ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Starting ILR application for Jan submission

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Thecaptaine
Newly Registered
India

Re: Starting ILR application for Jan submission

Post by Thecaptaine » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:55 pm
To be on the safer side, I always suggest to take the entry date as the reference point i.e. 23/2/2021 minus 28 days in your case.

But you can apply now and to be on the safe side book biometrics for only when you reach 23/2/2021 minus 28 days.

These days biometrics are running at a 28 day lag anyways. So even if you book tonight, earliest slot you will get is for 4th Feb (unless you are lucky to get any earlier cancellation) which falls well within the above.
Thanks for clarifying that Cullinan. Good advise. I will probably do that then! Cheers.

Thecaptaine
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thecaptaine » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:20 pm

Hi admins/Cullinan,

I have now submitted my application and will patiently wait for the process to take its time. But I now have a question for my wife's dependent ILR application.

She is just getting started on her application and I saw that priority service applications are now available. What happens if I apply for my spouse using a priority service application? Would that hasten the processing of my application as well? Or should I just proceed with a normal application for her?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:24 pm

I'd your dependent is applying for ilr, her application will only be decided dafter you get ilr. If your ilr fails, her ilr will also fail. She cannot get ilr indeoendtly of you as the main PBS visa holder.

Your dependent applying using super priority will have no effect on the speed of yours and her application won't be decided as super priority either until your application is decided.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:30 pm

What date your wife’s visa expire? She can simply wait if she has valid leave till you get a decision. Once you get a decision, she can apply via SP if she wishes. But if her visa expiry is close, she must apply before expiry. If your case is not decided till then, as CR001 said, SP will be a waste for your wife.

OR given you have valid leave and have not submitted your biometrics as yet, you may consider withdrawing your current application and reapply using SP for both yourself and wife. £1600 extra.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Thecaptaine
Newly Registered
India

Post by Thecaptaine » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:02 pm

Thank you for your response CR001 and Cullinan. She has validity till early next year, so time is not a problem. As per your suggestion, I will wait to hear back about my own ILR application and will not use SP since it won't give an expedited return of my own application. Thank you for clarifying that.