ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will I receive both Naturalisation Certificate and Passport together?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

premebe555

Will I receive both Naturalisation Certificate and Passport together?

Post by premebe555 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:54 pm

Hi All,

I need your help. I have applied for Naturalisation on December 14, 2020. And submitted my biometric during appointment.
My Question is Will I receive both Naturalisation Certificate and Passport together ? Or Do I need to apply for British passport separately once I received naturalisation Certificate?

I have heard, recently they deliver both naturalisation Certificate and Passport together from 2020. Is it correct?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Will I receive both Naturalisation Certificate and Passport together?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:00 pm

Where did you hear that?

No, you have to apply separately for a passport, around £80.

The facility to apply for a passport at the same time (JCAP) was discontinued three years ago.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:01 pm

Will I receive both Naturalisation Certificate and Passport together ?

No you do not.
Or Do I need to apply for British passport separately once I received naturalisation Certificate?
Yes. Passport is a completely separate application and you can only do this after your ceremony when you have the certificate
I have heard, recently they deliver both naturalisation Certificate and Passport together from 2020. Is it correct?
No, you heard wrong.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

premebe555

Post by premebe555 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:10 pm

Thank you for your quick reply!

So after getting naturalisation Certificate, do I need to book an another appointment for Passport application to give biometric and photo?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:11 pm

You apply online for a passport and post your original documents. Then you simply wait.

HMPO deals with passports, not UKVi.

There is no biometric for passports.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

premebe555

Post by premebe555 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:07 pm

Thank you for your reply.!

Sorry I have one more question,

After receiving my Naturalisation Certificate, How soon I have to apply for British Passport? Is there any time-period limitation?
Because I am thinking to Travel to India for a Month with my ILR. So incase if i get Naturalisation Certificate before my travel, Can I travel and come back and apply for British Passport?

Thanks for your help.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:55 pm

premebe555 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:07 pm
After receiving my Naturalisation Certificate, How soon I have to apply for British Passport? Is there any time-period limitation?
You can apply on the same day as the citizenship ceremony.
premebe555 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:07 pm
Because I am thinking to Travel to India for a Month with my ILR. So incase if i get Naturalisation Certificate before my travel, Can I travel and come back and apply for British Passport?
That may cause issues in both the UK and in India (assuming that you are currently an Indian citizen).
Your ILR ceases when you become a British citizen and you are expected to return your ILR BRP back to the Home Office within five days of the citizenship ceremony or face a fine of upto £1000.
As for Indian citizenship, you automatically lose your Indian citizenship on the day of your British citizenship ceremony. While you have a 90 day grace period to use your Indian passport, keep in mind that you are expected to acquire your British passport and surrender your Indian passport within that time frame. There may be consequences under Indian law if that is not so done.

I would suggest waiting for the naturalisation certificate, applying for the British passport, then surrendering your Indian passport and then applying for OCI before traveling to India (all the above assuming that you are an Indian citizen).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

premebe555

Post by premebe555 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:40 pm

Thank you verymuch for your advise Secret.Simon. It helps a lot.

Thank You!