I am out of Ireland and coming back only next month just before the IRP expiry. Can I do the IRP renewal online now from abroad? I will be home to receive the new IRP card though by post .

Lion2208
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lion2208 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:53 pm

@littlerr, I know it says on the email not to send anything by post unless you are asked to do it. I just wanted to make sure if it is right.

GlacierDub
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by GlacierDub » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:10 pm