ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect Referee details entered

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UDHYAS
Newly Registered
India

Incorrect Referee details entered

Post by UDHYAS » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:30 pm

Dear All,

I have submitted an application for naturalization as a British Citizen. But by mistake, I have mentioned both referees as my friends (both are British citizens). but I just realized that one of the referees should be in professional standing, My application has been submitted and booked an appointment with UKVCAS.

Could you please advise how could I change one referee now. I did not see any option to update my application. could someone please advise on this?

thanks
GK

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Incorrect Referee details entered

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:25 pm

No issues. Just add new referee details in the cover letter and upload letter and new referee declaration with your documents before biometrics.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

UDHYAS
Newly Registered
India

Post by UDHYAS » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:30 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:25 pm
No issues. Just add new referee details in the cover letter and upload letter and new referee declaration with your documents before biometrics.
Hi Cullinan,
Thanks for your reply. I will do the same.
Could you please clarify one more thing. Doc says "For an adult application, one referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, eg minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a
professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this
application).

Does NHS doctors are eligible to sign? I did not see it in the above list. But one of my friends said they are authorized to sign. Could you please advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:39 pm

You can only ask someone who is on the professional list of referees as per the guidance.

Page 24
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.