ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian visa for minor

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hemanthjava
Newly Registered
India

Indian visa for minor

Post by hemanthjava » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:25 pm

Hi,

Both my husband and I are India citizens residing in UK. Our son (2 year old) is a British Citizen. I wanted to visit my family in India. I understand that as per the Indian government guidelines, minors whose parents are Indian are allowed entry.

However since eVisas for India are still suspended and the VFS offices in UK are closed due to lockdown, I am not sure how can I get an entry visa for my son. My son doesnot have an OCI card.

Does anyone have any information?

Thanks
Dasha

vlabathomas
Mood:

Re: Indian visa for minor

Post by vlabathomas » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:53 pm

we are on the same boat

Ann19
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ann19 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:17 pm

We are also in a similar situation. Does anyone know if the evisa service will be available soon?

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:23 pm

Unless you have an emergency or valid reason high commission of India won’t allow you to book evisa.
Also only valid travel is allowed from UK so unless you have valid reason it is advisable not to travel.
If you have evidence of urgency such as medical or similar you can email embassy with evidence and then they should allow you to get the visa.