ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Wife BRP and Mine Expire same time while I will be applying for ILR ,what type visa she would apply ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

seko352
Newly Registered
Greece

My Wife BRP and Mine Expire same time while I will be applying for ILR ,what type visa she would apply ?

Post by seko352 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:56 pm

Hi All,

I hope you are all safe and healthy.

I would like to get some advice or guidance if possible.

I've got married almost a year ago, and my wife been in the UK only about 10 months, she came here Tier-2 Dependent Visa.
She will apply for a Dependent visa extension while I will apply to ILR as our existent visas (BRPs) expires at the same time which is 28th February, 2021.

Right now we already opened an application for her (Tier 2 Dependent Visa Extension )and tried to receive and pay for the IHS (just want to see how much we need to pay for IHS, we were expecting 4 years payment, since she has been here for almost one year while I switched to ILR I assume she should be given 4 years payment which is 4*£624= £ 2496 ) but the payment showed us in gov.uk only £ 321 (I assume this is only for 6 months).
Do you have any suggestion why gov.uk shows £321 for IHS payment ? does it mean that she will be given visa expansion for only 6 months, then we need to again extend her visa after 6 months ? Our assumption to get 4 Years is not right ?

Please advice.

Thanks
Seko

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: My Wife BRP and Mine Expire same time while I will be applying for ILR ,what type visa she would apply ?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:43 pm

Her extension will be for 3 years. You cannot choose the visa duration.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seko352
Newly Registered
Greece

Re: My Wife BRP and Mine Expire same time while I will be applying for ILR ,what type visa she would apply ?

Post by seko352 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:43 pm
Her extension will be for 3 years. You cannot choose the visa duration.
Thanks for the answer.
I have few questions regarding 3 years extension.

1) Since we completed the Dependent Expansion Visa for her , IHS payment shows £312 (we havent made payment yet), do you think this IHS payment £312 is for 3 years visa ? we might have had some wrong entries caused to IHS charge £312 (doesnt seems to me right)....We will start new application.

As I said our BRP ends same date (28th February,2021)...I will apply for ILR , but she has been only in UK for 10 months, so she will be seperatly applying Skill worker Dependent Visa Expansion.

2) Could you please confirm she has to apply Skill Worker Dependent Visa Expension separetly from my ILR application ?
3 ) As we both submit our applications same time , How will home office decide her visa decision as her application depends on my ILR application
I believe they have to decide my ILR application first, then Home Office could consider her application.
4 ) Should we both include a letter mention this situation in our Applications ?

I know tons of questions, appriciate your answers.

Thanks,
Seko

seko352
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by seko352 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:03 pm

Hi again,

In summary:
I am Tier-2 (General) and My wife has dependent Visa and needs to extend it meanwhile I will be applying for ILR.
My BRP & Her BRP expires 28 February 2021.

I assume I have made a mistake when we entered informations in IHS page for her that is why we have £312 IHS charge which doesnt make sense,

Could you please advice what informations shall we provide for below 2 questions in IHS page for her ?
Note: I put my first day at work (14 March 2016) and my BRP expires date (28 February 2021) which gave us £312, not right.

Work start 14 March 2016
Work end 28 February 2021

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:04 pm

Put start date as fayenkf application and end date as 3 years from that to get the correct IHS fee
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seko352
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by seko352 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:06 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:04 pm
Put start date as fayenkf application and end date as 3 years from that to get the correct IHS fee
Hi ,
Thanks for the answer, question related 3 years IHS fee.

1) 3 years IHS fee means 3 years extension ?

Thanks,
Seko

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:20 am

Yes, a PBS dependent extension is granted for 3 years if the main PBS migrant applies for or holds ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seko352
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by seko352 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:20 am
Yes, a PBS dependent extension is granted for 3 years if the main PBS migrant applies for or holds ilr.
Thanks a lot.

1) is this 3 years standard period ?
2) Can we request for 4 years extention to eligible to apply ILR directly in order to avoid re-extention as she has been in UK for 1 year only ?

Good day,
Seko

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:07 pm

1. Yes, it is stated in the immigration rules. No discretion by ukvi to change the duration.

2. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seko352
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by seko352 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:07 pm
1. Yes, it is stated in the immigration rules. No discretion by ukvi to change the duration.

2. No.
in this case, we have to apply re-extension for her one more time to complete 5 years ILR route , this feature re-extension will require only one year as she would complete 4 years already, in that time do we still have to pay 3 years IHS even we need only one year ?

Thanks,
Seko

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:31 pm

in that time do we still have to pay 3 years IHS even we need only one year ?
It will still be a further 3 year extension at that time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seko352
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by seko352 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:31 pm
in that time do we still have to pay 3 years IHS even we need only one year ?
It will still be a further 3 year extension at that time.
Thanks a lot.

do you have a link for below you answered in this thread, please ?
CR001 wrote:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:24 pm

seko352 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:18 pm
do you have a link for below you answered in this thread, please ?
CR001 wrote:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
319D. Period and conditions of grant
(a) (i) Entry clearance or limited leave to remain will be granted for a period which expires on the same day as the leave granted to the Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker, or
(ii) If the Relevant Points-Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker has indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker, or is, at the same time being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker, or where the Relevant Points-Based System Migrant or Appendix W Worker has since become a British Citizen, leave to remain will be granted to the applicant for a period of 3 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seko352
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by seko352 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:26 pm

Thank you very much.

seko352
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by seko352 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:35 pm

Hi ,
I have applied my ILR on yesterday, now applying my wife PBS dependant Visa, since her visa decision based on my ILR approval, I would like to make HO aware of my ILR application when they consider her visa application.

1) May I put my ILR application number as home office Reference number in her application?
2) May I also inclode support letter that mention about this ?

Thanks
Serkan