ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global Talent dependent to Tier 2 ICT stitch

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Scientist 123
Newly Registered
India

Global Talent dependent to Tier 2 ICT stitch

Post by Scientist 123 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:47 pm

Hi all, I am in need of urgent advice. Please share your thoughts on the following matter.

I am on a global talent dependent visa for 3 months in the UK, and I am from India and I am on sabbatical - LOP ( loss of pay) from current my job in India. Now there is an opportunity on switching to tier 2 ICT and join the same company in the UK.

I am in contact with my HR but the guidelines are not clear. Meanwhile, I was wondering if anybody has switched from dependent to Tier1/Tier 2 to tier 2 ICT while being on the sabbatical loss of pay. Is it possible? can I switch within UK? or any other thoughts

thank you

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Global Talent dependent to Tier 2 ICT stitch

Post by poper » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:08 pm

It might be easier for you to switch to the new 'Skilled Worker' visa route.
Time spent on Tier 2 ICT does not lead to settlement(on a 5 year route). So, a definite NO if you want to keep the option of settlement.
Moreover, for Tier 2 ICT, you may need to prove that you are working for this employer in the last 12 months. I remember producing my previous 12 month payslips for my Tier 2 ICT application. I don't know how this would work with you being on sabbatical.
Whatever switch you perform, the time spent on your existing dependent visa will be lost for ILR purposes.

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Global Talent dependent to Tier 2 ICT stitch

Post by poper » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:10 pm

You have work rights already. Why do you want to switch now?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.