ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Date of Submission

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Spousal Visa Date of Submission

Post by aacheam » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:10 pm

Hi,

I would be grateful if some one could please help me with the following queries, as I am not too sure :) .

My fiance and I will be getting married in Ghana next year and we are planning to submit his visa application the day after our wedding when we have our marriage certificate. Would this be an issue? We have been advised to add a spousal and applicant letter of support, but as we would have to add details of our wedding, we would need to date the letter as the same date of submission. Do you think this would cause the ECO to raise questions? Should we wait a few days after the wedding before submitting?

Also, we are planning to travel abroad for our honeymoon soon after we submit his application but before his biometric appointment. Would this be ok? Or is it not advised?

I would really appreciate guidance on these two issues. Thanks!!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spousal Visa Date of Submission

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:41 pm

aacheam wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:10 pm
Hi,

I would be grateful if some one could please help me with the following queries, as I am not too sure :) .

My fiance and I will be getting married in Ghana next year and we are planning to submit his visa application the day after our wedding when we have our marriage certificate. Would this be an issue? We have been advised to add a spousal and applicant letter of support, but as we would have to add details of our wedding, we would need to date the letter as the same date of submission. Do you think this would cause the ECO to raise questions? Should we wait a few days after the wedding before submitting?

Also, we are planning to travel abroad for our honeymoon soon after we submit his application but before his biometric appointment. Would this be ok? Or is it not advised?

Yes you can actually submit the application soon after being married provided can be able to provide the sufficient subsisting relationship evidences. Also, you don't need to attach any letter of support because that would already be incorporated in the application through series of questions. Regarding traveling abroad, yes you can provided would be able to enroll your biometrics and respond any UKVI's query in timely.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Spousal Visa Date of Submission

Post by aacheam » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:45 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:41 pm
aacheam wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:10 pm
Hi,

Yes you can actually submit the application soon after being married provided can be able to provide the sufficient subsisting relationship evidences. Also, you don't need to attach any letter of support because that would already be incorporated in the application through series of questions. Regarding traveling abroad, yes you can provided would be able to enroll your biometrics and respond any UKVI's query in timely.
Oh perfect! Thank you for the reply :)

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Spousal visa - Title deeds vs Mortgage Statement

Post by aacheam » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:41 pm

Hiya :),

I have one question that I would love your help with, if possible.

I was wondering, if I provide the title deeds to my parents house in the spousal application, would I still need to provide a mortgage statement?

Is there a risk of refusal if the mortgage statement is left out?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:34 pm

aacheam wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:41 pm

I was wondering, if I provide the title deeds to my parents house in the spousal application, would I still need to provide a mortgage statement?

Thanks
Advisedly provide both if you can, it is providing multiple sourced evidence of the claim.

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by aacheam » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:39 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:34 pm
aacheam wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:41 pm

Thanks
Advisedly provide both if you can, it is providing multiple sourced evidence of the claim.
Ok sure, thank you!

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Spousal Visa - E-Signatures

Post by aacheam » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:13 pm

Hiya,

I would love to have someone's help with the following query please.

My work offices have been shut for a while and have implemented using e-signatures across all documents issued by the company.

Do you think the ECO would have an issue if my employer letter and payslip letter is signed via a e-signature? Is there a risk of refusal by doing this?

Would love to hear a reply :)

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:25 pm

aacheam wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:13 pm
Hiya,

My work offices have been shut for a while and have implemented using e-signatures across all documents issued by the company.

Do you think the ECO would have an issue if my employer letter and payslip letter is signed via a e-signature? Is there a risk of refusal by doing this? This is fine.

My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by aacheam » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:09 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:25 pm
aacheam wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:13 pm
Hiya,

Do you think the ECO would have an issue if my employer letter and payslip letter is signed via a e-signature? Is there a risk of refusal by doing this? This is fine.

Thank you !

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Name on land registry differs from passport

Post by aacheam » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I would be grateful if you could please help me with my issue.

I live with my parents and my husband and I are planning to stay at the family home.

I have requested land registry documents for the home as my dad owns it, however the name on the deed is slightly different. My father has 2 forenames and 2 surnames and this is in his passport e.g Joseph Lee Walker Brown, however on the title deeds and mortgage statement it just has his 2 forenames and 1 surname e.g Joseph Lee Brown.

Is this likely to be raised as an issue by the ECO?

Would be grateful to here your response.

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:14 am

aacheam wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:56 pm
Hi everyone,

I live with my parents and my husband and I are planning to stay at the family home.

I have requested land registry documents for the home as my dad owns it, however the name on the deed is slightly different. My father has 2 forenames and 2 surnames and this is in his passport e.g Joseph Lee Walker Brown, however on the title deeds and mortgage statement it just has his 2 forenames and 1 surname e.g Joseph Lee Brown.

Thank you
IMHO, clear grounds to raise it as an issue will be if there are other such inconsistencies or uncorroboration detected among documents.

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by aacheam » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:25 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:14 am
aacheam wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you
IMHO, clear grounds to raise it as an issue will be if there are other such inconsistencies or uncorroboration detected among documents.
Thanks for the reply AmazonianX. When you say inconsistencies in other documents, do you mean documents pertaining to my father in regards to the name difference or name differences in relation to mine or my husbands documents?
Because as for my father it’s just those two documents that have a shortened version of his name.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:57 am

aacheam wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:25 am
AmazonianX wrote:
aacheam wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you
Thanks for the reply AmazonianX. When you say inconsistencies in other documents, do you mean documents pertaining to my father in regards to the name difference or name differences in relation to mine or my husbands documents?
Because as for my father it’s just those two documents that have a shortened version of his name.
It is not limited to your father's document alone. A pattern/trend forms when more than 1 of such errors is observed or detected.

aacheam
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by aacheam » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:46 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:57 am
aacheam wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:25 am
AmazonianX wrote:
aacheam wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you
It is not limited to your father's document alone. A pattern/trend forms when more than 1 of such errors is observed or detected.
Ok, thank you for clarifying.