ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker visa- document submission

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aaj2111
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 dependant maintenance

Post by aaj2111 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:35 am

I have a Tier 2 visa issued in Nov 2020 with CoS (A rated sponsor) mentioning - 'Tick to certify maintenance for migrant (and dependants, if applicable):' marked as 'Y''. I am in th UK.

My wife and child (outside UK) is applying for dependant visa now (after 3 months of my visa being issued)

1. On the dependant visa application there is a question - 'Has <Name>'s sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance on their certificate of sponsorship? '.

Is the answer to the question on the application 'Yes' as the CoS says? Or should I check with my sponsor again?

2.Based on what I have read in the financial requiremeents for the visa in the guidance document - quoting - 'You’ll usually need to show proof of this when they apply, unless either:you have all been in the UK with a valid visa for at least 12 months or your employer can cover your family’s costs during your first month in the UK - this must be confirmed on your certificate of sponsorship'. Does the answer to question 1 satisfy this requirement?

3. Is there any merit in adding my personal bank statement - I have the amount that satisifes the maintenance requirement criteria. Or would it lead to unecessary confusion?

4. Is a cover letter necessary?

Thank you to all experts in the group. You guys are doing an amazing job advising us. God bless.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 dependant maintenance

Post by manci » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:59 am

Is the answer to the question on the application 'Yes' as the CoS says?

yes, that is correct and that is all you'll have to do. UKVI will check your wife's and child's application against your CoS to confirm that the sponsor had certified maintenance

aaj2111
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 dependant maintenance

Post by aaj2111 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:36 pm

Thank you manci.

aaj2111
Newly Registered
India

Skilled worker visa- document submission

Post by aaj2111 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:51 am

Hi All,

For the Skilled worker dependant visa - parter and child, do we have to upload the passports scans - current and previous including travel history stamps for past 10 years on the VFS portal ?

Thank you

soeco
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Skilled worker visa- document submission

Post by soeco » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:25 pm

Hi aaj2111
I'm in the same situation as you. I have an A-rated sponsor and my sponsor also ticked my maintenance for me during my application last year. Now I want to apply for my wife entry clearance VISA from the outside UK. Do I need to prepare any bank statement or my CoS would be fine?

thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Skilled worker visa- document submission

Post by manci » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:58 pm

soeco wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:25 pm
my sponsor also ticked my maintenance for me
the sponsor's acceptance of maintenance covers your dependants, too