ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please its urgent question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akazmi052
Newly Registered
Mood:

Please its urgent question

Post by akazmi052 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:19 pm

Hi . My name is ali and i came here in uk in jan 2020 on a extended family permit .. my first cousin is a french and he has business in france .. in short i was dependant in him and i got visa ... after i came here he continues to go back to france and come here from time to time and he also got pre settled status in april 2020 ... well after him i applied eu settlement scheme and got resident card which says “ work permitted and leave to remain and in the down of the card it says in accordance to eu exit something ...

My question is

If i go back to pakistan to meet my family
And while coming back do i need to show immigration that my sponsor is here because sometimes he will go france and look after his business as well

Will i be denied of entry because may be at that time my sponsor wont be in uk and they will say i am not allowed to entre ??

Just to clear .. he is my first cousin means his father and my father are brothers .. thats why i applied extended family member permit from pakistan and got it

And also i have resident card which will expire in 2025

kamoe

Re: Please its urgent question

Post by kamoe » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:15 am

akazmi052 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:19 pm
after i came here he continues to go back to france and come here from time to time
Do you mean he spends most of his time in France, and only occasionally visits the UK?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Re: Please its urgent question

Post by kamoe » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:57 am

akazmi052 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:19 pm
If i go back to pakistan to meet my family
And while coming back do i need to show immigration that my sponsor is here because sometimes he will go france and look after his business as well
Will i be denied of entry because may be at that time my sponsor wont be in uk and they will say i am not allowed to entre ??
I am only assuming this will be similar to the EEA route: On arrival you are usually informally asked where yous sponsor is. As long as they are a UK resident, and NOT resident somewhere else and only occasionally visiting UK (hence why it is important to establish where he is resident, in the UK or in France?) then you will have no issues.

Now, if at all your cousin left the UK I believe under the Settlement Scheme you can still legally stay on Pre-Settled Status (but anyone with first-hand experience correct me if I'm wrong); but you will have issues when trying to apply for Settled Status further down the road. When applying for Settled Status, you have to prove (not only say, PROVE) that your sponsor still is and has been resident in the UK throughout the 5 years you are claiming to qualify. So your cousin might want to be careful not to "accidentally" become a resident in France if he does not want to endanger your right to Settled Status in some year's time.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.