ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa (self submitting)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa (self submitting)

Post by TODMATT » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:56 pm

Proof of ownership if owned or tenancy agreement if renting
Letter of No objection from the landlord if renting or letter from parents if owned.
Council tax if there's one.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

urizwi

Post by urizwi » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:47 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:56 pm
Proof of ownership if owned or tenancy agreement if renting
Letter of No objection from the landlord if renting or letter from parents if owned.
Council tax if there's one.
Great thanks!

urizwi

Post by urizwi » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:14 am

Question about chat history.

First a little background. Our relationship started in 2014 (long distance) and we finally got married in November 2018. We lived together for a total of 1.5 years and we also have a child.

I have facebook chat logs dating back from 2014-2017. However there is nothing for 2016. Whatsapp chat history only goes back as far as September 2019 up to present day. Call logs only go back to July 2020.

So as you can see there are some gaps (particularly the time of our wedding). My husband got a new phone and I lost my data. So this is all we have.

Even so I have around 90 screenshots. About 3 per month. Do you think my chat history is enough?

We have pictures too. From what I understand all of this is just to prove our relationship is real. We have a child together so I'm thinking gaps in communication won't be an issue.

Should I address it in the cover letter or just leave it as it is?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:44 am

urizwi wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:14 am
Question about chat history.

First a little background. Our relationship started in 2014 (long distance) and we finally got married in November 2018. We lived together for a total of 1.5 years and we also have a child.

I have facebook chat logs dating back from 2014-2017. However there is nothing for 2016. Whatsapp chat history only goes back as far as September 2019 up to present day. Call logs only go back to July 2020.

So as you can see there are some gaps (particularly the time of our wedding). My husband got a new phone and I lost my data. So this is all we have.

Even so I have around 90 screenshots. About 3 per month. Do you think my chat history is enough?

We have pictures too. From what I understand all of this is just to prove our relationship is real. We have a child together so I'm thinking gaps in communication won't be an issue.

Should I address it in the cover letter or just leave it as it is?
Provide what you have as evidence, address any area that is of concern in cover letter.

urizwi

Post by urizwi » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:34 pm

Thank you, I just told them the genuine reason in my cover letter.

My husband had his biometric appointment yesterday. Should we be expecting a confirmation email? Or is there no communication until a decision has been made. I was hoping there would be some way of tracking the application but my VFS account looks exactly as it did before the appointment.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:54 pm

urizwi wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:34 pm
Thank you, I just told them the genuine reason in my cover letter.

My husband had his biometric appointment yesterday. Should we be expecting a confirmation email? Or is there no communication until a decision has been made. I was hoping there would be some way of tracking the application but my VFS account looks exactly as it did before the appointment.
Some applicants do get confirmation email, others not. Sorry, I don't know the state of the application tracking for now, however you can follow the timeline threads to get an idea of state or progress of applications.

urizwi

Post by urizwi » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:16 pm

Thanks. It's just a waiting game now!

urizwi

Post by urizwi » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:06 pm

I just found out from my husband that the VFS staff did not take the Document Checklist at the appointment. They returned it to him without asking him to sign or signing it themselves. Aren't they supposed to keep it?

hlatif567
Newly Registered

Post by hlatif567 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:29 pm

My husband had his biometrics done on the 24th November, he took the checklist as well but they didn’t take it either. They said because we’ve already self uploaded everything, they don’t need to take anything from him.

urizwi

Post by urizwi » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:22 pm

Oh right! I was so worried that maybe the staff overlooked it. Maybe it's for those who submit the documents at the centre. I also uploaded all docs online.

Have you heard back from them since?

hlatif567
Newly Registered

Post by hlatif567 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:56 am

Don’t worry about it! You may just be over thinking it. I haven’t heard back yet, hoping to hear back by next week. Please pray for a positive outcome, the wait is tough and I wish you the very best :)

urizwi

Post by urizwi » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:49 pm

You don't have long to go now! I hope you get some good news soon :)

urizwi

Re: Spouse Visa response time

Post by urizwi » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:59 pm

Hi, does anyone know if the decision is made any faster than usual for those with a child who has British citizenship? Waiting is tough :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa response time

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:02 pm

urizwi wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:59 pm
Hi, does anyone know if the decision is made any faster than usual for those with a child who has British citizenship? Waiting is tough :(
No it is not. It takes the time it will take.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

urizwi

Post by urizwi » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:04 pm

Thanks...I thought as much.

urizwi

Should I email UKVI?

Post by urizwi » Sat May 01, 2021 6:27 pm

I received a call from the Home Office on the 20th April, for an interview, this was 62 working days. Now it's been 67 working days and I'm tempted to email them.

Is there any point in doing so or should I just continue waiting?

firestar786

Post by firestar786 » Sat May 01, 2021 6:44 pm

I would call them personally :-)

urizwi

Post by urizwi » Tue May 11, 2021 2:06 pm

I emailed them a week ago and they usually respond within 2 days. But it's been over 7 days and I didn't get a reply. They charge around £2.75 for an email and then they just ignore it! Is there no way to complain about this horrendous service?!

Anyway, having given them ample time I finally called them today. And the lady told me the last status update was on 14th April (still awaiting decision). So they didn't even update since the interview on the 20th :(

She said she can escalate the case and I said yes please do. I am told I'll be contacted within 15 working days.

It has been 77 working days since the biometrics. Please pray for us.

SR11
Newly Registered

Post by SR11 » Sat May 15, 2021 1:13 pm

Hi,

Praying that you guys get a good news soon!

I read on your post on the timeline thread that you were told that the case was not straightforward. Could you tell me what issues they had in particular? Did they ask you specifically regarding these concerns on the call or was it more general questions?

Thank you!

urizwi

No decision 90 days

Post by urizwi » Fri May 28, 2021 10:57 pm

Biometrics were on 23rd Jan. Today marks 90 WD or 17 weeks. I have emailed and called them, escalated the case, with generic responses and apologies.

Any advice on what to do? Do I carry on waiting or is there anything I could possibly do to make them respond. My case is not complex at all. I have no idea what they are stuck on.

urizwi

Post by urizwi » Fri May 28, 2021 11:00 pm

SR11 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:13 pm
Hi,

Praying that you guys get a good news soon!

I read on your post on the timeline thread that you were told that the case was not straightforward. Could you tell me what issues they had in particular? Did they ask you specifically regarding these concerns on the call or was it more general questions?

Thank you!
Sorry for the late reply.

The email did not explain, case not straightforward is a generic response to cases that take longer than usual.

The call was made to myself and employer so only work related questions. Mostly generic, easy questions. Maybe the work was the issue they wanted to clarify.