ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year ILR for spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nomanwahab
Mood:
Pakistan

B1 English Test

Post by nomanwahab » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:16 pm

Hi seniors & Moderator

I am going to apply for my wife ILR 10 year route . She was passed B1 English test on 2016 for extension set(M) . now she is completed 10 years. my question is she can use B1 English for ILR or she need to pass again A1 English test .
is B1 English test any expiry date. Please help me .
Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: B1 English Test

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:18 pm

nomanwahab wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:16 pm
Hi seniors & Moderator

I am going to apply for my wife ILR 10 year route . She was passed B1 English test on 2016 for extension set(M) . now she is completed 10 years. my question is she can use B1 English for ILR or she need to pass again A1 English test .
is B1 English test any expiry date. Please help me .
Thanks in advance.
If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.
Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nomanwahab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nomanwahab » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:25 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply Cullinan

So simply she can use for B1 English test passed from Trinity college London. still on the current list of recognised tests.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:26 pm

nomanwahab wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:25 pm
Thanks for your prompt reply Cullinan

So simply she can use for B1 English test passed from Trinity college London. still on the current list of recognised tests.
Yes. She needs to pass LIUK also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nomanwahab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nomanwahab » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:28 pm

yes she is going to do the LIUK test next week .

Thanks a Lot.

nomanwahab
Mood:
Pakistan

10 year ILR for spouse

Post by nomanwahab » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:15 am

Hi seniors

I am going to submit my wife application on 26th of January so she will be complete 10 years in uk. Her immigration history is came as psw depended visa on 26 January 2011.(visa started july 2010) First Extension 2011 till 2013 tier 1 dependent . Second extension 2013 till 2016. 3rd extension applied for flr m on 2016 and refused due to my application for ILR refused and win in a court 2019 and granted flr m till October 2021.
My question is she will be completed 10 years on 26 of January 2021 is she break her long residency any point when her application was refused and accepted through successful court appeal.
Her holiday is only 120 days last 10 years.

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: 10 year ILR for spouse

Post by zimba » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:29 am

There was no refusal if the court of appeal overturned the decision. She should be fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nomanwahab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nomanwahab » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:43 am

Thanks Zimba.
Zimba wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:29 am
There was no refusal if the court of appeal overturned the decision. She should be fine

nomanwahab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nomanwahab » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:10 pm

Hi seniors

I am just submitting my wife ilr application and at the end required documents they didn't ask for English language B1 certificate. They ask me about previously application required English language i click yes.
I just want to makesure is it ok or do i need to select something else. My wife already provided B1 English certificate on her previous application set (m).

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:48 pm

nomanwahab wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:10 pm
Hi seniors

I am just submitting my wife ilr application and at the end required documents they didn't ask for English language B1 certificate. They ask me about previously application required English language i click yes.
I just want to makesure is it ok or do i need to select something else. My wife already provided B1 English certificate on her previous application set (m).
Extension is not SET(M) btw. It is FLR(M).

The online form should have given you an option to input B1 details.
Anyways dont worry, just upload the B1 SELT with the documents.

nomanwahab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nomanwahab » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:52 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:48 pm
nomanwahab wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:10 pm
Hi seniors

Extension is not SET(M) btw. It is FLR(M).

The online form should have given you an option to input B1 details.
Anyways dont worry, just upload the B1 SELT with the documents.
Thanks for your quick reply. Your are star mate.

nomanwahab
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nomanwahab » Mon May 17, 2021 4:52 pm

Hi All
Applied my wife set(LR) on 30th January 2021. Received email today they need new B1 English test. I was submitted B1 was passed on 2016 And some one told me to apply for same there is no expiry on certificate. Now they ask me to book new test and send it with in 4 weeks. Any help please.