ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Booking Biometrics appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

t4ure4n

Booking Biometrics appointment

Post by t4ure4n » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:54 pm

I have submitted my citizenship application and now I am trying to book biometric enrolment appointment with ukvcas.

Can someone please advise me on the following?

1) Due to COVID i can't visit my referee's home - Can I ask them to send me a scanned copy of completed form? OR it is a must to provide original referee declaration form to UKVCAS at the time of biometric enrolment.

2) Can I book free appointment at "Enhanced Service Points" or they only offer paid bookings. I don't need scanning etc and I also don't really feel comfortable travelling on public transport to Core Service Point (Victoria/Croydon).

3) I have been trying to book for last few days and every location (around London area) is coming up fully booked. How do I even get an appointment? Is there are specific time when new appointments are made available.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Booking Biometrics appointment

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:27 pm

1) Use post.

2) Enhanced is always paid.

3) Look after 12AM GMT tonight. You will get one for 15th Feb or earlier (if any cancellations).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

t4ure4n

Post by t4ure4n » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:11 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:27 pm
1) Use post.

3) Look after 12AM GMT tonight. You will get one for 15th Feb or earlier (if any cancellations).
I have checked at exactly 12AM GMT. There are no free appointments available even at Core Services, with cheapest one starting at £110

Where are the free appointments? I have already paid for biometrics, why am I being changed again even for standard service
Attachments
post_oofice.png
post_oofice.png (63.68 KiB) Viewed 624 times

t4ure4n

Post by t4ure4n » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:44 am

Never mind found this https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.uk ... tion.co.uk
It is clearly a money making scam run by Sopra Steria and who ever gave them the contract.
I can only describe it as "day light robbery" and I am really disappointed that I have no other choice than to pay :(

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:02 am

That’s how it is now, quite unbelievable. I have a large family and had to pay almost £1k.
Bizman

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:21 am

Check for different location/different cities. If you are open to travel and look continuously for 3/4 days through out the day, you may get lucky. Finding 1 free slot is easier than finding multiple free slots for the whole family. So more chances of success if you are one.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:36 pm

Strange that there are no free appointments available now. I was able to book free appointments for my family of 4 on 20th Nov in Croydon. I had tried after mid-night.

Maybe the recent lockdown has affected the staff count in UKVCAS which as a return affected the free appointments availability. They may start offering free appointments next month after lockdown.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:07 am

Hopefully
Bizman

t4ure4n

Post by t4ure4n » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:50 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:36 pm
Strange that there are no free appointments available now. I was able to book free appointments for my family of 4 on 20th Nov in Croydon. I had tried after mid-night.

Maybe the recent lockdown has affected the staff count in UKVCAS which as a return affected the free appointments availability. They may start offering free appointments next month after lockdown.
True, the lockdown must have resulted in influx of large number of people trying to apply. But number of staff should have nothing to do with us getting free appointments. SS has to achieve KPI's they agreed with HO and I am sure one of them is number of appointments.

The applicants should be able to book free (standard) service during normal working hours at core sites. But I have seen even standard appointments listed as paid. UKVCAS is promoting paid appointments and not releasing enough free appointments which I consider a money making scam.

t4ure4n

Post by t4ure4n » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:44 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:27 pm
1) Use post.
Hi @CULLINAN
I managed to get an appointment, thanks for your tip.
Can you please advise me if I need to take all original documents to the biometrics appointment which I have already uploaded to UKCAS website?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:27 pm

Carry originals only. No need to print soft copies. Only passport and appointment confirmation will be checked.