ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) advice please - application date and necessary to send passport?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

theelite16
Newly Registered

SET(M) advice please - application date and necessary to send passport?

Post by theelite16 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:47 pm

Hi all,

You amazing people helped me put through the initial spouse visa 5 years ago and then the FLR(M) 2.5 years ago without a hitch.

I now have to do the SET(M) for my wife and had read some confusing information on some websites. What is the earliest I can apply for the SET(M)? My wife came to the UK on 12 February 2015, but her BRP expires on 3 May 2021.

Is it within 28 days of reaching 60 months (in which case it's from the entry date), or within 28 days of the visa expiry (and she would have been in the UK for just over 63 months)?

Secondly, as the application is all online, do we upload the passport or do they still need the physical document?

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET(M) advice please - application date and necessary to send passport?

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:07 pm

What is the earliest I can apply for the SET(M)? My wife came to the UK on 12 February 2015, but her BRP expires on 3 May 2021.
She could have applied last year already if she can on a spouse visa and not a 6 months fiance visa in February 2015. Unless your dates/information is not accurate.
Is it within 28 days of reaching 60 months (in which case it's from the entry date), or within 28 days of the visa expiry (and she would have been in the UK for just over 63 months)?
The qualifying period starts from the date she entered the UK (but not if she came in a 6 months fiance visa). The latest she can apply is before the visa expires.
Secondly, as the application is all online, do we upload the passport or do they still need the physical document?
Everything is uploaded digitally. No originals are sent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

theelite16
Newly Registered

Post by theelite16 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:07 pm

Hi CR001,

Ah, apologies. I actually meant 12 February 2016. That's the day she entered the UK, and the BRP visa expiry date is 3 May 2021.

Oh, so she can apply from within 28 days of the entry date period (e.g. 15 January 2021), and until the visa expiry date. Is this correct?

And thanks, for confirming the documents point.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:11 pm

Oh, so she can apply from within 28 days of the entry date period (e.g. 15 January 2021), and until the visa expiry date. Is this correct?
She could have applied from a few days ago already. But yes, she can apply anytime before her current visa expires.

Presumably she has liuk and B1 English?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

theelite16
Newly Registered

Post by theelite16 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:27 pm

Thank you so much!

Yes, incidentally she actually just did both the Life in the UK and English tests in the last 2 weeks.

I was going to do the application in April, but this changes things. I'll collate the documents and do the application much sooner.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:32 pm

Bear in mind that the application fees usually increases every year in April. Plan accordingly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

theelite16
Newly Registered

Post by theelite16 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:28 pm

Thanks Char. That's definitely a consideration.

I've checked the .gov website and it seems my wife can't do the priority service. Is this true? Have they stopped doing this for SET(M) during Covid-19?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:54 pm

theelite16 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:28 pm
Thanks Char. That's definitely a consideration.

I've checked the .gov website and it seems my wife can't do the priority service. Is this true? Have they stopped doing this for SET(M) during Covid-19?

Thanks
Super priority and priority services were suspended since corona pandemic began for all categories. However, they just reinstated for some categories just last week. For SET(M) they have not yet started it.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

theelite16
Newly Registered

Post by theelite16 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:55 pm

Thanks CULLINAN.

Much appreciated.