ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Tier1 (general) extn application date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tester

Query on Tier1 (general) extn application date

Post by tester » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:18 pm

Dear All,

Need to clarify how early can one apply for Tier 1 (general) extension (currently on HSMP after 5 december 2006) before the current visa expires. As per HO it seems 4 weeks prior to the expiry of current visa date. To double check this i emailed wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and got following response.

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your email.

HSMP visa holders should apply for an extension to their Leave to Remain around 4 weeks before their visa expires. It is important that applications are made before the applicant’s current leave to remain expires.

Please note, applications can be submitted earlier than 4 weeks before the applicant’s visa expires, the visa will be issued from the date the existing visa expires.

Applicants will be able to continue working whilst their extension application is being considered....

Was anyone of you guys aware of the stmt in blue above? Can someone share their experience with HO on the same?

My status
=======
Current visa expires: 23rd March 2009
DOB: 01 Feb 1979
Present Age : 29
Would like to apply : Mid Jan 2009

Owing to the above i would like to apply before my birthday (i.e. complete 30) to acquire more points.

Any inputs most welcome.

Thanks

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:29 pm

tester

can u pls explan what u mean by more points. if u qualify in 2009 with 75 points, why do u need more points. more points dont help in any way

tester

Post by tester » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:40 am

vipul1981 wrote:tester

can u pls explan what u mean by more points. if u qualify in 2009 with 75 points, why do u need more points. more points dont help in any way
hi Vipul tks for your response, my situation is that if i apply before my birthday then my currenlty salary would suffice to claiming 75 points, and if i apply after birthday then i have to show my parttime job income as well (which i want to aviod) to get same number of points (as i get less points age)

So my question is : How early can i apply (as per the rules), so that i end up applying before my birthday(2nd Feb) which is like 12 weeks before my current visa expires (31 Mar 09)