ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused between skilled worker & skilled worker: health & care visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rdt2717
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependant visa extension while main applicant awaiting ILR decision

Post by rdt2717 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:23 pm

Hi all!

I have recently applied for ILR (Tier 2 Set (0) 5 year route) and awaiting decision. My husband’s dependant visa will be expiring this March 2021 and we’ll be applying for his PBS dependant visa extension. Can someone please help me with some of my queries?

1. Since my ILR is still awaiting decision, I have read in some of the topics here that we need to attach a cover letter containing my ILR application details, is this correct?
2. Since I am on the shortage occupation list in my previous COS, will my dependant be exempted from paying the IHS? If not, will it be lesser based from my previous COS? Or a letter from my employer stating that I am still a healthcare worker and my dependant should be exempted for IHS?
3. Do you know the current fee for dependant visa extension under Skilled worker: health & care visa?

Thank you for all your help!

rdt2717
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Dependant visa extension while main applicant awaiting ILR decision

Post by rdt2717 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:19 pm

Hi! Can anyone help me with my queries please?

Thank you!!

rdt2717
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Dependant visa extension while main applicant awaiting ILR decision

Post by rdt2717 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:33 pm

Hi to all!

I have recently applied for ILR (Tier 2 Set (0) 5 year route) and awaiting decision. My husband’s dependant visa will be expiring this March 2021 and we’ll be applying for his PBS dependant visa extension. Can someone please help me with some of my queries?

1. Since my ILR is still awaiting decision, I have read in some of the topics here that we need to attach a cover letter containing my ILR application details, is this correct?
2. Since I am on the shortage occupation list in my previous COS, will my dependant be exempted from paying the IHS? If not, will it be lesser based from my previous COS? Or a letter from my employer stating that I am still a healthcare worker and my dependant should be exempted for IHS?
3. Do you know the current fee for dependant visa extension under Skilled worker: health & care visa?

Thank you for all your help!

rdt2717
Newly Registered

Confused between skilled worker & skilled worker: health & care visa

Post by rdt2717 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:36 pm

Hi everyone! Apologies as I kept on asking questions. But while reading the guidelines for skilled workers, I was a bit confused with some things.

1. I have applied for ILR and my application is still pending, I was on Tier 2 (General) before this, is this now the Skilled Worker: Health & care visa?
2. My husband will be applying for extension of his dependant visa, but we are unsure whether he can tick the box stating that the main applicant(me) is eligible for health & care visa? Thus, reducing the visa fee and exempting him for paying the IHS? Provided that my employer will provide a letter confirming that I am still under the Health and Care Visa? But unsure if this applies to me as I have applied for ILR??

TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confused between skilled worker & skilled worker: health & care visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:50 am

rdt2717 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:36 pm
Hi everyone! Apologies as I kept on asking questions. But while reading the guidelines for skilled workers, I was a bit confused with some things.

1. I have applied for ILR and my application is still pending, I was on Tier 2 (General) before this, is this now the Skilled Worker: Health & care visa?
2. My husband will be applying for extension of his dependant visa, but we are unsure whether he can tick the box stating that the main applicant(me) is eligible for health & care visa? Thus, reducing the visa fee and exempting him for paying the IHS? Provided that my employer will provide a letter confirming that I am still under the Health and Care Visa? But unsure if this applies to me as I have applied for ILR??

TIA
This doesn't apply to you/your dependent if you have applied for ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rdt2717
Newly Registered

Post by rdt2717 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:17 am

Thank you for your response CR001!

-But my husband can still apply for extension of his dependant visa as I was on Tier 2 before my application for ILR?
- While filling up the form for his extension, it is asking for my sponsor license number, shall I enter the sponsor license number from my last COS?

Thank you!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:30 am

Yes and yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rdt2717
Newly Registered

Post by rdt2717 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:40 am

Thank you CR001!
Sorry I have more questions.

1. in the form it is asking for the date of current visa/leave to remain and the end date, is this the BRP details or this is the part where we enter the date of application plus 3 years?
2. In the travel history, it is asking for the travel for the last 10 years, as my husband worked in Singapore before but has been in and out of Singapore to go for holiday back home, do we have to enter each date that he travelled or the first entry and last exit from Singapore will do?
3. For the proof of cohabitation, we are to provide tenancy agreement, council tax and water bills, bank statement of joint bank account, driver’s license, to be provided every 3/4 months within the last 2 yrs? Would these be enough?

Thank you for your endless help!

mufans
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by mufans » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:15 pm

Hi,
i have the same question,
me as the dependent. i have applied to be switching my t5 to t2 dependent,
i encountered the same question of asking if my partner's has been informed that he is eligible for H&C visa.
i clicked yes but he is just health care worker with t2 now not yet expired and switched.

because of that i paid less application fee
however on monday i received an email saying :Evidence from your sponsor’s employer confirming that you are eligible for the H&C visa

what should i do :shock: :shock: