ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport- Newport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lifeRockss1

Re: British Passport- Newport

Post by lifeRockss1 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:24 am

awesome.. I think you should hear back the outcome before end of Jan

Musti
Tunisia

Post by Musti » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:28 pm
Musti wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:15 pm

Which location is yours??
I am Liverpool as well. The application isn't showing that it is being processed. Although it shows that the documents have been received. I have also sent them my travel document so they can dispose of it or whatever. Congratulations on getting your documents delivered.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:41 pm

Musti wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:28 pm
Musti wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:15 pm

Which location is yours??
I am Liverpool as well. The application isn't showing that it is being processed. Although it shows that the documents have been received. I have also sent them my travel document so they can dispose of it or whatever. Congratulations on getting your documents delivered.
There was a pause for Liverpool receiving any applications for good few months. Seems like they have started receiving again since around mid Jan 2021.
Due to corona, the timeline will be lagged. You are looking at around 3-4 weeks on average (if no interview call).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Musti
Tunisia

Post by Musti » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:43 pm

There was a pause for Liverpool receiving any applications for good few months. Seems like they have started receiving again since around mid Jan 2021.
Due to corona, the timeline will be lagged. You are looking at around 3-4 weeks on average (if no interview call).
[/quote]

when I spoke to the lady she said expect it in 6 weeks. Although this is the official time line but I think they're actually taking time, however when I look at other people's timelines it seems they're picking up the pace, not Liverpool but generally so it is quite confusing. I have to reapply after I change it as I plan to change my name

littlebuns

Post by littlebuns » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:54 pm

Does anyone know if passport offices work in the evening? I saw people got approvals at 7pm, 9pm from previous posts. Do they phone or email if they have questions?

Still checking emails every hour these days like in previous months..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:13 pm

Musti wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:43 pm
when I spoke to the lady she said expect it in 6 weeks. Although this is the official time line but I think they're actually taking time, however when I look at other people's timelines it seems they're picking up the pace, not Liverpool but generally so it is quite confusing. I have to reapply after I change it as I plan to change my name
There is not much recent data for Liverpool as it just started taking applications again. 6 weeks is the standard but should be less than 4 weeks. Majority are receiving in 2-3 weeks.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:18 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:13 pm
Musti wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:43 pm
There is not much recent data for Liverpool as it just started taking applications again. 6 weeks is the standard but should be less than 4 weeks. Majority are receiving in 2-3 weeks.
Hopefully this is the case. Just to get an idea I made application on 13th of Jan and sent documents very next day. Though they have received my documents, my application has not moved to processing stage. It looks like they have limited staff so any miracle will help.

Musti
Tunisia

Post by Musti » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:44 am

Hopefully this is the case. Just to get an idea I made application on 13th of Jan and sent documents very next day. Though they have received my documents, my application has not moved to processing stage. It looks like they have limited staff so any miracle will help.
[/quote]

I did exactly the same, applied on the 13th and actually sent everything off on the same day. They only acknowledged the receipt of documents a couple of days agi and they still have nit updated it into processing stage

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:54 am

Sometimes HMPO passes your application internally within a different location also. In my past experience, an application sent to HMPO Newport was sent to Durham internally and approved by HMPO Durham. That delayed the passport application for a couple of days (it was for someone else and pre-corona). But maybe that could be the reason of delay for someone waiting longer.

I suppose it will come in 3-4 weeks.

kamalshah74
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by kamalshah74 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:10 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows whether i can request the HMPO to send back the supporting documents quicker as they process the passport? I just need to travel for work and would need the foreign passport within 3 weeks of submission for the British passport.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:05 pm

kamalshah74 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:10 pm
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows whether i can request the HMPO to send back the supporting documents quicker as they process the passport? I just need to travel for work and would need the foreign passport within 3 weeks of submission for the British passport.

Thanks
How do you plan to re enter UK without a British Passport?

HMPO considers compelling circumstances. Provide evidence that you have to travel for work. They will expedite your case if you qualify.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:41 am

@musti @skasyap

My documents were delivered by royal mail on Wed and HMPO status changed - documents received today.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:30 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:41 am
@musti @skasyap

My documents were delivered by royal mail on Wed and HMPO status changed - documents received today.
Oh well done 👏

There is no news from my end where application has been moved to next stage. Hopefully they will start looking into that soon. Until now it is still in documents received status.

kamalshah74
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by kamalshah74 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:54 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:05 pm
kamalshah74 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:10 pm
Hi,

Thanks
How do you plan to re enter UK without a British Passport?

HMPO considers compelling circumstances. Provide evidence that you have to travel for work. They will expedite your case if you qualify.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently
Thanks. I will check the 'urgent' route

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:51 am

Someone who applied on 31st Dec got his passport on 18th Jan from HMPO Liverpool. So Liverpool HMPO seems to be following the normal 2/3 weeks also. Glad to see. Seems like more applications going to Liverpool and more data will pour in for this location in due course.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:28 pm

hmmm... now the next challenge seems to be the horrible service of TNT.
I received an email from the Passport office that the passport is on the way on the 18th (for my wife LIVERPOOL) and 19th (for me NEWPORT.).
The status on TNT initially showed delivery of 22nd (yesterday) then at 5 pm changed to 23rd Today but it wasn't delivered and now the delivery date is changed to ..wait for it...... 2nd Feb :roll: :roll: :roll:

Not sure why the Passport office doesn't use Royal mail .. looking at the reviews on TNT and its Twitter bashing ...I just hope its not a long wait.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:46 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:28 pm
hmmm... now the next challenge seems to be the horrible service of TNT.
I received an email from the Passport office that the passport is on the way on the 18th (for my wife LIVERPOOL) and 19th (for me NEWPORT.).
The status on TNT initially showed delivery of 22nd (yesterday) then at 5 pm changed to 23rd Today but it wasn't delivered and now the delivery date is changed to ..wait for it...... 2nd Feb :roll: :roll: :roll:

Not sure why the Passport office doesn't use Royal mail .. looking at the reviews on TNT and its Twitter bashing ...I just hope its not a long wait.
Why 2nd Feb? I guess it must be an error. You should receive it soon on Monday or so.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:49 pm

yeha I sincerely hope it's an error ..
another weird thing I noticed was.

When I put my application reference on TnT website it shows two consignments 1 for the passport and the other for the documents, but for my wife, it only shows the passport... so not sure how her documents are getting delivered.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:12 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:49 pm
yeha I sincerely hope it's an error ..
another weird thing I noticed was.

When I put my application reference on TnT website it shows two consignments 1 for the passport and the other for the documents, but for my wife, it only shows the passport... so not sure how her documents are getting delivered.
That is normal. Sometimes, it can be updated later. Different HMPO uses different service in my past experience. Possible that Liverpool might use Royal Mail to send documents.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:19 pm

ah I see, that would be great .. not sure why they don't use Royal Mail for passports too?
or even better Amazon next day delivery :D

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:49 pm

I received both new passport and supporting documents in a single envelope delivered by Tnt from newport office.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:07 am

coolrockspart2 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:49 pm
I received both new passport and supporting documents in a single envelope delivered by Tnt from newport office.
Congrats mate.. was it yesterday? did you notice the change in dates if you were tracking it?

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:49 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:51 am
Someone who applied on 31st Dec got his passport on 18th Jan from HMPO Liverpool. So Liverpool HMPO seems to be following the normal 2/3 weeks also. Glad to see. Seems like more applications going to Liverpool and more data will pour in for this location in due course.
@musti @CULLINAN any update on your application. Mine is still showing as documents received.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:43 pm

skasyap wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:49 am
CULLINAN wrote:
@musti @CULLINAN any update on your application. Mine is still showing as documents received.
Nothing yet. But usually the status is changed in late afternoon in my past experience. Will keep you updated here with notifications.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:43 pm
skasyap wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:49 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Nothing yet. But usually the status is changed in late afternoon in my past experience. Will keep you updated here with notifications.
Thanks. Just noticed another user reported his application being approved from Liverpool. He applied 2 days after. Though I have no travel plans just want to get this over soon :)